[RADIOS][VZW] Galaxy Nexus Radios and Installation Guide

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Why not drop the Chatter thread from the top? It's being used as an "off topic" thread anyway. This thread should be up there. Combining some thread would might be helpful or dropping a few that are referenced in other threads.

Banned!

Jk :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Why not drop the Chatter thread from the top? It's being used as an "off topic" thread anyway. This thread should be up there. Combining some thread would might be helpful or dropping a few that are referenced in other threads.

I didn't put it there and I'm hesitant from touching stuff I don't (1) own, or (2) know why it's there. I'll take a look see when I have some time and see what can be spared and what's vital ;).

- - - Updated - - -

Done :).

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe anyone has pulled the images out of the zip and made them fastboot flashable (at least I haven't seen it). I flashed mine through recovery.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Fastbooting needs to be from your pc... the zips can be flashed in recovery, or alternatively you can pull the .img files out of the zips and fastboot them.

I haven't checked this specific zip but I know the one I have doesn't have an image for one of the radios, it's just a patch. Damned thing.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I installed the 4.1.1 radios on my VZW Galaxy Nexus using TWRP. When I reboot it says "R" above signal indicator. I am guessing this means roaming. When my phone connects to my VZW network extender it says "Network Extender" in the notification pulldown instead of "Verizon Wireless". I went back to the old radios. Any ideas?

I am using Bugless Beast - Jelly Bean and Lean Kernel.

I see the R when I am on my network extender.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I flashed latest radios and it seems my signal got worse, is that even possible. I get almost no wifi next to my wireless router where as before full signal. Lower 3 & 4g signals as I travel. Is it OK to flash the older radios so i get my signal back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bulvine420

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I would do a full wipe and install the official Verizon 4.1.1 from Google it has jb boot loader and newest radios. Fastest way is galaxy nexus tools found in these forums even has one click root and unlock.

tpinkfloyd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Just putting this out there for everyone that still has radio issues. I updated to MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2 - JOP40C AOSP I found on XDA and I have had absolutely zero problems with my radio.

garyk66

May 13, 2012
Visit site
If I'm flashing new radios in recovery mode, do I need to wipe the cache partition and Dalvik cache if I am just flashing different radios? It mentions in CyberWarrior's guide you only need to wipe these if you're only flashing themes,etc. I wasn't sure if flashing new radios required a full wipe, or any wipe for that matter.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If I'm flashing new radios in recovery mode, do I need to wipe the cache partition and Dalvik cache if I am just flashing different radios? It mentions in CyberWarrior's guide you only need to wipe these if you're only flashing themes,etc. I wasn't sure if flashing new radios required a full wipe, or any wipe for that matter.

nah you dont need to wipe anything. definitely don't do a full wipe (data) - that will erase your rom.
you can clear dalvik cache and/or cache partition - won't hurt, but also wont have any effect when flashing a radio. doesnt matter there.

garyk66

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [RADIOS] Galaxy Nexus CDMA Radio Thread

If I flash new radios using the recovery method, will I still get OTA updates? Also, the fast boot method sounds interesting, but I am concerned about wiping the phone and starting from scratch. I am only doing this because of Bluetooth quality issues since 4.0.4. I now have 4.1.1 and the problem was not corrected.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If I flash new radios using the recovery method, will I still get OTA updates? Also, the fast boot method sounds interesting, but I am concerned about wiping the phone and starting from scratch. I am only doing this because of Bluetooth quality issues since 4.0.4. I now have 4.1.1 and the problem was not corrected.

Fastbooting the radios is just another way to do (a more proper way, in fact). You won't lose any data either way.

However, the radios shouldn't have any effect on bluetooth quality, and if your radios don't match your system version than no, you probably won't be able to install an OTA, although you can always flash the old ones easily.

lovemachine35

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I hear there is new base band with android 4.2.2. Is this the case and if so when will the new radios be posted at the start of this thread?

I love all the sticky threads here like this one. Great resource. Keep up the good work.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I hear there is new base band with android 4.2.2. Is this the case and if so when will the new radios be posted at the start of this thread?

I love all the sticky threads here like this one. Great resource. Keep up the good work.

the new baseband is for the Nexus 4 to disable the hack to use LTE. As for Verizon and a baseband I'm convinced that's why we haven't recieved an update in 4 versions now.. that and they do take a few months to test things.. the radios in the Galaxy Nexus (toro) are rubbish and Verizon knows it and refuse to release an update till they fix what they seem to not be able to fix..