Like Tree58Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #126  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: [HOW-TO] TiBu The Easy Way!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetguy08 View Post
    Yes, I have had no problem creating filters, but I can never find them after I flash and restore TiBu with the zip.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    You select the label you wish to see from the filters menu, where you created them. Check the box, then hit the green checkmark

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetguy08 View Post
    Yes, I have had no problem creating filters, but I can never find them after I flash and restore TiBu with the zip.

I have the same issue. The labels don't seem to be restored along with everything else.

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    I have a question. I think I understand using TiBu for restoring apps and data after flashing or wiping on the same phone, but can you also use it when switching phones? For example, when I upgrade can I use TiBu to reload apps and data on my new phone (different model)? Are there any additional considerations?

Thanks in advance
    I probably need a step by step for this. GNex has no external sd card. If I OTG an sd or thumbdrive can I TiBu to it and then on different phone TiBu restore from said sd or thumbdrive? Other ways to transfer to different phone? Nandroid? I don't know. My problem is that my GNex suddenly gets very hot for no apparent reason, quickly drains the battery and goes into SOD. Battery pull and usually a change of battery is necessary before it will wake back up. I have not been able to find any rogue apps that may be causing this. I fear that in near future I must relock and return to stock and take it into Verizon and get a refurb replacement. (I have Asurion) I got the phone when it came out Dec. 15 2011.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #129  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
    I probably need a step by step for this. GNex has no external sd card. If I OTG an sd or thumbdrive can I TiBu to it and then on different phone TiBu restore from said sd or thumbdrive? Other ways to transfer to different phone? Nandroid? I don't know. My problem is that my GNex suddenly gets very hot for no apparent reason, quickly drains the battery and goes into SOD. Battery pull and usually a change of battery is necessary before it will wake back up. I have not been able to find any rogue apps that may be causing this. I fear that in near future I must relock and return to stock and take it into Verizon and get a refurb replacement. (I have Asurion) I got the phone when it came out Dec. 15 2011.
    You can definitely restore to a different phone.. Just copy the /sdcard/TitaniumBackup folder to your computer, this is where all the backups and data is, then copy it to the next phone's sdcard. Then use TiBu to restore on the new phone as you please

Thanked by:

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    You can definitely restore to a different phone.. Just copy the /sdcard/TitaniumBackup folder to your computer, this is where all the backups and data is, then copy it to the next phone's sdcard. Then use TiBu to restore on the new phone as you please

Wow, as Wolfgang Puck put it: "very simple, very easy"!
    2defmouze likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gregharkay View Post
    I have the same issue. The labels don't seem to be restored along with everything else.

I haven't done a restore yet, but I did find where the labels were put:

\data\data\com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup\shared_prefs\AppLabelCache.xml

I moved a copy to external storage.

Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #132  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Heads Up.. Latest TiBu update will even let you create a flashable zip of your apps and data to flash immediately after the ROM, saving even more time. After I have some time to test it out I'll add official info to the guide, but if anyone plays with it before me let me know how it works!

Heads Up.. Latest TiBu update will even let you create a flashable zip of your apps and data to flash immediately after the ROM, saving even more time. After I have some time to test it out I'll add official info to the guide, but if anyone plays with it before me let me know how it works!

I haven't tried them out yet, but using labels, I created a "data apps" update zip and a "non-data apps" update zip.

I'm curious whether there will be any problems with flashing multiple update zips in the same session while doing a clean flash. I'm thinking it should be okay. Also, these backup zips do not seem to contain the TiBu app itself. So I think we still need to create a separate zip for that.
    Now we need 4.2 to be released so I have a reason to do a clean flash!

2defmouze likes this.

Looks good; looks like it is just one button? The new -Pink Run- button, Create "Update.zip" from app+data backup..? So, only only have to flash the Update file...?

I saw that. This might convince me to pay for the pro version.

Very interested in this update. I'm gong to check this out ASAP, and will report back here when I've played.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #137  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Hand View Post
    I haven't tried them out yet, but using labels, I created a "data apps" update zip and a "non-data apps" update zip.

I'm curious whether there will be any problems with flashing multiple update zips in the same session while doing a clean flash. I'm thinking it should be okay. Also, these backup zips do not seem to contain the TiBu app itself. So I think we still need to create a separate zip for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Droidintorrance View Post
    Looks good; looks like it is just one button? The new -Pink Run- button, Create "Update.zip" from app+data backup..? So, only only have to flash the Update file...?
    As Empty Hand noted.. You'll make a few zips to flash after your ROM but it should work fine. Doubt I'll have a chance to test before the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jean15paul View Post
    I saw that. This might convince me to pay for the pro version.
    Bought the full version when I first rooted my Bionic over a year ago. Best couple bucks I've spent on an app I use for every clean flash. Just do it.

Thanked by:

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

Correct. Separate zips for the TiBu itself and the apps+data. I found this out playing with it last night.
    Thanked by:

So, I tried the new update zips today. Restoring the apps worked great, but it didn't work for my data. I ended up just restoring app data through TiBu, which is pretty fast anyway. I'm curious to hear if the zip restores data properly for anyone else. If not, I'll just make 1 update zip for apps without data and restore data the old fashioned way.

Thanked by 2:

ROM
    CM10 JellyBro | Franco M5

So, I tried the new update zips today. Restoring the apps worked great, but it didn't work for my data. I ended up just restoring app data through TiBu, which is pretty fast anyway. I'm curious to hear if the zip restores data properly for anyone else. If not, I'll just make 1 update zip for apps without data and restore data the old fashioned way.

Looks like you had more success than me since i couldn't restore any apps or data. That's how good I am. lol. I tried doing it all in the same installation session as the ROM/GAPPS...maybe that was the problem.

Anyway, I await further clarification/instruction from 2defmouze and the many smart members here at AC
    Last edited by Canuckfan; 11-10-2012 at 03:50 PM.

ROM
    Something new!

I tried a clean install to test the new features of tibu with the zip installs. Here is my conclusions. I made three zips. One for the TIBU app files, one for apps only and one for data. I flashed my rom and all three zips at one time. When I got booted up, I had the apps installed, but no data. So I rebooted into recovery and flashed the data zip again. This time when I rebooted, tibu automatically restored the data upon reboot. Soo thihis really isn't a time saver. I could have just started the data restore from within tibu instead of the flashed zip. and it didn't restore the data for the xmls for texts and call logs. I was able to do those manually. So I do think it is worthwhile to make a zip of your apps and flash it when you flash the rom, but then manually restore the data from tibu once your rom boots up.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Whatever suits me

So I had to bring my phone in to Sprint to check some things out. I unrooted it before I brought it in. I had made a new TB backup earlier. I get home, re-root it and install TB and when I run it nothing comes up. Not one single app, user or system. I even installed a couple from the market and tried again but those don't show up either.
    I've un-installed and re-installed TB and the Pro key twice now. I don't know what else to do. I've been using TB for a long time and have never had any problems.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #143  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by dsx968 View Post
    So I had to bring my phone in to Sprint to check some things out. I unrooted it before I brought it in. I had made a new TB backup earlier. I get home, re-root it and install TB and when I run it nothing comes up. Not one single app, user or system. I even installed a couple from the market and tried again but those don't show up either.
    I've un-installed and re-installed TB and the Pro key twice now. I don't know what else to do. I've been using TB for a long time and have never had any problems.
    When unrooting it sounds like you uninstalled TiBu as well? I don't know for sure but its possible that when you uninstalled it it removed the backup directory (/sdcard/TitaniumBackup) with it. With a file explorer or plugged into your computer you should check to see if that directory still exists and if its loaded with your backups. If it is there then you just need to figure out how to get TiBu to see it, but if its not there and you don't have a backup of it somewhere then unfortunately you lost your backups.

ROM
    Whatever suits me

I'll check on that but shouldn't it see the new apps I just installed or even all of the system apps? I don't even get the option to back anything up because according to the app there isn't anything to back up, let alone restore.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #145  

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I'll check on that but shouldn't it see the new apps I just installed or even all of the system apps? I don't even get the option to back anything up because according to the app there isn't anything to back up, let alone restore.
    Hmm.. are you sure that you are properly rooted and that TiBu has root access?

ROM
    Whatever suits me

Yes. I figured out that when I reinstalled it that the filters were different and not showing anything. BUT, I still lost everything when I unrooted. The TiBu folder is on my SD card but somehow got cleared and my backups were all gone. It's never happened before. This time I will have another backup besides on my phone.

ROM
    Something new!

Yes. I figured out that when I reinstalled it that the filters were different and not showing anything. BUT, I still lost everything when I unrooted. The TiBu folder is on my SD card but somehow got cleared and my backups were all gone. It's never happened before. This time I will have another backup besides on my phone.
    I have my tibu setup to sync twice a week in the middle of the night and then upload the backup to my dropbox account. It really gives me piece of mind to know that I have a backup saved somewhere off my phone.

This is a great how to... should be made a sticky!
    Thanked by:
    Akuma and jean15paul like this.

I've been using titanium exactly as was laid out in this post and have had ZERO "problems"... I.e. force closes and quirky behavior.

You will hear Phil and Jerry on the Podcast saying that they don't use titanium because it doesn't appear to handle the data properly all the time.

I called and suggested this thread to them. Jerry said he would check it out but I've since heard them say the same things about TiBu.

Long story short. This thread is basically perfect instructions. 2defmouze knocked it out of the park.

Thanked by:
    2defmouze and Empty Hand like this.

Since we are creating that update.zip for TiBu, there is no need to back TiBu up as an app? It can be excluded from the backups, is this correct?

As an App backup, it would just overwrite the update.zip that was flashed when it was restored, right?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast