Franco's Kernel APP

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
OK so I changed the governor to ondemand what are some battery saving tips I'm new to flashing kernals

With the app, scroll over to the settings tab and enable Hot Plug and Disable Logger. Those 2 will help with battery more, more so the former. Hot Plug will deactivate 1 of the CPU cores while the screen is off therefore conserving energy.

Governors your not going to see a HUGE impact, I say huge because you will see some depending on what you pick. Personally I have mine set to run 192-1344 interactive with hot plug, slight undervolt and custom screen brightness settings and I saw 1d 3h and 45m on battery life with 1h 45m screen on time. If you want maximum battery life, go with conservative or lazy governors but if you start to see a little lag (which you probably wont) go with interactive or ondemand.

alphamayo

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I tried Franco's app and really the battery life increase over stock is amazing. Specially the deep sleep saves battery while phone is off.

But I do not see the option of hotplug in the app on my Galaxy nexus. Is something wrong ? I would love that option, when i switch to power saver mode I see cpu 1 as offline, but there is no hotplug option.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried Franco's app and really the battery life increase over stock is amazing. Specially the deep sleep saves battery while phone is off.

But I do not see the option of hotplug in the app on my Galaxy nexus. Is something wrong ? I would love that option, when i switch to power saver mode I see cpu 1 as offline, but there is no hotplug option.

I haven't kept up with the change log for the Hot Plug, but I thought it was either (1) disabled, generally, or (2) made into its own governor?

Either that or he said interactivex does it anyway?

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I cant seem to figure out why my color multipliers arent sticking on boot. im on r174 and the newest updater app 4.9. Anyone have any Ideas?

Also I am on AOKP M5

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Flashing the latest nightly (189) has native wifi tethering working (for some)!

424a12e2-a1c1-5d6f.jpg

Sent from my GneX via Tapatalk

Reactions: dmmarck

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I like 189's performance, but it still doesn't compare to 181 in the battery life department. Deep sleep is about 10% lower on 189.

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
if i have the app does it update the milstones on its own?

IIRC, there isn't a way to have updates automatically pushed to your device. However, updating nightlies and milestones is simple. You open the app, and hit "download" latest nightly or stable kernel. It even gives you the option to auto-flash, which does all the work for you. :)

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
IIRC, it is different CPU speeds, settings, and configurations for the specific "scenario" he lists. Power Mode, for example, is probably over-clocked and set with a governor to allow maximum speed without care for battery. Power Saver might only run one core and have a very conservative governor to ensure maximum battery life.

Can any one clarify?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please explain the Franco Power Modes to me?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Use Power Save when your at work

Balanced is when your out an about..

Full Power!!!!! ******GAMING*******

Music. Your chilling in bed and Spotify is playing

None. You haven't noticed Franco Power Modes yet

Sent from my GneX via Tapatalk

Reactions: mraviator

mraviator

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Balanced setting for the day and have seen a difference in battery performance..nice!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol