[RADIOS][VZW] Galaxy Nexus Radios and Installation Guide

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [RADIOS] Verizon Galaxy Nexus Radios and Guide

word. i'll update OP but prolly not till later or tomorrow. (reading)

or it might be best to get a version wihtout the bootloader so they can just be flashed without the reversion to 402.

anyway - will flash dt's version and see how it goes.

get at yall later.

Yeah, DT's version works best for people like us running 4.0.4 across the board. If you do flash back to 4.0.2, I can't recommend rebooting enough. This is the second time I flashed this without rebooting, and it didn't work (counting the leak in Feb that is). Rebooted, reflashed the .4 package, perfect.

Im running AOKP though, not sure how that'd work

Don't worry about that; it'll flash fine. Flash his file in CWM, go to about phone to check if you have FC## under the basband.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, you can flash DT's package on top of the package I just linked to, b/c I'm nuts and have to flash everything like an addict.

callofduty4

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, DT's version works best for people like us running 4.0.4 across the board.

Don't worry about that; it'll flash fine. Flash his file in CWM, go to about phone to check if you have FC## under the basband.

So all I have to do is flash his file? and ill have the new radios?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

So all I have to do is flash his file? and ill have the new radios?

Yup. New files and new bootloader. You should be fine. If for some reason installation aborts, and you're on the 4.0.2 radios still (EK## under baseband), flash the file I uploaded in the linked thread. I do not believe that contains the new bootloader, however, while DT's does. If that's your thing, do what I did and flash DT's file on top of that.

That being said, all you need to do--or should need to do--is flash his package lol

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

btw - dmm - and anyone else with dl links for these new radios - have md5?

There are md5's for the patch files, but since theory's file is better I think dmm should have that. Right dmm?

Sometimes I skip checking md5, but on this type of file, you gotta make EXTRA sure of them md5 checksums.

Reactions: zero neck

callofduty4

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Yup. New files and new bootloader. You should be fine. If for some reason installation aborts, and you're on the 4.0.2 radios still (EK## under baseband), flash the file I uploaded in the linked thread. I do not believe that contains the new bootloader, however, while DT's does. If that's your thing, do what I did and flash DT's file on top of that.

That being said, all you need to do--or should need to do--is flash his package lol

Wait so one more time to clarify
1) Im running 4.0.4 AOKP
2) Im running the leaked 4.0.4 radios
3) It is still okay for me to flash his package
4)Saying "Flash his package" is pretty funny

So im good to go?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

There are md5's for the patch files, but since theory's file is better I think dmm should have that. Right dmm?

Sometimes I skip checking md5, but on this type of file, you gotta make EXTRA sure of them md5 checksums.

word. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED you check md5's for radios and bootlaoders. Like, always :)

That said i'm real busy but i'll try to update op with something by tonight, only dt's package or something. I dont like having people go back to 4.02 bc they might forget or not read the op :)
then they :'(

:)

i'll look for the md5 later on the hive when i'm done drinking 36 beers and reading the entire syllabus of every class ten times.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Wait so one more time to clarify
1) Im running 4.0.4 AOKP
2) Im running the leaked 4.0.4 radios
3) It is still okay for me to flash his package
4)Saying "Flash his package" is pretty funny

So im good to go?

You can flash the DRoidth3ory package dmm linked above - its the one from droidhive

Check the md5 first if dmm posts it up

:)

btw - this is the one you can "just flash" http://rombot.droidhive.com/ROMs/toro/IMM76K_RADIOS_BOOTLOADER.zip

Reactions: Cyber Warrior

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I posted an MD5 for the file I uploaded. For DT's file, let me see if I can find one on his site.

This is all I got ==> http://www.droidhive.com/forums/index.php?/files/file/53-radios-imm76k-404-official/. He didn't post an MD5. I can try pulling one with an app?

FWIW, my phone has yet to explode and it has FC##, so all's good with it lol.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

DT's file worked great. I have FC## in baseband. I am running Liquid 1.35 with the leaked 4.0.4 radios. Sitting here on my couch, I was average -96dbm. With the new radios, I am averaging -83dbm. Speedtest app also confirms that I am getting 2-3 mbps better downloads.

shanedroid1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the link to DTs radios that dmm posted. I trust dmm with my phones life but just to make sure someone remind me how to check md5s please lol thank you

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

callofduty4

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I just downloaded the link to DTs radios that dmm posted. I trust dmm with my phones life but just to make sure someone remind me how to check md5s please lol thank you

Download astro file manager and long press on the file and hit details, thats where it would say the DMM

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Download astro file manager and long press on the file and hit details, thats where it would say the DMM

Root explorer works fine too just long press the zip and hit properties.

MD5s are for sissies btw :p

Jk but I flashed it no issue.

shanedroid1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you very much can't wait to get home from work and flash them been following this thread my whole shift lol!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

updated with Official 4.04 radios (DT's get ready package) -
For new readers - it does not require you to revert to 4.02 LTE radio (it does it for you then patches the update).
Also contains the official 4.04 bootlaoder.

Happy flashing :)

Last edited:

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Meh, mine are about the same. I live in a fringe area though, I'll check tomorrow and see if there's any difference. Hand offs look good so far.

I just HAD to have the newest ones, I wasn't having any problems anyway, lol

EDIT: Wow, I don't remember posting this either. WTF

*customized tapatalk signature*

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed