4.0.4 question?!?!

buix893

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey, just rooted and unlocked my phone. I just installed the IMM30b rom but was wondering if the IMM76k from was any better?.. if so how would I go about installing it over the IMM30b from?

Last edited:

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey, just rooted and unlocked my phone. I just installed the IMM30b rom but was wondering if the IMM76k from was any better?.. if so how would I go about installing it over the IMM30b from?

Ah man you got the hard part done. (unlocking, rooting) IMO just skip over them stock stuff.
Do a custom rom like aokp or liquid or one of the theory roms. They blow the stock roms out of the water. :)

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
i have used the liquidsmooth rom for the past week and it is pretty nice. They have v1.35 now and is available over at xda-developer.com.

put the rom on the root of your sdcard,
open rom manager
click flash cwm
then reboot into recovery

** you should connect to wifi, it does its thing faster **
*** if rom manager crash, close it down and try again ***

Once in recovery, wipe user data, partition data, davlik cache
choose install from zip
find the zip file and install it

***** If by chance you get the wording that the back button has disabled, scroll up pass the first option 3 times and it should reenable ***** I have had this problem so many times and end up rebooting which caused me to do everything all over again.

GL

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Make a backup first. Cyber warriors sticky in the root forum here will give you detailed, step by step directions.

buix893

May 8, 2012
Visit site
an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands...this what I get when trying to flash under galaxy Verizon option on rom manager??

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
i have used the liquidsmooth rom for the past week and it is pretty nice. They have v1.35 now and is available over at xda-developer.com.

put the rom on the root of your sdcard,
open rom manager
click flash cwm
then reboot into recovery

** you should connect to wifi, it does its thing faster **
*** if rom manager crash, close it down and try again ***

Once in recovery, wipe user data, partition data, davlik cache
choose install from zip
find the zip file and install it

***** If by chance you get the wording that the back button has disabled, scroll up pass the first option 3 times and it should reenable ***** I have had this problem so many times and end up rebooting which caused me to do everything all over again.

GL

What do you mean it does it's thing faster on wifi?
When you're in recovery there is no internet connectivity.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

GL

You need to install the touch recovery either through rom manager (2 bucks) or through fastboot (free). That will cure all the jerky scrolling and disabled button nonsense.

This post courtesy of Tapatalk2

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
So if I root again in theory it should not give me error messages to flash?

yeah. you can check to see if you have root access before you reroot - try using a different root enabled app (such as titanium backup). if it doesnt work you have lost root.

to get root back, you can use wugs toolkit, or manually reroot (i believe you need this updated super user app zip - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25213603/su-latest-404.zip).

or, if you're familiar with fastboot, you can download the latest recovery as well as the rom you wish to flash. place the rom you want to flash on your sd card + the latest gapps (google apps package - available with the rom download in a seperate zip). then place the recovery file in the same folder as your fastboot.exe

enable usb debugging, connect the phone via usb, and reboot to fastboot mode on the phone. open the terminal/command prompt on your cpu, navigate to the folder that contains fastboot.exe (cd c:/[whatever that folder is called]).

then
Code:
fastboot boot recovery [nameofrecovery].img
from there, recovery will boot on your phone and you will be able to 1. make a nandroid backup in recovery mode in case something goes wrong, 2. wipe data, cache and dalvik cache, 3. install rom.zip from sd card, 4. install gapps.zip from sd card, 5. reboot system now.

buix893

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, rooted again and flashed the IMM76k rom and it works nice. Now I was looking at the liquid 3.5 rom and was wondering if that is a better rom then the IMM76k release? I read it is faster and has much more tuning features. What ya guys think I should do?....:)