When installing Jelly Bean get storage/sdcard0 what am I doing wr

booyackasha

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
When flashing this rom I get two sdcard folders. The usual /sdcard and /storage/sdcard0. I still have everything in the sdcard folder but its home root folder is the storage/sdcard0. Did I do something wrong?:( Has this happened to anyone else? Sorry for the confusing explanation, I tried explaining it as best as I could. Btw I installed the vicious rom of jelly bean.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: When installing Jelly Bean get storage/sdcard0 what am I doin

Seen it mentioned....... Before you screw with these ROMs backup everything from your sd you may need, and get an idea of how to fastboot factory images because I have a feeling we're all going to need to at some point or another, lol. For now don't stress that, if its working alright just backup your stuff and be cautious.

Reactions: dmmarck

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter. It's technically the same directory. I don't know why JB creates this, but it's inconsequential. Both /sdcard and /storage/sdcard0 are the same. If it bothers you, just set your home directory to /sdcard.
a6fbc00a-3d55-930c.jpg

a6fbc00a-3d7c-44af.jpg

a6fbc00a-3db3-af5f.jpg

Jellybeanin' on tapatalk

booyackasha

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Well what's interesting is that the gallery doesn't recognize any of my pictures and when I connect it to my laptop I can see the phone but no folders show up... :/ I know this sdcard0 is causing the problems or at least I think so.. any suggestions or solutions?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Well what's interesting is that the gallery doesn't recognize any of my pictures and when I connect it to my laptop I can see the phone but no folders show up... :/ I know this sdcard0 is causing the problems or at least I think so.. any suggestions or solutions?

I don't think it's that. It's an exact mirror.

Is USB debugging checked?

Are the folders still there?

booyackasha

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

The files and folders are still there and USB debugging is unchecked. Would having it checked make a difference?

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Do you have USB fast charge enabled in your kernel by chance? That would cause it. It won't mount your sdcard if so.

*clever signature*

booyackasha

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I don't have usb fast charge enabled. Do you think this could be a bug they haven't sorted out yet?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

As in from? If that's what you meant I flashed vicious the latest version. Then tried the stock and still got the same result

I have no idea then, to be honest. I've been on all sorts of ports, and while at first the presence of the sdcard0 was disconcerting, it has not affected my ability to access a thing.

Hmmm....try Jelly Belly?

booyackasha

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

That is what I'm trying and seem to get that problem only when I flash Jelly Bean. I never had any problem flashing any of the AOKP builds before

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

That is what I'm trying and seem to get that problem only when I flash Jelly Bean. I never had any problem flashing any of the AOKP builds before

I meant the specific port of Jelly Bean called Jelly Belly. ;)

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Fwiw, I'm on Jelly Belly 1.6 and the mirrored directory is still there.

I'm able to access all files via Root explorer or USB... so I don't know what's happening with yours?

*clever signature*

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Found this in the wild, if we're all talking 4.2 then....

"To support multi-user capabilities this will be the norm... for each user, there will be a sequentially numbered folder in /data/media (/data/media/0, /data/media/1)...

And for each user, within Android, this will be symlinked to /sdcard & /storage/sdcard0... for user 1, /sdcard = /storage/sdcard0 = /data/media/0... for user 2, /sdcard = /storage/sdcard0 = /data/media/1...

These are emulated storage points... /data/media/0 = /storage/emulated/0, /data/media/1 = /storage/emulated/1

Without root access, each user will just see /sdcard/ and will not be able to access the other emulated storage points...

In the recovery mode, however, /sdcard is mapped to /data/media which is why you need to navigate to the "0" folder to see your files"!

TheBish0p

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I also have an exact mirror of the contents of my internal storage. I got it after installing stock Android 4.2 on my Galaxy Nexus. Everything is appearing twice in the Gallery app, et cetera.

It's pretty darn annoying. How can I get rid of it and how could Google mess this up so badly?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay