Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fire125k
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Help can't mount sd card!!!

I was going to install new Rom and did a wipe when I went to install from SD card I get Can't mount /sdcard If I go to mount sdcard I get Error mounting /sdcard!!!! WHAT CAN I DO!!!!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Re: Help can't mount sd card!!!

ok I'm back up and running... If anyone ever runs into that problem search for Galaxy Nexus Toolkit v7.0 I was able to flash stock from the fastboot then reinstall CWM then flash the new Rom. It was very easy!!! Only down fall is I lost everything on the internal SD
    dmmarck likes this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by fire125k View Post
    ok I'm back up and running... If anyone ever runs into that problem search for Galaxy Nexus Toolkit v7.0 I was able to flash stock from the fastboot then reinstall CWM then flash the new Rom. It was very easy!!! Only down fall is I lost everything on the internal SD
    It happens. Good to see you're ok now though!
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Do me a favor--elaborate on how you got around this.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1 JB

I didnt think Gnex has an SD card. Its all internal memory, no?
    Current Set up: Black S3 on BoneStock v3.4
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

My apologies about this being a third post in a row, but I'd like to offer some information for those who stumble across this thread.

I had this exact issue happen during TiBu restore after I flashed a rom. TiBu froze up and rebooted the phone into oblivion. I manually rebooted into recovery and nothing would mount; no roms would install; and unfortunately, no backups would restore.

To solve the issue, I Googled a bit and saw two frames of logic--you need to flash the stock recovery again because this "remounts" and "rereads" everything, OR you need to go back to stock. I chose the latter.

Using Ubuntu 12.04, restoring the factory images was a piece of cake. I pushed CWM Touch (in part because I believed my prior recovery, TWRP, was not a bit too blame for things, fairly or unfairly), reset everything and here I am again, rooted with Jelly Bean.

So if you stumble across this thread, PLEASE be careful and get back to stock. It works, I can 100% guarantee it .