To Root or Not To Root

swissguy591

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I just got my galaxy nexus in the mail today. The jelly bean release at IO made me get it over the gs3. I'm just a little weary of rooting it and flashing a jb rom onto it because I've heard of bad reception on some of the gnexi being sold. Would it be a a problem if I rooted and flashed a rom and had to return it to get a new one within the next week? Thanks for the help.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Nope, if you need to return it for any reason you can reflash the factory images and lock the bootloader again in just a few minutes. Verizon would never know. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

swissguy591

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nope, if you need to return it for any reason you can reflash the factory images and lock the bootloader again in just a few minutes. Verizon would never know. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sweet! Thanks for the help. I'll be enjoying jelly bean very soon :)

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Would it be a a problem if I rooted and flashed a rom and had to return it to get a new one within the next week? Thanks for the help.

Just don't brick it and then pull some warranty fraud. That doesn't do anyone any good and is likely one of the reasons why Verizon is insisting on locked bootloaders. The people here can help you get a softbricked phone working again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12