1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contact Photo Issue

Wondering if there is any way to backup the High Resolution photos chosen for contacts?

Each time i flash a new ROM, google seems to remember the photos i choose for individual contacts but dumbs them down to low res. Forcing me to manually select the original photos from my SD card all over again so they are high quality.
    I don't use facebook so haxsync (or whatever its called) doesn't apply to me.

Any Help is greatly appreciated as i'm sure i'll be loading another new Rom this weekend.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/CM10

Yeah, one of the limitations of Google Contacts. I just use Haxsync which is a Facebook contacts syncing app for ICS. Its a paid app from the Market but well worth the price. The developer continues to improve and improve the app. Its already come along way since I first purchased it months ago. It allows for hi Res photos. Check it out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Device: Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
    Rom/Kernel: AOKP/ImoseyOn Lean Kernel, CM10
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Contact Photo Issue

thanks for the reply but as i said....i'm not on facebook. so i need some other way to sync high res photos.
    that is...unless haxsync can do it without facebook...but i don't think it can.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/CM10

Sorry. Completely missed you stating that in OP. You're right, you do need a Facebook account for haxsync. You may want to try a third party contacts app such as GoContacts (I think that's what its called). Sorry, wish I could be more helpful but I just use haxsync. I would just research different contact apps on Market.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Device: Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
    Rom/Kernel: AOKP/ImoseyOn Lean Kernel, CM10
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

Be on the lookout for a new app to release soon. Its an app specially developed for this problem. I've been a beta tester for this app. Works beautifully and the developer(which will introduce himself) did a very nice job with this app from start to finish. The apps name will remain a secret for now.

Dropped from LiquidNexus1.35 via Xparent Tapatalk2
    ***GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN***
    Snitches get stitches
    Boneyard-D1,Dinc,dX,Gtab7",Tbolt,iPad1,Bionic,Xoom,iPad2,Charge,GNexus,SGS3,Razr Maxx,Nexus7...the list shall continue
    Living Dead-iPad3,GalaxyNexus,Razr MaxxHD
    Thanked by 2:
    SOTKtiramg 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Awesome. Thanks for the head's up. Would be great to have something that fixes this problem.
    ROM Abuser

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sicario666 View Post
    Be on the lookout for a new app to release soon. Its an app specially developed for this problem. I've been a beta tester for this app. Works beautifully and the developer(which will introduce himself) did a very nice job with this app from start to finish. The apps name will remain a secret for now.

Dropped from LiquidNexus1.35 via Xparent Tapatalk2
    Thanks for the plug sicario and notifying me of this thread.

tiramg, send me a private message and give me some information about yourself (and your google talk email, im a big fan of gtalk). A release of my app, that sicario was talking about, is on the horizon. Might get you in on a beta test just like I have sicario doing for me.

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    ROM
    changes all the time

unfortunately it is a limitation with google contacts. i would LOVE to have HQ pics, but when the sync happens, they go to crap.

cannot wait for this new app, i would love a simple and straigh up HQ google contact sync without having to go through facebook or G+ or something.
    You know your rooted when bootloops don't scare you anymore.