[HOW-TO] TiBu The Easy Way!

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Yup! That's the exact same error message I was getting. I went a couple steps farther and also deleted all files in the TiBu folder, uninstalled TiBu, then reinstalled it.

If I flashed the "update.zip" file as a system app how do I uninstall it? I'm only given the option to uninstall updates. (Tried uninstalling updates but that didn't help.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If I flashed the "update.zip" file as a system app how do I uninstall it? I'm only given the option to uninstall updates. (Tried uninstalling updates but that didn't help.)

Use root explorer or something similar and delete it from /system/app.. Why do you need to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Use root explorer or something similar and delete it from /system/app.. Why do you need to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I'm still getting that error that says, "Backup failed: Insufficient free storage space." (Between this message board and googling it, I've typed the error enough that SwiftKey has learned it. Ha!)

I've tried deleting that com.keramidas.titaniumbackup file, deleting the app cache and data, wiping the system cache and dalvik from recovery, and uninstalling TiBu updates, but nothing has worked. The only other thing I can think of is to uninstall and reinstall the app.

When you uninstall does it erase your updates?

InclusionInnovates

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Great thread ... in the recommendation:

"6. Boot to recovery.. flash your ROM and Gapps (if needed). Now Mount the System, then install the TiBu update.zip we just created. Now... reboot."

Specifically, what does "Now Mount the System" mean?

Thank you

Reactions: 2defmouze

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Great thread ... in the recommendation:

"6. Boot to recovery.. flash your ROM and Gapps (if needed). Now Mount the System, then install the TiBu update.zip we just created. Now... reboot."

Specifically, what does "Now Mount the System" mean?

Thank you
So the goal is to install TiBu as a system app and in order to do this you need to have the system mounted. By default the system is unmounted, meaning you can't add/remove files from this folder.

If you use TWRP, just go to the home screen and choose "Mount". Then enable or tick the box next to "Mount the System". Then go back to "Install" and flash TiBu. That's it! (Sry, don't quite remember exactly where it is in CWM. You should really be using TWRP anyways :p)

InclusionInnovates

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
So the goal is to install TiBu as a system app and in order to do this you need to have the system mounted. By default the system is unmounted, meaning you can't add/remove files from this folder.

If you use TWRP, just go to the home screen and choose "Mount". Then enable or tick the box next to "Mount the System". Then go back to "Install" and flash TiBu. That's it! (Sry, don't quite remember exactly where it is in CWM. You should really be using TWRP anyways :p)

Okay, I am assume in CWM, I

1. Reboot into Recovery
2. Go to the mounts and storage menu
3. Go to the mounts / system sub menu
4. Select from: a) mount / sdcard; b) unmount system; c) unmount / cache; or d) mount data. I am assuming the correct answer is "a) mount / sdcard" Is this correct?
5. Go back and Select install zip from sdcard
6. Select "apply / sdcard/update.zip "is this correct?
7. Go back and Reboot

Is this the correct procedure?

Thank you!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I am assume in CWM, I

1. Reboot into Recovery
2. Go to the mounts and storage menu
3. Go to the mounts / system sub menu
4. Select from: a) mount / sdcard; b) unmount system; c) unmount / cache; or d) mount data. I am assuming the correct answer is "a) mount / sdcard" Is this correct?
5. Go back and Select install zip from sdcard
6. Select "apply / sdcard/update.zip "is this correct?
7. Go back and Reboot

Is this the correct procedure?

Thank you!

No no, not sd, system. If its already mounted -- which it sounds like, if your only option is to unmount it -- then your fine, just move forward :)

InclusionInnovates

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

No no, not sd, system. If its already mounted -- which it sounds like, if your only option is to unmount it -- then your fine, just move forward :)

Final questions. Which #3 in my procedure?

1. Reboot into Recovery
2. Go to install zip from sdcard

3. Select "apply / sdcard/update.zip" OR
3. Select "choose zip from sdcard" and flash update.zip

4. Go back and Reboot

I truly appreciate your patience. I simply do not want to screw this up.

Thanks!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Final questions. Which #3 in my procedure?

1. Reboot into Recovery
2. Go to install zip from sdcard

3. Select "apply / sdcard/update.zip" OR
3. Select "choose zip from sdcard" and flash update.zip

4. Go back and Reboot

I truly appreciate your patience. I simply do not want to screw this up.

Thanks!

Same difference... there's no reason/need to go into recovery and flash it on its own, if you have it installed already... just next time you flash a ROM, flash the tibu zip directly after then reboot. That way it will be there waiting for you when you boot up :)

InclusionInnovates

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Same difference... there's no reason/need to go into recovery and flash it on its own, if you have it installed already... just next time you flash a ROM, flash the tibu zip directly after then reboot. That way it will be there waiting for you when you boot up :)

My Hero! Thanks

It's Flashing Time!

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm still getting that error that says, "Backup failed: Insufficient free storage space." (Between this message board and googling it, I've typed the error enough that SwiftKey has learned it. Ha!)

I've tried deleting that com.keramidas.titaniumbackup file, deleting the app cache and data, wiping the system cache and dalvik from recovery, and uninstalling TiBu updates, but nothing has worked. The only other thing I can think of is to uninstall and reinstall the app.

When you uninstall does it erase your updates?

AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! :mad:

After trying everything above (deleting that com.keramidas.titaniumbackup folder, deleting the app cache and data, wiping the system cache and dalvik from recovery, and uninstalling TiBu updates) I finally just uninstalled TiBu, and reinstalled it from the market. I tried to make create a backup and I still got the error, "Backup failed: Insufficient free storage space." I have 24.75 GB free, so it can't be that I actually don't have enough free storage space. I don't know if they is relavent, but TiBu shows that I have 26.5 GB free on the main screen.

Someone please help. I'm thinking of emailing the dev.

InclusionInnovates

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Everything worked fine in flashing over to CM10 Verizon Galaxy Nexus. Minor - very minor - points:

* Step 8: Launch TiBu and do Batch > Restore missing apps with data:

I was asked, and did restores the phone ID and the phone rebooted and I re-launch Titanium to complete the step

* Step 9: Now run through that last step again... This time after hitting Deselect all, hit App only. Now you can select the apps you are going to restore without data.

It was easy to tell apps I had not restored where the only ones that appeared

* Step 9b: Afterwards you can do a Menu > Restore data from XML and restore any the call logs and SMS data we backed up earlier as well.

Got confused here because I was directed to the File Expert application, so I was not, or did not restore SMS data. I need to figure this out.

*Step 10. Reboot. Go to Settings > Accounts > Add your Google account and set up your phone again. You can take it from here

Very smooth ... I went to the Google Play Store to initiate Goog account set up

KYHusker

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Seriously this is the most important guide to read when I am having a rom flash addiction relapse. tytyty.
(Saw a vzw ad on TV as I typed this selling gnex for $99 ... really)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I can now personally attest to the awesome of this guide.

On another note, apparently you cannot flash a kernel and ROM in the same session for the Nexus 7. Oi.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! :mad:

After trying everything above (deleting that com.keramidas.titaniumbackup folder, deleting the app cache and data, wiping the system cache and dalvik from recovery, and uninstalling TiBu updates) I finally just uninstalled TiBu, and reinstalled it from the market. I tried to make create a backup and I still got the error, "Backup failed: Insufficient free storage space." I have 24.75 GB free, so it can't be that I actually don't have enough free storage space. I don't know if they is relavent, but TiBu shows that I have 26.5 GB free on the main screen.

Someone please help. I'm thinking of emailing the dev.

Update: I finally got TiBu working again, but it was a challenge.

I did all the stuff above (deleting that com.keramidas.titaniumbackup folder, deleting the app cache and data, wiping the system cache and dalvik from recovery, uninstalling TiBu updates, and finally uninstalling TiBu and reinstalling it from the market). And even with a fresh install I was still getting that "insufficient free storage space" error whenever I tried to make a backup.

So I copied the backup folder to my computer and tried to delete it from my phone. And I got an error in ES File Explorer that the files couldn't be deleted. Then I fired up TiBu and told TiBu to delete all backups. It said that it succeded but the backup files didn't go away, and when I restarted TiBu it found them again. I tried to move the backup files to a different folder on my SD Card, but got denied again. So I just renamed the "TitaniumBackup" folder that they are in.

SUCCESS!!!!

Once there was no more "TitaniumBackup" folder. Then Titamium Backup starting working and I was able to make a new backup. I still don't know why it thought I had no free storage space; my best guess is that "TitaniumBackup" folder where the backups are stored got corrupted or something. Anyway, I have a working backup so now it's time to get flashing.

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So after flashing roms/gapps/TiBu, do you need to wipe cache and delvik right before rebooting the system? I've seen it mentioned in some other guides but I only trust one guide ;)