I'm about to break...

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
alright, so this is the best device I've ever held in my two hands and I really enjoy the stock android experience but I also love to ROM. I was real big into hacking my log optimus when I had sprint but the one thing I remember was the problems I always had (shortened battery life, problems with the rom, things that would put my phone out of order for the day) I want to root my phone but I don't want these problems. I just wanna make the experience better. Have things changed since then? Do roms run smoother? Which ones would y'all recommend?

I really wanna root and rom. I just can't afford to lose my phone for the day while I'm at work or anything like that. Thanks in advance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Aokp ICS Roms are smooth and flawless

Jelly bean ports are relatively stable now but they are experimental, and therefore do not meet your requirements.

I suggest rooting and throwing on Aokp or something comparable with francos kernel. You won't regret it.

Then you can get a jb ROM when source is out.

Reactions: 2defmouze

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
What about battery life. Is it increased/decreased? I know certain rooms you can control the use of certain background tasks that are known to eat battery life. At least I could on my optimus.

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
And would anyone possibly be up for a g+ chat to help me out cause its been years since my optimus adventures and I don't hardly remember anything.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What about battery life. Is it increased/decreased? I know certain rooms you can control the use of certain background tasks that are known to eat battery life. At least I could on my optimus.

Increased or at least the same. Use francos 384 kernel, and set one core to sleep with screen off.

You'll need his app from market to work the cores. But you'll get good battery without it anyway. Just don't go nuts with features that are going to obviously use more battery . You can customize loads of stuff with Aokp. Francos too.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
We have several awesome step by step guides stickied. I'm Not home now but I'll be around this evening if you need live help.

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Ya I'm not home either I'll be home later this evening. But I think I'm convinced. I'm just afraid of flashing everything at the start. Once I get the rom and kernel flashed it should be alright. I just don't want an expensive paperweight.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The great thing about the nexus is the factory images. They can be your best friend if something goes wrong while rooting.

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Minnis.. please read my thread.. jelly bean party...

Everything is stable and smooth.. no regret at all..

I hear U on the missed calla and txts.. I rooted on a Friday and I should get everything back and running on Monday..

Freedom... F Crapple.. F.. VZ.. Android forever..

GL

minnis12

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Very helpful thread. My phone isn't as important as yours. I just prefer to use it over the other phones cause as long as I use mine, the company pays 20% of my bill!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463