[ROM][TORO] Paranoid Android [JellyBean][V 1.6][PreAlpha]

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

THIS ROM, IN ITS PRE ALPHA STATE, IS NOT FOR INEXPERIENCED ROM FLASHERS, AND SHOULD BE APPROACHED WITH SOME MODICUM OF CAUTION. THAT SAID, JUMP IN AT YOUR OWN RISK AND UNDERSTAND THAT IT WILL TAKE SERIOUS TIME TO GET THIS ROM SET UP THE WAY YOU WANT, AND EVEN THEN IT MAY NOT WORK PROPERLY. :)

[ROM] PARANOIDANDROID [JELLYBEAN] [20120712 1.6b: JB+TRUE HYBRID, ONE OF A KIND] - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

btw, i take NO credit for this rom whatsoever, i had nothing to do with making it, i am only bringing the link here to keep paranoid android discussion consolidated and organized. :)

* * * * * please visit the dev-team's website and thank them or donate if you like their work * * * * *
ParanoidAndroid – The best of both worlds ? PARANOIDANDROID ROM

Current Version: 1.6 - Jelly Bean Prealpha Preview

Last edited:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Link][TORO] Paranoid Android [CM9HYBRID][Version 1.2]

yeah man no problem. i flashed this yesterday and it's pretty rad. still getting used to keeping everything organized and setting each app up the way i want ...

there's alot going on in this rom, and we had a few threads aboout specific attributes of it here and there. so .

anyway.

it's a cool rom. i highly recommend it if you're looking for a change.

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
yeah man no problem. i flashed this yesterday and it's pretty rad. still getting used to keeping everything organized and setting each app up the way i want ...

there's alot going on in this rom, and we had a few threads aboout specific attributes of it here and there. so .

anyway.

it's a cool rom. i highly recommend it if you're looking for a change.

Yeah I just flashed the axiom black adv7 build this morning so maybe I can hold off until tonight to try this

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I flashed this a couple of weeks ago, and while impressed, it would have taken me a while to really get used to it. The popupnotifications are badass, I like the general layout, but going through each app (or at least app that I used) to make sure that everything was setup nicely was a massive pain. I gave it a day and I suggest anyone who seriously wants to try it to give it more; perhaps 3 days at the least.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I flashed this a couple of weeks ago, and while impressed, it would have taken me a while to really get used to it. The popupnotifications are badass, I like the general layout, but going through each app (or at least app that I used) to make sure that everything was setup nicely was a massive pain. I gave it a day and I suggest anyone who seriously wants to try it to give it more; perhaps 3 days at the least.

I hear that. Its not really for crack flashing, it takes a while to get everything the way you want it.
And once you've gone that distance, ... just to flash new aokp or Whatever.

That said, its pretty intense with the features so if you have the time to get it all set up, maybe you could speed up the process a bit or just dirty flash future versions.

But I agree 100 %

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yeah kinda looks like it would take a little more time to set it up .ha At least to me !

I ask a question over at RW about something and in addition to them answering my question ,, and was told 1.3 would be out soon.:)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Link][TORO] Paranoid Android [CM9HYBRID][V 1.3]

Version 1.3 is available.
Changes:
pa-toroplus-1.3a-15JUN2012-190613
Navigationbuttons in phone mode are fixed
Default CM tuna kernel
Settings panel had a bug, you couldnt set android.dpi, decriptions sucked, too
Speed improvements, all launchers are buttersmooth now
Force option for widget scaling works again

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][LINK][TORO] Paranoid Android [CM9HYBRID][V 1.4]

What is the actual point of this rom? More security? If so how? Thanks

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

It's a "hybrid" between tablet user interface and phone interface. It turns the Nexus into a veritable "phablet."

Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][LINK][TORO] Paranoid Android [CM9HYBRID][V 1.3]

Any significant changes?

havent flashed it and havent seen the changelog yet either actually.

im back on aokp but i'll give this a try or the next one in a day or two.

about this rom - nothing extra secure about it or anything. it's main feature is basically app by app choice of tablet mode or phone mode.

is it a phone or a tablet? btw i prefer, Tablone. ;)

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Sounds almost like once you get everything set up you wouldn't want to change back to anything else

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus by way of Tapatalk

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Sounds almost like once you get everything set up you wouldn't want to change back to anything else

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus by way of Tapatalk

Yeah, at the very least its somewhat more involved than, say, aokp.

But its pretty awesome what you can do with it.

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

I've been really tempted by this ROM, mostly for the idea of allowing the "tablet" mode to be used for some apps. I saw the demonstration of Netflix, and the tablet version is wildly better.

Decisions, decisions...

Reactions: sicario666

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Just flashed this last night and loving it. One question. How can I get the menu button in the navigation bar?

Oh yeah...the lockscreen too. I'll post a screenshot of what mine looks like. The dpi looks fuct

Screenshot_2012-06-20-07-35-40.png

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon