Franco's Kernel APP

watchtheflames

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So I got this app and have it set to conservative. Went to test it last night and went to bed with 84% and woke up with 51%. Any idea what could be causing this? I had auto sync turned off and screen set to min brightness. Is Juice defender a good app?

ajgorr

May 5, 2012
Visit site
So I got this app and have it set to conservative. Went to test it last night and went to bed with 84% and woke up with 51%. Any idea what could be causing this? I had auto sync turned off and screen set to min brightness. Is Juice defender a good app?

Download CPU spy app, it will tell you what are frequencies used by your phone most. When screen is off, it should be in 'Deep Sleep'. Also, there is an app called 'Better Battery Stats' that is able to tell you what applications are causing your kernel wakelocks mostly, and therefore draining your battery.

Hope this helps!

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

I believe it depends on what governor your on, by default its interactive, you want to be on Ondemand or less for deep sleep to take effect, CPU Spy (like above) is a good app to monitor that.

Sent from my GneX via Tapatalk

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
GPU over clock speeds. Just use 384...That's what I use, I see no reason to push it, especially if you want stability. Some phones can't even boot with the higher one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

How do you overclock the GPU?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm on interactive and it shows its going to deep sleep

Not sure if you fixed the problem but I saw this just now and thought I would throw in my 2 cents. I had the same issue as you did when I was running Milestone 3 on Liquid 1.35. Had anywhere between a 15-20% battery drain overnight (6-8 hours). I just recently flashed to Nightly 156 running 192 - 1334, hotplug and interactive gov settings with slight undervolt now and I only dropped 5% last night while sleeping.

If you are having issue continually try the 156 kernel, testing battery today for full battery life with those settings to see how I will fare.

Reactions: zero neck

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if you fixed the problem but I saw this just now and thought I would throw in my 2 cents. I had the same issue as you did when I was running Milestone 3 on Liquid 1.35. Had anywhere between a 15-20% battery drain overnight (6-8 hours). I just recently flashed to Nightly 156 running 192 - 1334, hotplug and interactive gov settings with slight undervolt now and I only dropped 5% last night while sleeping.

If you are having issue continually try the 156 kernel, testing battery today for full battery life with those settings to see how I will fare.

If you needed your phone ON over night I can see this being exceptable but if you didn't and just use it as your alarm in the morning then try AIRPLANE mode at night, this should yield you a 2% drain instead. I'm hoping this is the case, bare in mind I'm only 3 days into my Gnex, and luving it, but in my DX days, I said DX days..LOL, this is what helped. (keeping it plugged in maybe)?

watchtheflames

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
If you needed your phone ON over night I can see this being exceptable but if you didn't and just use it as your alarm in the morning then try AIRPLANE mode at night, this should yield you a 2% drain instead. I'm hoping this is the case, bare in mind I'm only 3 days into my Gnex, and luving it, but in my DX days, I said DX days..LOL, this is what helped. (keeping it plugged in maybe)?

Going to try some different things tonight and I did buy the better battery stats app and got CPU spy so hopefully those will tell me all I need to know. Might try the latest nightly as well in the next couple of days. I have always had all three GPS settings turned on, and I now have them turned off. I figure if I need them I can turn them on, and I believe apps that need them ask you to turn them on anyway.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Quick ? Do new roms replace the kernel and would you have to reflash it each time?
I am on AOKP but if I went to BB, would the kernel have to be reflashed.
Still haven't pulled the trigger lol.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Playing with the nightlys now and found that there's two to chose from, 384mhz and 512mhzGPU. I'm assuming that the 384 is great for battery life and that the 512 for performance, both being the minimum clock frequency. Correct?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Playing with the nightlys now and found that there's two to chose from, 384mhz and 512mhzGPU. I'm assuming that the 384 is great for battery life and that the 512 for performance, both being the minimum clock frequency. Correct?

yes. 384 is stable. 512 doesnt work on all devices.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I also have read on several forums that 512 doesn't work on all phones and it seems to be working fine on mine. I'm gonna test this for a while and report back my findings.