Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there someone I can pay to root and jb my nexus?

Is there anyone who does this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    mikemeek likes this.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Then you pay more when you want to go back? If you have to troubleshoot at some point?

All this stuff is very, very easy. Read the guides, twice, three times. All of them. Think it through. Use your head. Then ask questions if you're unclear. Nobody minds helping you out but we look down on people not willing to try and learn from all the resources available.

Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Default Re: Is there someone I can pay to root and jb my nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Then you pay more when you want to go back? If you have to troubleshoot at some point?

All this stuff is very, very easy. Read the guides, twice, three times. All of them. Think it through. Use your head. Then ask questions if you're unclear. Nobody minds helping you out but we look down on people not willing to try and learn from all the resources available.

This. Read and try it. If you fall, there are ways to pick you up .

ROM
    stock/rooted

+1 on both comments above.

Using various guides and google I have been able to compile ICS from source and build my own ROM for my gnex. It wasn't that difficult, just take your time and double check your work.
    The internet picked my license plate.

this post right here, [Guide] How To Backup, Restore & Install ROMs on The Galaxy Nexus, is your best friend.

You need to learn how to do it yourself. The version of Jelly Bean that is out right now isn't even an official release yet -- not for anyone. It's only a developer preview, which means it's still buggy. What are you going to do when the official version is made open source?
    davidnc and dmmarck like this.

Check out the wugz root kit. Easiest thing I have ever done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    creeeeg, wickets and dmmarck like this.

ROM
    JB3.5/Linaro Stock

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1117 View Post
    Check out the wugz root kit. Easiest thing I have ever done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Link to Wug's Guide for the lazy .
    Thanked by:

give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime.
    Thanked by:
    jms67 and zulu308 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cveez11 View Post
    give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime.
    +1 for idioms...
    +1 for Confucius?

i rather pay.... need help:

I wasted way to much time today. I'll give $20 bucks, paypal to someone that will call me and walk me through installing jellybean.

I already rooted. I bought rom manager. I seem to be having a problem installing ClockworkMod recovery on my phone and getting a strange permissions error with rom manager.

If you can help me but spending, hopefully no more then 20 minutes on the phone with me, I'd appreciate it! Google voice me at or email me and I'll respond with my phone number.

Please, no need to tell me what I'm doing wrong in this thread, I'd rather be walked through step by step and get this working and stop wasting my time....

Thanks!
    wickets likes this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by danielkogan View Post
    i rather pay.... need help:

I wasted way to much time today. I'll give $20 bucks, paypal to someone that will call me and walk me through installing jellybean.

I already rooted. I bought rom manager. I seem to be having a problem installing ClockworkMod recovery on my phone and getting a strange permissions error with rom manager.

If you can help me but spending, hopefully no more then 20 minutes on the phone with me, I'd appreciate it! Google voice me at or email me and I'll respond with my phone number.

Please, no need to tell me what I'm doing wrong in this thread, I'd rather be walked through step by step and get this working and stop wasting my time....

Thanks!
    I'll do it for free. Hang on I'm signing in now.

Sent from Oliver, Destroyer of Worlds & Connoisseur of Bean-Shaped Confections
    toll, davidnc, lpt2569 and 3 others like this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

I sent you a chat invite.
    Last edited by dmmarck; 07-01-2012 at 12:08 PM.

That would be awesome. Thanks bro.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

That would be awesome. Thanks bro.
    Yup, just let me know. You have my email.

dmmarck , YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Thank you very much for your time and effort in helping me. I finally got it! Awesome, I'm super stoked!

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    ROM
    liquidsmooth

There is a guy at my brother in laws work that does this for 50 bucks now that you know how to do it you can make some money.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by alucard9114 View Post
    There is a guy at my brother in laws work that does this for 50 bucks now that you know how to do it you can make some money.

He helps people unlock and root Nexus phones and charges them..? $50..? Next time you see this person can you kick him in the crotch and spit on his neck for me, please?

Or refer his clientele to here, where they can receive assistance for nothing. The community here exists because we like this stuff and get satisfaction in helping others enjoy it. That's all.

svfd757 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard9114 View Post

With that kind of rate, I hope he's providing lifetime tech support.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

dmmarck , YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Thank you very much for your time and effort in helping me. I finally got it! Awesome, I'm super stoked!
    Good!

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

There is someone on craiglist in my area that offers to root phones for $25 or so.. Not too bad of rate.. It's so much more fun doing it yourself. You understand what rooting really means, and have a better concept of the android system in general.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

I understand it is a "skill", but charging goes against the whole open source spirit in a big way imo.

davidnc likes this.

Global Posts
    6,682 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

There is a person in this area that want to charge people 50 dollars to .Which is total BS I think as others mentioned above.That person needs to be "beat down" on for taking advantage of others.
    dmmarck likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Just unlocked and rooted my first phone ever and is on jb all thanks to dmmarck. The most help I have ever gotten from any forum member. Received better service than most tech support I have experienced! I thanks a million dylan!

dmmarck likes this.

I have never bricked my phones. On a major noob and feel fine trying anything with android phones. The Android community is one of the beat out. They will help you if you run in to issue of any kind. Wigs tool kit is the way to go( great for noons like us) Another thing is you need to get some idea on what to do if issues come up. I thought I was just going to root just for hotspot but I found that I love to change themes on my phone almost every week. Its great cause you can make the phone UI like any phone out even icrap (iPhone) There is so much to do its crazy. The support for this phone is big. Once you root you will never go back.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast