Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

ROM
    JBSourcery

Default Re: [HOW-TO] TiBu The Easy Way!

Grrrrrr! My phone is telling me there is insufficient storage space! My phone is telling me otherwise! 22.57GB available.

ROM
    JBSourcery

This is fixed Had to delete a file in the system and was able to download Titanium.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Keekers11 View Post
    This is fixed Had to delete a file in the system and was able to download Titanium.
    Hm.. alright... so you got everything working then?

ROM
    JBSourcery

Yes sir!

ROM
    JBSourcery

I had to go to the Home folder--->Data--->and delete file name "com.keramidas.Titaniumbackup"

Ok, TiBu worked great the last time I flashed. Periodically I've been backing up new apps and data to keep everything backed up just in case.

Yesterday when I went to create a backup I got an error that said, "Backup failed: Insufficient free storage space." I have almost 25 GB free, so I know that can't be right. I've tried both batch backups and backups of individual apps with the same result. I can restore, I just can't back up.

Is this the same problem that you were having Keekers11?

Does anyone have any insight?

I did Google the error, but I only found people who couldn't install an app from the Play Store due to an insufficient storage error. Nothing on not being able to make a TiBu backup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    Ok, TiBu worked great the last time I flashed. Periodically I've been backing up new apps and data to keep everything backed up just in case.

Yesterday when I went to create a backup I got an error that said, "Backup failed: Insufficient free storage space." I have almost 25 GB free, so I know that can't be right. I've tried both batch backups and backups of individual apps with the same result. I can restore, I just can't back up.

Is this the same problem that you were having Keekers11?

Does anyone have any insight?

I did Google the error, but I only found people who couldn't install an app from the Play Store due to an insufficient storage error. Nothing on not being able to make a TiBu backup.

Sounds like the same.. I believe the file he referred to is actually in /sdcard/data... TiBu should just recreate it if you delete it but you may have to re-check TiBu's settings after if you've altered anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Sounds like the same.. I believe the file he referred to is actually in /sdcard/data... TiBu should just recreate it if you delete it but you may have to re-check TiBu's settings after if you've altered anything.

I deleted this file "/storage/sdcard0/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup" and it didn't work. I'm still getting the same error.

I also see "Storage card/media/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup". I didn't delete that one (I just found it), but it appears to be the same file.

I also see "/data/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/" but that one is a folder not a file. It has another level of folders buried in it: "files, databases, shared_prefs, lib, and cache" with lots of files in those. That looks like something different and since it's a folder I didn't delete it. Is that what I should delete?

Sorry if I'm being dense, but Android's folder structure confuses me. It often seem like there more than one path to the same files.

Another question, would it make sense to uninstall and reinstall TiBu? Would uninstalling TiBu delete my backups? Can I even uninstall it since I flashed update.zip as a system app? If I do uninstall and reinstall should I install from the market or reflash update.zip?

Thanks again
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I deleted this file "/storage/sdcard0/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup" and it didn't work. I'm still getting the same error.

I also see "Storage card/media/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup". I didn't delete that one (I just found it), but it appears to be the same file.

I also see "/data/data/com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup/" but that one is a folder not a file. It has another level of folders buried in it: "files, databases, shared_prefs, lib, and cache" with lots of files in those. That looks like something different and since it's a folder I didn't delete it. Is that what I should delete?

Sorry if I'm being dense, but Android's folder structure confuses me. It often seem like there more than one path to the same files.

Another question, would it make sense to uninstall and reinstall TiBu? Would uninstalling TiBu delete my backups? Can I even uninstall it since I flashed update.zip as a system app? If I do uninstall and reinstall should I install from the market or reflash update.zip?

Thanks again
    Hopefully keekers can confirm which he deleted then, as he said it did fix the problem.

You could try clearing TiBus cache and data under Settings, Apps, All, TiBu.. It should not affect your backups as they are on the sdcard. To be safe you can copy the /sdcard/TitaniumBackup folder to your computer first, this is where all the backups are stored.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    JBSourcery

Hopefully keekers can confirm which he deleted then, as he said it did fix the problem.

You could try clearing TiBus cache and data under Settings, Apps, All, TiBu.. It should not affect your backups as they are on the sdcard. To be safe you can copy the /sdcard/TitaniumBackup folder to your computer first, this is where all the backups are stored.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Yup! That's the exact same error message I was getting. I went a couple steps farther and also deleted all files in the TiBu folder, uninstalled TiBu, then reinstalled it.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Keekers11 View Post
    Yup! That's the exact same error message I was getting. I went a couple steps farther and also deleted all files in the TiBu folder, uninstalled TiBu, then reinstalled it.
    If I flashed the "update.zip" file as a system app how do I uninstall it? I'm only given the option to uninstall updates. (Tried uninstalling updates but that didn't help.)

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

If I flashed the "update.zip" file as a system app how do I uninstall it? I'm only given the option to uninstall updates. (Tried uninstalling updates but that didn't help.)

Use root explorer or something similar and delete it from /system/app.. Why do you need to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Use root explorer or something similar and delete it from /system/app.. Why do you need to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I'm still getting that error that says, "Backup failed: Insufficient free storage space." (Between this message board and googling it, I've typed the error enough that SwiftKey has learned it. Ha!)

I've tried deleting that com.keramidas.titaniumbackup file, deleting the app cache and data, wiping the system cache and dalvik from recovery, and uninstalling TiBu updates, but nothing has worked. The only other thing I can think of is to uninstall and reinstall the app.

When you uninstall does it erase your updates?

Great thread ... in the recommendation:

"6. Boot to recovery.. flash your ROM and Gapps (if needed). Now Mount the System, then install the TiBu update.zip we just created. Now... reboot."

Specifically, what does "Now Mount the System" mean?

Thank you
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM10 JellyBro | Franco M5

Quote Originally Posted by InclusionInnovates View Post
    Great thread ... in the recommendation:

"6. Boot to recovery.. flash your ROM and Gapps (if needed). Now Mount the System, then install the TiBu update.zip we just created. Now... reboot."

Specifically, what does "Now Mount the System" mean?

Thank you
    So the goal is to install TiBu as a system app and in order to do this you need to have the system mounted. By default the system is unmounted, meaning you can't add/remove files from this folder.

If you use TWRP, just go to the home screen and choose "Mount". Then enable or tick the box next to "Mount the System". Then go back to "Install" and flash TiBu. That's it! (Sry, don't quite remember exactly where it is in CWM. You should really be using TWRP anyways :P)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckfan View Post
    So the goal is to install TiBu as a system app and in order to do this you need to have the system mounted. By default the system is unmounted, meaning you can't add/remove files from this folder.

If you use TWRP, just go to the home screen and choose "Mount". Then enable or tick the box next to "Mount the System". Then go back to "Install" and flash TiBu. That's it! (Sry, don't quite remember exactly where it is in CWM. You should really be using TWRP anyways :P)
    Okay, I am assume in CWM, I

1. Reboot into Recovery
    2. Go to the mounts and storage menu
    3. Go to the mounts / system sub menu
    4. Select from: a) mount / sdcard; b) unmount system; c) unmount / cache; or d) mount data. I am assuming the correct answer is "a) mount / sdcard" Is this correct?
    5. Go back and Select install zip from sdcard
    6. Select "apply / sdcard/update.zip "is this correct?
    7. Go back and Reboot

Is this the correct procedure?

Thank you!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Okay, I am assume in CWM, I

1. Reboot into Recovery
    2. Go to the mounts and storage menu
    3. Go to the mounts / system sub menu
    4. Select from: a) mount / sdcard; b) unmount system; c) unmount / cache; or d) mount data. I am assuming the correct answer is "a) mount / sdcard" Is this correct?
    5. Go back and Select install zip from sdcard
    6. Select "apply / sdcard/update.zip "is this correct?
    7. Go back and Reboot

Is this the correct procedure?

Thank you!
    No no, not sd, system. If its already mounted -- which it sounds like, if your only option is to unmount it -- then your fine, just move forward

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckfan View Post

No no, not sd, system. If its already mounted -- which it sounds like, if your only option is to unmount it -- then your fine, just move forward
    Final questions. Which #3 in my procedure?

1. Reboot into Recovery
    2. Go to install zip from sdcard

3. Select "apply / sdcard/update.zip" OR
    3. Select "choose zip from sdcard" and flash update.zip

4. Go back and Reboot

I truly appreciate your patience. I simply do not want to screw this up.

Thanks!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Final questions. Which #3 in my procedure?

1. Reboot into Recovery
    2. Go to install zip from sdcard

3. Select "apply / sdcard/update.zip" OR
    3. Select "choose zip from sdcard" and flash update.zip

4. Go back and Reboot

I truly appreciate your patience. I simply do not want to screw this up.

Thanks!
    Same difference... there's no reason/need to go into recovery and flash it on its own, if you have it installed already... just next time you flash a ROM, flash the tibu zip directly after then reboot. That way it will be there waiting for you when you boot up

Same difference... there's no reason/need to go into recovery and flash it on its own, if you have it installed already... just next time you flash a ROM, flash the tibu zip directly after then reboot. That way it will be there waiting for you when you boot up
    My Hero! Thanks

It's Flashing Time!
    2defmouze likes this.

2def...

almost famous... ^_^

I'm still getting that error that says, "Backup failed: Insufficient free storage space." (Between this message board and googling it, I've typed the error enough that SwiftKey has learned it. Ha!)

I've tried deleting that com.keramidas.titaniumbackup file, deleting the app cache and data, wiping the system cache and dalvik from recovery, and uninstalling TiBu updates, but nothing has worked. The only other thing I can think of is to uninstall and reinstall the app.

When you uninstall does it erase your updates?

AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

After trying everything above (deleting that com.keramidas.titaniumbackup folder, deleting the app cache and data, wiping the system cache and dalvik from recovery, and uninstalling TiBu updates) I finally just uninstalled TiBu, and reinstalled it from the market. I tried to make create a backup and I still got the error, "Backup failed: Insufficient free storage space." I have 24.75 GB free, so it can't be that I actually don't have enough free storage space. I don't know if they is relavent, but TiBu shows that I have 26.5 GB free on the main screen.

Someone please help. I'm thinking of emailing the dev.

Everything worked fine in flashing over to CM10 Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Minor - very minor - points:

* Step 8: Launch TiBu and do Batch > Restore missing apps with data:

I was asked, and did restores the phone ID and the phone rebooted and I re-launch Titanium to complete the step

* Step 9: Now run through that last step again... This time after hitting Deselect all, hit App only. Now you can select the apps you are going to restore without data.

It was easy to tell apps I had not restored where the only ones that appeared

* Step 9b: Afterwards you can do a Menu > Restore data from XML and restore any the call logs and SMS data we backed up earlier as well.

Got confused here because I was directed to the File Expert application, so I was not, or did not restore SMS data. I need to figure this out.

*Step 10. Reboot. Go to Settings > Accounts > Add your Google account and set up your phone again. You can take it from here

Very smooth ... I went to the Google Play Store to initiate Goog account set up
    Dag, yo!

ROM
    AOKP/Franco & PA/Franco

The file manager was launched for you to find the XML file to restore SMS data from. Browse to the location of the file and select it.

Thumbs up Re: [HOW-TO] TiBu The Easy Way!

Quote Originally Posted by AppleBonker View Post
    The file manager was launched for you to find the XML file to restore SMS data from. Browse to the location of the file and select it.
    Well, of course, this worked ....

You are a co-dependent in Flashing Addiction
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast