Didn't want to cram up Zero Neck's Guide with a bunch of questions. I almost took the plunge today to unlock/root (still plan to) but went back to read some old threads about the 4.0.4 radios.

Cell service in our area isn't so great. 4G is at least 75 miles away; 3G & WiFi are what I rely on here. Just checked my battery stats & saw my cell standby time w/o signal since unplugging the phone 5 hrs. ago is 48%. Most times it's better, sometimes not.

Was wondering, before I root, if I should keep it simple & just try out the 4.0.4 radios first?

What's the difference between flashing just the radios vs. radios & bootloader? I've seen download links in different threads for each.

What do you think I should do?
    04-25-2012 12:36 AM
    Update the radios and bootloader. Its good practice to keep them on the same version anyway.
    dmmarck and zero neck like this.
    04-25-2012 06:51 AM
    Didn't want to cram up Zero Neck's Guide with a bunch of questions. I almost took the plunge today to unlock/root (still plan to) but went back to read some old threads about the 4.0.4 radios.

Cell service in our area isn't so great. 4G is at least 75 miles away; 3G & WiFi are what I rely on here. Just checked my battery stats & saw my cell standby time w/o signal since unplugging the phone 5 hrs. ago is 48%. Most times it's better, sometimes not.

Was wondering, before I root, if I should keep it simple & just try out the 4.0.4 radios first?

What's the difference between flashing just the radios vs. radios & bootloader? I've seen download links in different threads for each.

What do you think I should do?
    Like my esteemed colleague said above, do both of them and keep them the same. I'm not sure what theory/voodoo is behind it, only that both pieces are exceptionally important and if enough of those folks say you should do it, well then, I'm probably going to do it lol
    2defmouze likes this.
    04-25-2012 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD