[GUIDE][8/1] Jelly Bean Now! Resources & Discussion

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [GUIDE][6/28] Jelly Bean Now! Resources & Discussion

I'm unfamiliar with AXI0M, will this ROM have extra features (like notification bar power toggles, etc.)? Or is this just another "stock" variant?

Presumably? Yes.

However, until DT debuts it we won't know for sure. I'm on the hunt for other custom roms, so if anyone knows of any, let me know and they will be added :).

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Do launchers like Nova work on JB? I want to make sure I can restore all my home screens.

geekymike

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site

im stuck in a boot loop after installing vicious v1 any help? tried getting to fast boot and it wont load

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Nova not sure haven't tried. Apex does not currently work... will give you force closes.

I'm not personally on JB yet, but I've read several posts on various forums that say Nova does in fact work, but as noted, Apex does not. Again, this is all second (or third) hand, so take it for what its worth......which ain't much ;)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
10-15 min pulled battery 10-15 pulled battery again

Get into bootloader after a batt pull by holding both volumes and power until you see the bootloader screen. Scroll to recovery with volume down and hit power.

In recovery make sure you do a full wipe... Wipe data/factory reset, format /system. Then flash the ROM again (and the SU if necessary) and reboot. Give it 10 mins maybe for initial boot, and at welcome screen wait at least a full minute before touching anything. Report back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Get into bootloader after a batt pull by holding both volumes and power until you see the bootloader screen. Scroll to recovery with volume down and hit power.

In recovery make sure you do a full wipe... Wipe data/factory reset, format /system. Then flash the ROM again (and the SU if necessary) and reboot. Give it 10 mins maybe for initial boot, and at welcome screen wait at least a full minute before touching anything. Report back.

Wise words.

If you're on V1, be absolutely certain you flash that SU package!

Also, make sure you have a nandroid ready.

And finally, I added another kernel--popcorn kernel.

Reactions: geekymike

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

cant get into bootloader which is terrifying me lol

Pull the battery. Wait a minute. Put the battery back in.

Hold down all of the volume buttons + the power button.

Anything? Hold it down until you feel the vibration.

Reactions: geekymike

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

finally got into bootloader...see if i can fix from here...much thanks

No problem--remember, wipe EVERYTHING.

It may behoove you to restore a backup, download the latest version of the port, then try this dangerous tango with that :).

Also, an update from DT.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Nova does indeed work. Running it right now with no problems.

Yeah I'm am to, guess I should have posted that screen shot in this thread instead of batcave thread ha
Btw Swype beta is working flawlessly

Last edited:

Lakhota

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I realize this isnt exactly an official build and more of a "preview", but "project butter" didn't do much for me except remove the lagginess from live wallpapers. I actually found the app switcher to be slower. Hope with an official build its better. The new Voice feature is great though.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I realize this isnt exactly an official build and more of a "preview", but "project butter" didn't do much for me except remove the lagginess from live wallpapers. I actually found the app switcher to be slower. Hope with an official build its better. The new Voice feature is great though.

Interesting. I noticed significant speed increases, but each device is different ;).