1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Unlocking bootloader

Im looking to unlock my bootloader on my phone if i do that will i get the 4.1 update or do i have to root my phone to get it i now its a noob thing to ask but its been on my mind all day at work

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

You will get OTAs still if you unlock/root, so long as you don't alter the system or remove any system apps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Unlocking bootloader

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    You will get OTAs still if you unlock/root, so long as you don't alter the system or remove any system apps.

ok cool but how will i get 4.1 do i have to put a ROM on my phone or will i get a OTAU

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by eugduk757 View Post
    ok cool but how will i get 4.1 do i have to put a ROM on my phone or will i get a OTAU
    You can wait for the OTA or flash a ROM.. If you want to flash I suggest waiting a bit until source-built ROMs are available. The current batch are ported ROMs which I would not recommend for a person without experience, lol.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    You can wait for the OTA or flash a ROM.. If you want to flash I suggest waiting a bit until source-built ROMs are available. The current batch are ported ROMs which I would not recommend for a person without experience, lol.

Ok....but if i was looking to put a ROM on what ROM would be a good on that is stock

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by eugduk757 View Post
    Ok....but if i was looking to put a ROM on what ROM would be a good on that is stock
    Jelly Belly I would say.. They are all about the same, IMO. Check the stickied thread on top "Jelly Bean Now".

TR4NSCEND is pretty heavily themed. Lots and lots of black. I tried it earlier, and I hated it.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Go jelly belly :-)

If you have any questions, we have a great ongoing discussion in the thread 2def mentioned.

Sent from Oliver, Lord of Time and Space and All Things Gelatinous
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I did it last night unlocked my bootloader and I'm thinking about rooting my phone.... But I'm afraid of breaking my phone lol but one good thing came out of it my baby brother is getting the GSM G-Nex and he's a I-phone fanboy