Re: Vicious Jelly Bean V2, V3 and V4 hang on Verizon GN
You need to wipe data as well.
Originally Posted by bjrosen
For new JB roms, these are the steps that must be taken:
(1) Place the rom on your phone's SDcard, reboot into recovery (ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP, whichever you use).
(2) Wipe data/factory reset--I do it 3 times, because safe > sorry.
(3) Wipe cache--may be superfluous, but hey, safe > sorry.
(4) Go to Advanced, then wipe dalvik cache.
(5) Go to Mounts/Storage, select format system (and do that).
(6) Install zip from sdcard--find the ROMs zip, install it.
There should be problems, so if it's hanging you probably missed a step in there. Let me/us know how it works out!