[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

mraviator

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, on build 1, wanting to go to b3. I don't think i ever flashed a bootloader coming from ICS. I just read it's "recommended". I assume nuclear annihilation will occur if i don't have it and something goes wrong? :-D

If I want to include it in the next flash to B3, i should do it (flash bootloader) followed by a full wipe and flash?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, on build 1, wanting to go to b3. I don't think i ever flashed a bootloader coming from ICS. I just read it's "recommended". I assume nuclear annihilation will occur if i don't have it and something goes wrong? :-D

If I want to include it in the next flash to B3, i should do it (flash bootloader) followed by a full wipe and flash?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yup. Full wipe, flash the stuff in the order I gave.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hm... Really interested in jumping back to AOKP with build 3. Itching to flash now, but I want to do a clean install, since I'm on CNA right now, and I don't think I'll have enough time to get everything all set up again before going to work later on. I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening to have time to do it all. @_@

What about kernels? Is the franco M5 kernel good with this ROM, or is there something better? I downloaded that M5 release a while ago, but never flashed it. Still on Trinity kernel, with my CNA ROM.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Did a clean install and I'm unable to change my soft key icons, I keep getting a rom control FC. Anyone else having this issue?

Update it's not FC but just saying rom control has stopped working and it's doing the same for grouper :(

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Did a clean install and I'm unable to change my soft key icons, I keep getting a rom control FC. Anyone else having this issue?

Update it's not FC but just saying rom control has stopped working and it's doing the same for grouper :(

Not here. Hmmm. Did you try restoring AOKP settings?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
After flashing AOKP build 3 completely clean, I was getting several FCs when playing around with the settings, but a reboot fixed this.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh, also, where do you turn on that "quick SMS" popup thing? I couldn't find it in the Messaging app settings, then I thought maybe it might be in ROM Control for some reason, but I didn't see it there, either. I remember setting it up when I was on CNA and they added it, but I can't remember how to turn it on now.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh, also, where do you turn on that "quick SMS" popup thing? I couldn't find it in the Messaging app settings, then I thought maybe it might be in ROM Control for some reason, but I didn't see it there, either. I remember setting it up when I was on CNA and they added it, but I can't remember how to turn it on now.

You just tap "Quick reply" in the notification for your sms.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yugopalmguy

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced this? I just moved over to AOKP from XenonXD last night. I was watching a video from Chrome on Youtube which was imbedded on a website. I could not make it through the Video without the phone falling asleep. It would dim a little bit first, then it would go to sleep, and obviously, stop the video. I was watching it through Pulse and when I would try to wake it up, it said Pulse had shut down?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy