Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Default Re: [GUIDE][Ubuntu] Compiling Android from Source

I can't lunch full_toro- user debug. I get N error that the product is not in some file.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by cowsquad View Post
    I can't lunch full_toro- user debug. I get N error that the product is not in some file.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Try re-syncing clean. Also running repo sync -f helps me out when I get errors.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    dmmarck likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #228  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Yup, forcing the repo is a big problem solver in my experience.

Do I have to sync the master branch in order to get galaxy's nexus toro device tree?

tapatalked² from cowsquadGnex®
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #230  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Do I have to sync the master branch in order to get galaxy's nexus toro device tree?

No, you shouldn't have to. Although I have not synced in a while. I'm going to sync r6 this weekend and I'll get back to you.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

What KIND of PC's spec. do we need to compile ICS.
    I have a dual core 1.2 laptop with 4gb of ram. But my computer freezes in the middle of the building process.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #232  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

What KIND of PC's spec. do we need to compile ICS.
    I have a dual core 1.2 laptop with 4gb of ram. But my computer freezes in the middle of the building process.

In my experiences, that's at the low end of what you need (meaning your machine will really struggle).

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    In my experiences, that's at the low end of what you need (meaning your machine will really struggle).
    Well my computer did not take so long, it took like 1.5 hours. but now I am getting this
    make: *** No rule to make target `otapackage'. Stop.
    any idea?

Excellent tutorial man! So neatly presented! I'm a complete noob but I think I can build something from it but i'm not sure where can I get the jb sources for my device (xperia mini st15i) and I'm confused about what are the commands i should use to compile a jb rom specifically for my device. I've been googling it for more than two weeks with no luck . I hope you people can help me! Thanks!

p.s: I actually registered in this forum to comment on this thread :-)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #235  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by gouthamthemostwanted View Post
    Excellent tutorial man! So neatly presented! I'm a complete noob but I think I can build something from it but i'm not sure where can I get the jb sources for my device (xperia mini st15i) and I'm confused about what are the commands i should use to compile a jb rom specifically for my device. I've been googling it for more than two weeks with no luck . I hope you people can help me! Thanks!

p.s: I actually registered in this forum to comment on this thread :-)
    Let me revisit this after work. That ok?

And I appreciate it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    gattinthahat likes this.

Default Re: [GUIDE] Compiling Android from Source for the Galaxy Nexus

I'm having only one problem with this guide. The current AOSP source code is for 4.1.2 (JZO54K). I want to build 4.1.1 (specifically JRO03C). I selected "full_toro-user" with the lunch menu (which is the build type that I want), but how do I tell the build environment that I want to build from the 4.1.1_r1 tag? I've googled this with no luck (I guess I'm using the wrong search terms).

I hope that you aren't typing the spaces (above). It should be full_toro-userdebug (no spaces). Also, make sure you haven't changed the value of PRODUCT_NAME := full_toro in device/samsung/toro/full_toro.mk. I got the same error when I changed the value on that line to "Galaxy Nexus" instead of "full_toro".
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #238  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by chriv View Post
    I'm having only one problem with this guide. The current AOSP source code is for 4.1.2 (JZO54K). I want to build 4.1.1 (specifically JRO03C). I selected "full_toro-user" with the lunch menu (which is the build type that I want), but how do I tell the build environment that I want to build from the 4.1.1_r1 tag? I've googled this with no luck (I guess I'm using the wrong search terms).
    When's the last time you synced with source?

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

Global Posts
    1,429 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Can anyone create a zip for the files extracted? I dont have this device, but I'm interested in getting ProjectPanda ported over here! Thanks much!

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Well, I did my build but the out folder had no 'zip'. I ended up with a few directories and a series of img files. Back to the drawing board...

Quote Originally Posted by HarshReality View Post
    Well, I did my build but the out folder had no 'zip'. I ended up with a few directories and a series of img files. Back to the drawing board...
    What command did you enter in. It should be make -j"x" otapackage

Last edited by mjs1015; 12-04-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Before i begin to ask my question, awesome job man!!! anyway, I can't get the repo to go.

here's the code:

nick@DevDapp:~/NEXUS_DEV$ repo sync

... A new repo command ( 1.18) is available.
    ... You should upgrade soon:

cp /home/nick/NEXUS_DEV/.repo/repo/repo /home/nick/bin/repo

Fetching projects: 100% (329/329), done.
    Syncing work tree: 32% (106/329) error: revision refs/tags/android-4.2.1_r1 in platform/external/libnfc-nci not found

I tried the repo sync -f command but same thing. thanks for listening. any would would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Nikodemus21 View Post
    Before i begin to ask my question, awesome job man!!! anyway, I can't get the repo to go.

here's the code:

nick@DevDapp:~/NEXUS_DEV$ repo sync

... A new repo command ( 1.18) is available.
    ... You should upgrade soon:

cp /home/nick/NEXUS_DEV/.repo/repo/repo /home/nick/bin/repo

Fetching projects: 100% (329/329), done.
    Syncing work tree: 32% (106/329) error: revision refs/tags/android-4.2.1_r1 in platform/external/libnfc-nci not found

I tried the repo sync -f command but same thing. thanks for listening. any would would be awesome
    I would start fresh. Delete you repo and start again.

I have successfully made it through the compile process. Excellent guide. Now I have a question. Has anybody had issues with the AOSP build not booting? Mine will not show a boot animation at all. I have run ddms to see what I could see and phone will not boot past system and sticks on a bootloop with the error in system/bin/sh. Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by dhemke17 View Post
    I have successfully made it through the compile process. Excellent guide. Now I have a question. Has anybody had issues with the AOSP build not booting? Mine will not show a boot animation at all. I have run ddms to see what I could see and phone will not boot past system and sticks on a bootloop with the error in system/bin/sh. Any ideas??
    Did you download and install the proprietary files into your build environment?

I think I made this same mistake once, it compiled, flashed but wouldn't boot...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I did...I dont know if anything happened is my problem. I went through, did the whole "I ACCEPT" thing for every file for the toro build, and nothing showed up like I figured it would even terminal said "files extracted successfully"

EDIT: Changed permissions on file...seemed to actually extract something....

EDIT 2: Compiling again with all the proprietary files. Hoping for a bootable base!
    Last edited by dhemke17; 12-22-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    I will be putting in common questions/problems once they arise. For now, please reference the credited guides for any immediate support, or simply post up in here for help .

Fixes/Tricks

Java6/JDK Issues:

Java6 sometimes does not play nice, even with the AOSP-given commands to get it. Here are some resources that may help you out in resolving any Java issues, may it be installation or making sure OpenJava works.

[TIP]For installing the JDK ==>
    • ;
    • ;
    • You can also try this method found here.

For any read/version errors (thanks khalid!) ==>

A version error looks like this:

[/TIP]

"Make"/find: 'src' Errors

To solve this, you can try updating your dependencies, or you can try . You'll want to install . Also see this post. Thanks ancorare and ewinkley!

Compiling CyanogenMod

Thanks to 2defmouze for the hat tip!

[NOTE]I'd like to give credit where it's due, and that's mainly these following five resources--, , , , and . Thanks to all of these great guides and devs![/NOTE]
    I am a complete Ubuntu newbie. How do I go about installing this patch in Ubuntu?

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

I have navigated successfully through this guide down to the build stage. When make -j is completed, I don't end up with a .zip or .img file in my out folder.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
    I am a complete Ubuntu newbie. How do I go about installing this patch in Ubuntu?
    Not clear from what you quoted.. Which patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
    I have navigated successfully through this guide down to the build stage. When make -j is completed, I don't end up with a .zip or .img file in my out folder.
    You are sure it completed, without any errors? How long did it take, and how many cores is your processor using/how many does it have/what number did you use as the variable in the make j command?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ancorare View Post
    Stumbled across this after a Google search of the make error:

Applied this patch:

And it compiled perfectly! Just downloaded Jelly Belly's 7-14 GApps, gonna get to flashing and see if it worked.

Again, huge thanks to dmmarck for this killer writeup, and Andrew Ruffolo for the make clobber pointer, lol.
    Still learning the ropes with Ubuntu. How do you apply this patch from terminal?
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast