Reboot problems with JB ROMs

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
As the title says I'm having problems with rebooting my phone when running JB ROMs. When I reboot my phone, about 50% of the time, it will hang on the Google logo requiring a battery pull (or 2) to boot normally. This happened with the JB GSM port, JellyBelly, and now Bugless Beast. Is anyone else experiencing this or know what's causing it and how to fix it?

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like I still get hangs every once in a while. Not as often as I did with the old bootloader but it does still happen.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I haven't flashed the jb bootloader yet because I haven't had to. My boot times are the same on jb source ROMs as ICS ROMs... actually a little faster. The ports had longer boot times though.

I keep an AOKP ICS backup on my SD "just in case". I guess there's a flashable zip of the jb bootloader somewhere, but I don't have it... so in the meantime I'm sticking to the ICS bootloader for "insurance".

Sucks that some of you guys are having boot problems on jb. If I were, I'd flash it too!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't flashed the jb bootloader yet because I haven't had to. My boot times are the same on jb source ROMs as ICS ROMs... actually a little faster. The ports had longer boot times though.

I keep an AOKP ICS backup on my SD "just in case". I guess there's a flashable zip of the jb bootloader somewhere, but I don't have it... so in the meantime I'm sticking to the ICS bootloader for "insurance".

Sucks that some of you guys are having boot problems on jb. If I were, I'd flash it too!

I'm currently running the Bugless Beast JB nightlies, which I think are built from source. So I was surprised that I'm still getting hangs even after flashing the JB boot loader.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently running the Bugless Beast JB nightlies, which I think are built from source. So I was surprised that I'm still getting hangs even after flashing the JB boot loader.

Yeah, that sucks dude. If it were me, I'd probably relock then unlock it again to see if it cleared it up. Although, I'm a crackflashing whore. Shhh.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Lol I deleted any ICS backups weeks ago.. knew I was on JB to stay :)

I still see occasional long-boots or hangs but its very rare these days, I guess as oxy said it's possible your phone just needs a good cleaning...

Yeah, that sucks dude. If it were me, I'd probably relock then unlock it again to see if it cleared it up. Although, I'm a crackflashing whore. Shhh.

At least doing that makes you a 'clean' one...?

Reactions: oxymoron

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yea, once I get home I'll do a clean install. I've been "dirty" flashing all of the nightlies (with the exception of the initial BB flash) because Peter said it was OK to do so in the FAQ on his site.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yea, once I get home I'll do a clean install. I've been "dirty" flashing all of the nightlies (with the exception of the initial BB flash) because Peter said it was OK to do so in the FAQ on his site.

Yeah.. most of the time it will be fine but when things start getting weird on your phone and you haven't done a clean wipe in a while you can be pretty confident you need one.

Remember the devs wipe their phones many times a day working on this stuff, and while they can recommend that its ok to dirty flash from one version of the ROM to the next, they can't know the long term effects of doing it through multiple versions.. they're just trying to make it easier on you. After a number of dirty flashes you can assume you need a clean install sooner or later to clear out all those "ghosts in the machine" :)

Reactions: oxymoron

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan