Google Wallet 1.1-R67-v4 (June 6th update)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Figured it's worth making a thread here too since some of us never venture into the General section, lol..

Google Wallet 1.1-R63-v12 (May 16th update)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47300967/com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel-2.apk
Google Wallet 1.1-R67-v4 (June 6th update)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47300967/google-wallet-1.1-r67-v4.apk

WARNING: If you need to either uninstall wallet to install an updated version OR you are doing a full wipe and flashing a new ROM:
--Make sure you first go into Wallet (assuming it's activated) and hit Menu, Settings, Reset Wallet. Make sure it completes, then exit wallet and do what you had to do.

Not doing this can lead to borking your secure element which means you're screwed!

For best results: If already installed, do not update. Go to your Wallet app info (Settings > Apps > Wallet), Clear data and cache, then hit Uninstall. Then install fresh from this apk, let it initialize and get set up.

Remember to NEVER restore Wallet or data to it, rooted/ROM users. It must be installed fresh and be allowed to initialize your device or you will be borked.

I am not responsible for anything you do.

Have a nice day!
:)

EDIT: Changelog:
What's in this version:
* Support for HTC Evo
* Improved address handling in Prepaid topup
June 6th:
* Support for new device form factors
* Prepaid topup improvements

If your old version still works then you don't HAVE to update it... in the past, its been the case where older versions have stopped working so keeping it up to date became a good idea, lol.

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Wallet 1.1-R63-v12 (May 16th update)

I'm getting an "Application not installed" error - any idea what to do?

Are you on stock 4.0.2? Sounds like for some reason this new version is not installing for anyone who is on that.. no idea why. The previous version works fine for them and from what I hear still works, as in update isn't a necessity at this point. So you can use that if you need:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47300967/google.wallet-1.1r57v5.apk

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm still getting the error message

"Unsupported Device Policy"

Some users may disable important security mechanisms in order to gain system-level "root" access to their phone. We strongly discourage you from doing so if you plan to use Google Wallet. We are unable to support devices with unauthorized operating systems as the security layers of the device may be limited."

Is there any work around for this? Using AOKP.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm still getting the error message

"Unsupported Device Policy"

Some users may disable important security mechanisms in order to gain system-level "root" access to their phone. We strongly discourage you from doing so if you plan to use Google Wallet. We are unable to support devices with unauthorized operating systems as the security layers of the device may be limited."

Is there any work around for this? Using AOKP.

IT DOES NOT MATTER. ITS JUST A WARNING. IGNORE IT.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
IT DOES NOT MATTER. ITS JUST A WARNING. IGNORE IT.

Thanks..

Hmm.. OK.. I tried using it before around June 8th (before I got the updated APK) and didn't work at a 711.. Wonder if I was doing it wrong? I had the NFC on and even took off my case.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks..

Hmm.. OK.. I tried using it before around June 8th (before I got the updated APK) and didn't work at a 711.. Wonder if I was doing it wrong? I had the NFC on and even took off my case.

Best way is launch wallet and unlock it right before you get to the register, then just touch the back of your phone to the pay pass thingy (make sure the thingy is ON anyway, green light on top on most of them should be on). That should do it.

Sorry for "yelling" before btw.. I've just answered that question too many times, lol.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for this bro! I hope the peeps here appreciate this as much as I do, a huge look out on your part and thank you for the updates!

Sent from my GneX via Tapatalk

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Installed this version on my VZ Gnex and was given the unauthorized message. Any work around to that.

Looked into this and only if your ROOTED is when this message will pop up, its a disclaimer from Google Wallet saying they are not responsible for security on a rooted device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad