Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Got tired of waiting for "the update" bit the bullet and root

What ROMS do you guys use/prefer? Im going to unlock and flash today but unsure which ROM to go with. Im having all the crappy radio problems, etc.

quick question here -- I'm thinking of flashing over to 4.0.4 this weekend, maybe I'll root too. Does Wugg's toolkit work on GSM (looking for confirmation from someone who's used it)? The writeup "Don't Panic" looks great but seems pretty focused on Verizon's Gnex. How different is it for the GSM Gnex? I don't want to brick my phone if there are critical differences!

-Deleted-

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoyams View Post
    What ROMS do you guys use/prefer? Im going to unlock and flash today but unsure which ROM to go with. Im having all the crappy radio problems, etc.
    Some members opinions on various roms in these 2 threads right here on AC.

What Rom is the Fastest?
    What's your current Daily Driver?

On 4.04 as well now. Here's my version, if it helps anyone:
    Thanked by:
    It's been real...

Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    quick question here -- I'm thinking of flashing over to 4.0.4 this weekend, maybe I'll root too. Does Wugg's toolkit work on GSM (looking for confirmation from someone who's used it)? The writeup "Don't Panic" looks great but seems pretty focused on Verizon's Gnex. How different is it for the GSM Gnex? I don't want to brick my phone if there are critical differences!
    Yes, you specify during the process if it's for CDMA/LTE or GSM. Works with either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    General principles are the same. When you're downloading, make sure you're downloading a rom that fits your phone--if you have a GSM, look for "maguro." If you have VZW, look for "toro." Occasionally there will be overlap (like apps, GAPPs, etc.)

The principles are the all the same, and can be generally applied to pretty much any Android device.
    Last edited by dmmarck; 04-29-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    2defmouze likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12