FoxFi Not Working on 4.1?

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any luck with getting FoxFi to work on JellyBean? Mine is telling me its unable to start it and that I should use Bluetooth.

noseph

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I emailed Team FoxFi and they said they will be testing on JB soon. They did not give an estimate of when.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
You could try SVTP Lite/SVTP Pro -- it's more or less the same thing. I use the pro version, and it's great, however I have not tested either on 4.1 yet.

Edit: It's "Wifi Hotspot & USB Tether" in the store, but shows up simply as "SVTP" on your phone if I remember correctly.

boochrisboo

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I understand that the issue is the phone running jellybean ...But if the phone is running Gingerbread (thunderbolt) but the tablet is running Jelly bean (Xoom) is there an issue?
BCB

888sale

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any luck with getting FoxFi to work on JellyBean? Mine is telling me its unable to start it and that I should use Bluetooth.

I bought a Samsung galaxy nexus jelly bean directly from google . I used T-Mobile prepaid plan foxfi works with the galaxy hibit + early anroid ver but not with this nexus + jellybean

noseph

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
The native JellyBean tether works with all JB builds (Settings | more... | Tethering & portable hotspot). With JellyBean there does not appear to be a need for third party tethering app.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
The native JellyBean tether works with all JB builds (Settings | more... | Tethering & portable hotspot). With JellyBean there does not appear to be a need for third party tethering app.

+1 for that. Anyone using a Verizon Nexus on 4.1, by definition, has put a non-Verizon ROM on their phone and they don't need FoxFi.

Additionally, with the right ROM like the one I use, there's a button in the notification shade to turn hotspot on/off which even makes it more convenient than FoxFi.

Piecekeeper22

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get Foxfi to work a bit on Jelly Bean and Verizon Nexus Galaxy using a Bluetooth network connection. My notebook has built-in Bluetooth. If you don't have Bluetooth, you may be able to buy a USB Bluetooth adapter cheap.

In Foxfi, you can enable Bluetooth if you click on the Foxfi Bluetooth button. You should click on the Bluetooth help button in Foxfi to get detailed instructions on how to set it up on you OS.

I was able to connect to the Internet, but I was only getting a little over 1mb when I used to get between 15-20mb with Wifi. I only used it for a few minutes last night and found it a little glitchy. I'm hoping Foxfi will be able to fix this.

Finally (off-topic), I also noticed that IRIS is also not working properly on Jelly Bean on the Nexus Galaxy.

hh72385

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
+1 for that. Anyone using a Verizon Nexus on 4.1, by definition, has put a non-Verizon ROM on their phone and they don't need FoxFi.

Additionally, with the right ROM like the one I use, there's a button in the notification shade to turn hotspot on/off which even makes it more convenient than FoxFi.

I don't know if I'm following what your saying. So running jb you don't need an app to get free Wi-Fi hot spot?

chrisknight

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if I'm following what your saying. So running jb you don't need an app to get free Wi-Fi hot spot?

If you are running a ROM, you can use the built in tether functionality and do not need a 3rd party app. Those that are on stock/unrooted phones must use a workaround app.

robeenhood

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I have Samsung Galaxy S 3 with jellybean 4.1.1. I was not able to run Foxfi87 . somewhere it is said it is not compatible with JB. I downloaded PORTABLE WIFI HOTSPOT WIDGET BY 'taiseiko' from google playstore . Now foxfi87 runs fine . How I dont know.....:):D:D:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid