Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 63646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1915
Like Tree420Likes

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Default Re: [ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

Well, I had been on plenty of *****/dizzy unofficial builds which were buttery, but spear's 12/11 linaro build was on another level (on my device). Dirtied biggerisbutter and it seems just as good or better thus far. Perhaps placebo.
    From Steve:
    the entire build process is using the new toolchain now, not quite finished yet but getting close

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

Yeah, it's smooth. Which gapps did you flash? I'm using the 11/30 ones, haven't had a reason to boot to recovery, so I haven't flashed the newer ones yet.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

Just flashed this today and I'm loving it. The only issue I seem to be having is my instant upload album from Google+ isn't showing up. I have instant upload turned on an synced but it's not in the gallery. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Edit: I'm using this version of gapps and using AOKP milestone 1
    gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
    GNex (Toro) running AOKP

Is anyone else noticing the lag of the lock screen animation and phone locking with all 4.2 builds? I have flashed 3 different and none have this fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    Well, I had been on plenty of *****/dizzy unofficial builds which were buttery, but spear's 12/11 linaro build was on another level (on my device). Dirtied biggerisbutter and it seems just as good or better thus far. Perhaps placebo.
    From Steve:
    the entire build process is using the new toolchain now, not quite finished yet but getting close
    Links?

So I've been out of the loop since flashing 4.1.2 AOKP. Is there a 4.2 in works or available? Are the issues with multi user accounts and the /0 on the SD card resolved?

Nothing official. Plenty of tests about though.

And the /0/ folder isn't a bug. Update your recovery before flashing and you're golden.
    Thanked by 4:
    2defmouze likes this.

ROM
    "Shiny" Stock Android

Quote Originally Posted by Jubakuba View Post
    Nothing official. Plenty of tests about though.

And the /0/ folder isn't a bug. Update your recovery before flashing and you're golden.
    Thank you for clarifying this. I was curious myself.

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    Yeah, it's smooth. Which gapps did you flash? I'm using the 11/30 ones, haven't had a reason to boot to recovery, so I haven't flashed the newer ones yet.

I've been using this gapps package with wallet etc. built in...last updated 12/3. Works great, but I haven't had auto restore work on this or any other 4.2.x gapps. Just about always did before 4.2 and I've tried plenty of packages with the same result. No biggie with TiBu/MBP though.

[Gapps][Unofficial][4.2.1 JOP40D]~Custom Gapps Package by Me~ - xda-developers

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    Links?
    ***** aokp Goo.im Downloads - Browsing toro

dizzy Goo.im Downloads - Browsing AOKP_Nightlies

steve linaro builds (biggerisbutter is awesome...haven't tried test 1 or 2)

My Files
    My Files
    yw

I've been using this gapps package with wallet etc. built in...last updated 12/3. Works great, but I haven't had auto restore work on this or any other 4.2.x gapps. Just about always did before 4.2 and I've tried plenty of packages with the same result. No biggie with TiBu/MBP though.

I've been using this "gapps-jb-4.2.1-20121129-signed" one and it auto restores.

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

So anyone able to do this?

Open Google Now/search. Say:
    "Google email mom I love you"
    Press send.
    For me Google search force closes right there. Anyone else have this issue?

Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    So anyone able to do this?

Open Google Now/search. Say:
    "Google email mom I love you"
    Press send.
    For me Google search force closes right there. Anyone else have this issue?

HAd a similar issue with the phone where I would dial and as soon as the ringing started it would force close. Flashed Tinykernel and all is good now.

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

That would be a kernel issue?? Weird. I'll try tiny.

Edit: well that didn't work lol

I've had similar issues too with the phone force closing. I've flashed at least five different versions from different devs, changed from CWMR to TWRP, using the latest 20121130 signed Gapps and anytime I try to use the phone it forces closes on me on every single version. Each time I flash a new zip I wipe Dalvick, cache, factory reset and wipe system three times each before I flash the new ROM to ensure a clean install. I would certainly appreciate any help offered. I really like the features of 4.2 but if my phone can't make phone calls...well you know it's not a phone. I have reverted back to the official AOKP milestone 1 build using TWRP until I can hunt down or be directed to a solution. Thanks in advance.
    Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by Skis X View Post
    I've had similar issues too with the phone force closing. I've flashed at least five different versions from different devs, changed from CWMR to TWRP, using the latest 20121130 signed Gapps and anytime I try to use the phone it forces closes on me on every single version. Each time I flash a new zip I wipe Dalvick, cache, factory reset and wipe system three times each before I flash the new ROM to ensure a clean install. I would certainly appreciate any help offered. I really like the features of 4.2 but if my phone can't make phone calls...well you know it's not a phone. I have reverted back to the official AOKP milestone 1 build using TWRP until I can hunt down or be directed to a solution. Thanks in advance.
    I zip aligned, fix permissions, and wiped dalvik cache, just threw every thing at it and the phone just starting working after that. worth a shot. (On Euroskanks version of AOKP)

@Jova33 LOL! Sorry that didn't work out for you.
    Thanked by:
    Skis X 

how do I zip align and fix the permissions (& which ones do I fix)?

Is anyone else noticing the lag of the lock screen animation and phone locking with all 4.2 builds? I have flashed 3 different and none have this fixed.

Android Enthusiast

Global Posts
    2,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by Skis X View Post
    how do I zip align and fix the permissions (& which ones do I fix)?
    Before doing all that try turning on or setting your radios to LTE/CDMA. Seems to have helped some. If that doesn't do the trick then ROM Toolbox Pro has scripts that you can run to do the above. Your Recovery can also do the Fix Permissions as well. I know ROM Manager has this in place not sure about TWRP. But make sure your on LTE/CDMA!

Thanked by:
    Skis X 

Thanks, that fixed it. I did the wiping and resets as stated above, flashed ROM & gapps, booted up, changed to LTE/CDMA, rebooted into recovery and fixed b permissions (in twrp), rebooted and am currently running Biggerisbutter. Thanks for all the help.

Loving linaro.
    Thanked by 2:
    davey11, oxymoron and ConTejas like this.

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Only realized this^^^ gapps package is for the N4 (mako) as I was about to flash Spear's "pub" linaro build. Liked that it included wallet and everything worked fine. Actually, pretty sure I don't remember seeing the photosphere option while snapping some pics this weekend, but everything else worked normally. Are gapps device specific or no?

Totally my opinion, but no, I don't think so. At least not between n4 and gnex, so long as on a 421 rom.

Sent from my mako ()
    JkdJedi and ConTejas like this.

One more reason to bolster my case. They put device names ie toro, maguro etc in rom file names. It's not done for gapps filenames. Sounds reasonable right?

Sent from my mako ()
    Thanked by:
    ConTejas likes this.

No, gapps aren't specific.
    There can be (and are) scripts to not transfer photosphere over for the N7 since it doesn't have a camera...
    But even if this app were included for devices that it won't work on...it would simply not work.
    Thanked by:
Page 66 of 77 FirstFirst ... 63646566676869 ... LastLast