Slim (or No) Navigation Bar for CM9

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to share this with you all. There was a mod for stock ROMs on XDA and Rootzwiki that slimmed down the navigation bar to increase screen real estate. So I decided to modify the CM9 framework to get the same effect. This will reduce the navigation bar to 25 dip in both portrait and landscape.

eoBWW.jpg

This was tested only on the 5/9 CM9 nightly Toro build. I have not tested on other ROMs or other CM9 variants. So flash with caution, and as always, make a backup before flashing!

I also included a "no nav bar" mod which reduces the navigation bar height to 0.0 dip for those wanting the full screen experience. Why do it that way? Because this will keep the ICS action bar overflow menu displayed on most apps (that don't use the legacy menu button). Some other full screen mods will simply disable the navigation bar, which prompts ICS to hide the action bar overflow menu as well since it thinks the phone has dedicated buttons. Be warned, this will completely hide your navigation bar. This is best used with LMT launcher or GestureControl to navigate your phone.

1) Download .zip to your phone
2) Reboot into CWM Recovery
3) Flash zip
4) Reboot and enjoy!

I also included the CM9 stock framework if you wish to revert back.

Credit goes to manigma77 at Rootzwiki for the instruction on what to modify in framework to get this done!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary