Did 4.0.4 break Bluetooth?

ScooberJake

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I realize that answer is probably "no", but I've tried two 4.0.4 ROMs so far (Liquid and AOKP) and neither one will show my car Bluetooth when searching for devices. I know the car is still working, my wife's iPhone connects to it like clockwork. When I ran Codename (4.0.3-based) the phone would connect to the car, though not consistently. But it would always show the car when searching for other Bluetooth devices.

I don't even know what I might try to text/fix my bluetooth problem. Any ideas?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
By chance do you drive a Toyota? Ford? There are numerous reports of BT Audio problems since 4.0.4 was released. I am still running CM9 nightly from 3/18 precisely because of it. I have a Toyota in car system that stopped working when 4.0.4 base started being used in CM. Mine will still pair and function for phone use, and in fact still shows the icon for audio hookup, but it doesn't work.

If you have a Ford system, I have seen that the newest nightlies for CM apparently have it working again (June).

But there are scattered reports of BT issues for many devices. I pay attention to them since it is an issue affecting me, at least until tomorrow when my car dock arrives, at which point I will no longer have a problem.

ScooberJake

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I drive a Mazda. My system doesn't do Bluetooth audio, just phone.

I guess my options are to try the CM nightly or just wait for AOKP to find the bug and fix it?

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I drive a Mazda. My system doesn't do Bluetooth audio, just phone.

I guess my options are to try the CM nightly or just wait for AOKP to find the bug and fix it?

If your system allows the pairing to start reversed, meaning you have the stereo search and put your phone into broadcast, I have read where some people get that to work where the normal method does not.

I would make sure to DELETE the pairing that might already exist in your car system so you are for certain starting fresh. A new ROM will need the pairing to be re-established, but the actual ID of your phone doesn't really change... that might be confusing your car. Delete the pairing from the menu and start over?

Reactions: kca2000

ScooberJake

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
If your system allows the pairing to start reversed, meaning you have the stereo search and put your phone into broadcast, I have read where some people get that to work where the normal method does not.

I would make sure to DELETE the pairing that might already exist in your car system so you are for certain starting fresh. A new ROM will need the pairing to be re-established, but the actual ID of your phone doesn't really change... that might be confusing your car. Delete the pairing from the menu and start over?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give those a try.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
A new ROM will need the pairing to be re-established, but the actual ID of your phone doesn't really change... that might be confusing your car. Delete the pairing from the menu and start over?

This is your problem if you never tried to "re-pair" to the car. Every time you flash a rom Google will restore your Bluetooth settings but they won't work with the devices anymore. Only way to fix with no issues is to erase and entries under the Bluetooth menu and pair it to the car like you did the first time. I've had to do this so many times, I usually catch myself setting it up at a stoplight because I forgot to reset.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
my BT seems to work alright with phone calls after the 4.04 update, however other apps are hit and miss, sometimes they work as they were working before, sometimes they don't.

for reference, I have a mercury (ford sync) and it is working after 4.04 for phone calls, however, for some reason on the nexus, when I get texts, or other messages, I don't get the notification through my car audio like I did with my motorola phone.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
In recent comments on the CM nightly thread on XDA, there is a Ford Sync guy that says things are working suddenly for him again as of a few days ago. CM has been on 4.0.4 for quite some time, and that guy had trouble before that where a reboot would resolve temporarily.

Not saying you should go flashing a ROM, just saying that there is light at the end of the tunnel. and that you MIGHT be able to solve it sooner with a ROM flash ;).

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance