Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Patrick Schroedl
  • 1 Post By 2defmouze
  • 1 Post By davey11
  • 1 Post By VAVA Mk2
  • 2 Post By zero neck
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Rooted/Unlocked Stk 4.4.3

Default How Long Until AOKP for JB?

I would imagine it would be not long after the official AOSP release of 4.1 source code, but has anyone heard if Team Kang is working on a custom JB ROM? I am currently using Vicious Liquid Smooth JB V3 and love JB, but miss my custom ROM features I had on AOKP B38. I have read Axi0m Engage is pretty cool for a custom ROM so far. How does it compare to recent AOKP builds in terms of features and stability?

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

The AOKP team is waiting for the JB source before they work on a JB version of AOKP. They are working on a final milestone release of the ICS version.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 3:

Default Re: How Long Until AOKP for JB?

RootzWiki posted a very nice article about the Jelly Bean plans for some of the more popular ROMs. You'll find it here.

Here's the part on AOKP:

AOKP: A "Milestone" followed by a milestone

In AOKP's case, ICS will see one more "stable" release in Milestone 6, which Team Kang hopes to have ready sometime this weekend. Unlike CyanogenMod, AOKP is making its first leap to a new version of Android, and Team Kang will be rewriting its enhancements from the ground up for Jelly Bean. You can expect the code overhaul to be far more significant than simply going from, say, Build 39 to Build 40, and even more significant than going from Milestone 5 to Milestone 6. Consequently, the first official Jelly Bean version of AOKP will NOT be coming immediately after source drops (even CyanogenMod isn't just going to spit out a new Jelly Bean build right after source is released). It will take time for Team Kang to rewrite its code from the ground up, but your patience will be rewarded.
    Thanked by 8:
    beerhound and 7stringer like this.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Hmmm...over/under on a month?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    As the past has shown, it will be well worth the wait

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Roman stated they will be taking a short break after MS6. (I assume till the source for JB is released.) and that MS6 will be the final ICS release. He also states that they will be starting fresh with JB

AOKP | News

With that in mind, if the source is released in mid July, I bet we will see nightlies in under a month.

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Don't hate on the poor kitties.

Sent from my Jelly Bean-equipped device

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

I'm guessing at least a month if their going to completely re-work their code...look how long it took the custom ROM giants Cyanogen to release CM9 because thats what they did.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

They'll have to see what is cm10 then they can kang certain features

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM

Well as odd as it may sound, I love AOKP and my custom features so much, I am going to wait on JB. Just nandroid my install of Vicious Liquid Smooth JB V3 and put the backup on my external HDD with my other key nandroids/ROMs. Will stay on AOKP B38 (and M6 once released) until I get my first AOKP for JB. I LOVE JB, but can wait for this

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

+100000000 for all the extra AOKP goodies

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

The first, build 1 of aokp on the JB source will come pretty soon after the source is released. Think a week or so. Sent won't be super maxed out but it'll be good

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    kca2000 likes this.

I've actually downloaded jelly belly and gapps. Then I went through my ics setup and asked myself could I live without all the mad theme/mod stuff and go to a stock like setup. Answer was nope, can't do it. Then I deleted the fresh uninstalled jelly rom.

Frick, I can wait.

Typed with my thumbs on Tapatalk2
    AZDROIDX likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    I've actually downloaded jelly belly and gapps. Then I went through my ics setup and asked myself could I live without all the mad theme/mod stuff and go to a stock like setup. Answer was nope, can't do it. Then I deleted the fresh uninstalled jelly rom.

Frick, I can wait.

Typed with my thumbs on Tapatalk2
    Agree. Love Jelly Bean, but cannot live without my AOKP mods. I can wait for JB on an AOKP ROM just fine while I use AOKP B38 in the meantime :-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    davey11 likes this.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by VAVA Mk2 View Post
    Agree. Love Jelly Bean, but cannot live without my AOKP mods. I can wait for JB on an AOKP ROM just fine while I use AOKP B38 in the meantime :-)

Thought the same, but I've been running jelly for over a week now and haven't missed the mods all that much. I stick a power widget on a homescreen to deal with no pulldown toggles (I know there are a number of apps that do a good job of it but for some reason I'm just stubborn or lazy or something and don't bother with them). Would like to mod my softkeys but I've been living just fine without the ability.

Definitely cannot wait for AOKP to get the source and work on it, but for now straight Jellybean is where its at for me.. never had an android phone running "stock" for this long, lol. Well except when I first started and was a noob to rooting/flashing
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Thought the same, but I've been running jelly for over a week now and haven't missed the mods all that much. I stick a power widget on a homescreen to deal with no pulldown toggles (I know there are a number of apps that do a good job of it but for some reason I'm just stubborn or lazy or something and don't bother with them). Would like to mod my softkeys but I've been living just fine without the ability.

Definitely cannot wait for AOKP to get the source and work on it, but for now straight Jellybean is where its at for me.. never had an android phone running "stock" for this long, lol. Well except when I first started and was a noob to rooting/flashing
    There is an app for pull down notification. More quickly panel is the one I use but there is more.

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by craigrn16 View Post
    There is an app for pull down notification. More quickly panel is the one I use but there is more.

Widgetsoid is one I used back when I was using stock ICS.

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Over! I hope. Team Kang have been perfectionist with it comes to ROM contribution. I really hope they continue their quality control for their releases. Their non-milestones always felt like full version releases and not some test build. Once they have something, I'm quickly jumping over to them.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by SeigaGen View Post
    Over! I hope. Team Kang have been perfectionist with it comes to ROM contribution. I really hope they continue their quality control for their releases. Their non-milestones always felt like full version releases and not some test build. Once they have something, I'm quickly jumping over to them.
    I'm planning on staying with stock jb until the minute aokp jb drops. Can't wait to be kanged again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus via Jelly Bean uh I mean Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    I'm planning on staying with stock jb until the minute aokp jb drops. Can't wait to be kanged again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus via Jelly Bean uh I mean Tapatalk
    I love JB but sticking with AOKP M5/M6/B 38 or any other ICS version until I can get a Kanged JB. AOKP is the best

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by VAVA Mk2 View Post
    I love JB but sticking with AOKP M5/M6/B 38 or any other ICS version until I can get a Kanged JB. AOKP is the best
    Although I agree that Kang is where its at, I am too accustom to JB's smoothness to go back now. Call me spoiled lol
    The Ever-Living

Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

Jelly 2.5 here, but I will flash something aosp today or tomorrow and then flash anything aokp puts out asap.

* INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
    2defmouze and 7stringer like this.

How is Jelly Belly 2.6 versus 2.4... any noticeable differences between pre & post AOSP...

I just got done setting up the phone after flashing 2.4; gonna do a back-up; but probably won't be flashing anything soon...

Unless there is really a HUGE difference...?