Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ParanoidAndroid ROM for VZW G-Nex

Anyone running ParanoidAndroid on G-Nex? Trying to flash this ROM bit can't find step by step instructions. New to ROMs and don't want to screw up my phone. Any help very appreciated!!!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: ParanoidAndroid ROM for VZW G-Nex

Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Like I said.....new to this so this may be a dumb question. Am I supposed to install ROM then wipe data/cache? That doesn't make sense to me. I was expecting step 1.....then step 2..... and so on. I'm just gonna try to install and go from there. Thanks for the help!

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by mikekrafick View Post
    Like I said.....new to this so this may be a dumb question. Am I supposed to install ROM then wipe data/cache? That doesn't make sense to me. I was expecting step 1.....then step 2..... and so on. I'm just gonna try to install and go from there. Thanks for the help!

Again, just read the instructions as listed... it says wipe data, then flash rom, fix, and gapps, then wipe cache and dalvik cache, then reboot. Nowhere does it say to wipe data after flashing, lol.

Just wanna add that if you are new at this I would recommend a ROM like AOKP or Liquid to start off with. Para is still in beta testing I believe and there will be bugs and what not. AOKP is usually solid a good start for newbies.

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    Synergy

Quote Originally Posted by creccaj1 View Post
    Just wanna add that if you are new at this I would recommend a ROM like AOKP or Liquid to start off with. Para is still in beta testing I believe and there will be bugs and what not. AOKP is usually solid a good start for newbies.
    Agreed.

Paranoid is a great ROM, but there is A LOT of tweaking to do once you get it loaded to get apps and things to render properly. Definitely flash AOKP or Liquid for your first