Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 2defmouze
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Radio Questions

Didn't want to cram up Zero Neck's Guide with a bunch of questions. I almost took the plunge today to unlock/root (still plan to) but went back to read some old threads about the 4.0.4 radios.

Cell service in our area isn't so great. 4G is at least 75 miles away; 3G & WiFi are what I rely on here. Just checked my battery stats & saw my cell standby time w/o signal since unplugging the phone 5 hrs. ago is 48%. Most times it's better, sometimes not.

Was wondering, before I root, if I should keep it simple & just try out the 4.0.4 radios first?

What's the difference between flashing just the radios vs. radios & bootloader? I've seen download links in different threads for each.

What do you think I should do?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: Radio Questions

Update the radios and bootloader. Its good practice to keep them on the same version anyway.
    zero neck and dmmarck like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Default Re: Radio Questions

Quote Originally Posted by ruh-roh-raggy View Post
    Didn't want to cram up Zero Neck's Guide with a bunch of questions. I almost took the plunge today to unlock/root (still plan to) but went back to read some old threads about the 4.0.4 radios.

Cell service in our area isn't so great. 4G is at least 75 miles away; 3G & WiFi are what I rely on here. Just checked my battery stats & saw my cell standby time w/o signal since unplugging the phone 5 hrs. ago is 48%. Most times it's better, sometimes not.

Was wondering, before I root, if I should keep it simple & just try out the 4.0.4 radios first?

What's the difference between flashing just the radios vs. radios & bootloader? I've seen download links in different threads for each.

What do you think I should do?
    Like my esteemed colleague said above, do both of them and keep them the same. I'm not sure what theory/voodoo is behind it, only that both pieces are exceptionally important and if enough of those folks say you should do it, well then, I'm probably going to do it lol
    Thanked by: