[HOW-TO] TiBu The Easy Way!

Canuckfan

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have only had that problem with restoring wifi access points (SMS and call logs have always restored fine). I think I solved the wifi restore by making sure my wifi is turned on before restoring. It may be a coincidence, but try that.

On a separate, but related note, I found I can cut a few steps out of my clean flashing if I go through the Google login instead of skipping it. That restores my wifi access points automatically, and I'm now always logged in to my Google account. Then I just stop the auto restore and go through the other TiBu restore steps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Yup, I have that issue with the wifi access points as well. I'm pretty sure I still get this issue with wifi turned on but I'll pay closer attention next time I do a clean install.

When restoring SMS, do you have the issue where some newer messages for a couple of contacts come up as "No subject" in the main messaging app? But once you go into the individual contact messaging thread, the SMS is actually still all there. It just doesn't properly give you a preview of the newest message in the group view.

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
When restoring SMS, do you have the issue where some newer messages for a couple of contacts come up as "No subject" in the main messaging app? But once you go into the individual contact messaging thread, the SMS is actually still all there. It just doesn't properly give you a preview of the newest message in the group view.

I'm not sure. I restore my old messages, but rarely check them. Sorry.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
OK going to give tibu a spin tired of lost data. Following op #2
Menu-pref-app mode-auto direct my says auto sync - same thing?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349174551571.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349174551571.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 94

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The app processing mode is near the bottom. Scroll down more. I think it may be only available in the purchased version, however. I'd take a screen shot, but my volume rocker seems to be acting up right now.

mrholzapfel

May 25, 2011
Visit site
crap, so no one else having trouble restoring data back from XML? I always do a full wipe and re-install TiBu from a zip file (not from the Play Store).

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
crap, so no one else having trouble restoring data back from XML? I always do a full wipe and re-install TiBu from a zip file (not from the Play Store).

To be honest I use this app to backup and restore SMS (the same dev makes one for Call logs, but I have no need to backup/restore those): https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ckupRestore&feature=nav_result&token=Ch3eAat4

It works flawlessly everytime. I tried it once with TiBu and it wasn't quite as consistent, however that was back when it was a new feature in TiBu so I assumed the bugs would be ironed out over time, but if it still gives you a problem then I definitely recommend the app I linked to for that purpose. :)

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Bump to keep this on the first page.

Also, I've been restoring data from XML without issue over at least the last 15 wipes (grouper and toro). Like others, I noticed backing up WiFi was an issue at first, but I think turning WiFi on before restoring that data corrected it for me. Haven't had it bug out on me in a long time (if something else corrected it, it's been so long I wouldn't know).

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
OK, I followed the directions and made update.zip. Now in recovery TWRP after flashing new rom and gapps. In the directions it says to flash the update.zip but I cannot find update.zip. As per suggestion I left it named update.zip and TiBu said it was successful. Now can't find it to flash it. So where is it. I am now officially temporarily lost.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Should be in the sdcard folder. I think that is where it is saved by default. Actually not sure if you can change that either.

Correct. Good to check using a file explorer to be sure before you wiped. Not a big deal tho just download and install it from the Play Store this time :)

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Correct. Good to check using a file explorer to be sure before you wiped. Not a big deal tho just download and install it from the Play Store this time :)

It was there. Now the Titanium Backup Folder is Empty. There is a separate file "TitaniumBackup-5.6.0.zip" Could that be it?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
So what's the advantage to making the "update.zip" and flashing it as a system app? Is it just to get it installed before you sign into Google? Why system app vs user app?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So what's the advantage to making the "update.zip" and flashing it as a system app? Is it just to get it installed before you sign into Google? Why system app vs user app?

This way you can bypass setup and go right into restoring everything with TiBu, so it will all be installed when you login afterwards. Can save you from Play Store complications.

gadgetguy08

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Great post. Really filled in some gaps for me with tibu.

I have a Samsung with sdcard0 (internal) and a real sd card as sdcard1. While I can set the back up directory to sdcard1, I can't find a way to set the External storage to sdcard1.

Is there a way to do this?

I assume it is a default directory for things like xml back ups, but maybe not. I would prefer to put those on true external storage by default.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Great post. Really filled in some gaps for me with tibu.

I have a Samsung with sdcard0 (internal) and a real sd card as sdcard1. While I can set the back up directory to sdcard1, I can't find a way to set the External storage to sdcard1.

Is there a way to do this?

I assume it is a default directory for things like xml back ups, but maybe not. I would prefer to put those on true external storage by default.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Not that I'm aware of.. I've only ever used those features on the Gnex without an external sd. If you can't find the option digging through the settings I would assume it can't be changed then.

mraviator

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So this was my 2nd time using TiBu for flashing (AOKP B5). Overall it worked well (great writeup, once again!), but I have a question:

I forgot to mount system before installing Tibu's update.zip. But I was still able to launch Tibu. To be sure, I rebooted into recovery, mounted system and reinstalled Tibu's update.zip before batch installing any apps. Would things have worked had I not rebooted/reinstalled TiBu?

thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair