Whats the downside to rooting and installing Jelly Bean?

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Whats the legitimate downside to installing Jelly Bean now and not waiting?

If flash works now I don't see the issue.

When the OTA hits, can you just unroot, go back to stick and then just take the OTA?

Why am I not rooting?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Whats the legitimate downside to installing Jelly Bean now and not waiting?

If flash works now I don't see the issue.

When the OTA hits, can you just unroot, go back to stick and then just take the OTA?

Why am I not rooting?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Too much fun. ;)

And yes you can always, easily take this phone back to stock if you desire to.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
The only downside to rooting would be that some apps won't run on a rooted device like Hulu or watching movies on Flixster.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
The apps not working is a bit annoying. I just know that the one app that I need will not work and I will be stuck.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Which rom are you running?

I so wanna do this but I worried about unlocking the phone and the rooting. Do you need to unlock the phone in addition to rooting?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Which rom are you running?

I so wanna do this but I worried about unlocking the phone and the rooting. Do you need to unlock the phone in addition to rooting?

For more root-based talk, please check out our subforum. We have several guides and threads, particularly focused to JB as well.

CA1NE

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a tablet for apps. My nexus is for Roms and experiments lol Might be wiser if it was switched seeing as my nexus is also my only phone but eh.....what ya gonna do :cool:

Sent From My Brain To Yours

Christopher Greaves

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
when I've rooted a phone before like the I c s on a samsung galaxy s2 I've always found the biggest problem is a lot of programs even if they do work often they will be stopping all breaking down for whatever reason.I feel like rooting the phone is a big price to pay in stability when the only major advantage is being able to delete bloatware.or can you show me a stable routing software for the jelly bean 4.1.2 it doesn't cause most of the software to spazz out

Crossfire503

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
With the Gnex, there's very little downside. When you unlock the bootloader, you will wipe the phone completely, but this is generally true when unlocking a bootloader for the first time. If you make backups and follow the basic guidelines of flashing a ROM, you won't have any issues with stability on any of the major ROMS. AOKP on a main release milestone build, rasbeanjelly, mmuzzy, CM10, and the recent stable build of LiquidSmooth are all options that will not require fiddling to provide a stable experience. If there are particular apps with known issues on an unlocked device, it might be worth looking to see if any of these options have found a work-around.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1