Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5

Default Nightly's question

So I've been flashing CM9 Nightly's for a week now. I was wondering if there's a way to keep everything like i have it before i flash another CM9 Nightly? So i don't have to set my whole phone up again. You know like the Widgets, App shortcuts and ETC.
    Had to ask this question^^ Because if there's been an easier way I'll go nuts lmao..
    Om Nom Nom Nom

Default Re: Nightly's question

When you flash nightlies, you don't normally have to do a data wipe. If you just wipe the Dalvik cache, and do a backup, you are good to go. It's when you wipe the data that you have to start all over again.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5

Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman View Post
    When you flash nightlies, you don't normally have to do a data wipe. If you just wipe the Dalvik cache, and do a backup, you are good to go. It's when you wipe the data that you have to start all over again.
    Thank you Captain
    Om Nom Nom Nom

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

At the very least wipe cache AND dalvik cache AND format /system (under mounts & storage.. No, this will not erase your data either). For nightlies that will usually be alright. If you run into issues at any point, especially ones not being reported elsewhere, assume you need to do a full wipe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP M5

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    At the very least wipe cache AND dalvik cache AND format /system (under mounts & storage.. No, this will not erase your data either). For nightlies that will usually be alright. If you run into issues at any point, especially ones not being reported elsewhere, assume you need to do a full wipe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Exactly what i did 8) Thank you
    Om Nom Nom Nom