Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 64656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1915
Like Tree420Likes

Default Re: [ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

So far no issues with Dec-18. Been on Dec-o7 for a while. Due to flip flopping issues. Happy tonight though

>>>>Of course no data. However I flashed at home with wifi. Did full auto-reinstall without a hiccup. I didn't notice I needed to switch network to lte/cdma til I went to work and my network stayed grey. I was still getting notifications I just didn't show a blue connection. I switched network to lte/cdma and rebooted. Everything is great since. My wifi flutters after waking, however it's faster at connecting and I'm not irritated by it.

So... Any word on when we might start seeing "official" 4.2 AOKP builds? I mean, the DizzyThermal builds seem to be working fine, so why is it not quite "official" yet?

Live Wallpapers still aren't working in AOKP builds.

Global Posts
    364 Global Posts

I'm sure when they get most of the kinks out, there'll be an "official" build.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

This pub linaro plus Franco 348 cfq may be the snappiest my phone has been. Annnd I dirtied over biggerisbutter

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Live Wallpapers still aren't working in AOKP builds.
    Hm? I'm on one of the last couple of DizzyThermal builds, and i have a working live wallpaper going just fine.

The stock live wallpapers haven't been working for me. Others from the Play store work fine, though.

Ah. Haven't tried stock ones.

I did notice something kinda odd on the DizzyThermal builds, and I didn't experience this until I flashed the 12/19 build. Some of the autocorrecting stopped working right on the keyboard. Most notably, before, if I typed the letter "i" by itself and pressed space, it would automatically capitalize it like it should. Now, though, the lowercase "i" is the default. Not a huge deal at all, but kind of annoying, and a little odd.
    It's been real...

Anyone remember where the setting is to enable lock screen rotation? I enabled it a few builds ago, but want to disable it now and can't for the life of me find it.

I'm running fitsnugly's 12/26 AOKP build, with Nova launcher. Didn't see it anywhere in Nova settings either. Why can't I find this now!? Derp!

Edit: spelling

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP KK | FrancoKernel

I'm itching to update from AOKP JB M1. Nothing official coming from the camp anytime soon from what I can tell
    It's been real...

There's really no need to wait for a milestone build. The euroskank AOKP kangs are my daily drivers. Totally stable. I have no issues at all.
    Thanked by:
    ConTejas likes this.

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

Totally agree. Been loving steve spears aokp linaro builds (used a bunch of dizzy's and skanks regular aokp compiled builds too with great results). That said, I'm curious as to why there isn't more "official" builds across the board at this point. 4.2.x has been out for a while now.
    oxymoron likes this.

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP KK | FrancoKernel

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    Totally agree. Been loving steve spears aokp linaro builds (used a bunch of dizzy's and skanks regular aokp compiled builds too with great results). That said, I'm curious as to why there isn't more "official" builds across the board at this point. 4.2.x has been out for a while now.
    My guess is because of the holiday times. People on vacation and doing other things than sitting at a computer all day. At least I hope that's why...

Has anyone tried out both the DizzyThermal builds and the Euroskank builds? If so, is there any noticeable difference at all?
    AZDROIDX likes this.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    ROM
    There will be many...

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    Has anyone tried out both the DizzyThermal builds and the Euroskank builds? If so, is there any noticeable difference at all?
    I've ran them both and noticed no real differences. I haven't run any of Euro's stuff for the past couple of weeks since I stumbled across SteveSpear's page on goo.im. I've been running his PUB builds and they are silky smooth. I have the latest Euro downloaded this morning and may try it out after I make a backup of my latest setup since I miss the pop-up messaging window that Euro has that AOKP doesn't seem to.

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP KK | FrancoKernel

A new official release is here!

JB-MR1 Build 1
    [Release] JB-MR1 Build 1 | AOKP
    Thanked by 2:
    wyseguy77 and AZDROIDX like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post

JB-MR1 Build 1
    Damn I wasn't planning on flashing a new rom for a while. Looks like that's about to change. How's it running?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post

JB-MR1 Build 1
    What gapps did you use?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by wyseguy77 View Post
    What gapps did you use?

Click the link, it tells you right there what gapps to use and a link is provided

99% of the time you should be using the latest official gapps on goo.im. You can always find them there, following the link mentioned before, and check here for info such as a changelog when there is a new version: Google Apps - RootzWiki

Anyone test out 4.2 yet?
    I have The Rickets

ROM
    Rooted and Ever-Changing

I DL'd the file last night, made my backups, and will be flashing this later today. Just haven't had the extra 30 mins to set my phone up. It's been months since I've flashed...I KNOW, RIGHT?
    I wipe Dalvik in my sleep.

Shameless self-promotion: my free music.

www.soundclick.com/ericrose

ROM
    JellyBeans

Quote Originally Posted by finger11 View Post
    Anyone test out 4.2 yet?
    Yup, i have had it on my phone since last night... So far it has been great. Smooth, fast and i have not come across any bugs yet. Love me some official AOKP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3
    oxymoron and 7stringer like this.

Spent some time this morning flashing the new official build and getting my phone all set up again. Pretty happy to be back on "official" AOKP, instead of those DizzyThermal nightlies, though I don't immediately notice many differences. One thing I really dig, though (and this might always have been possible in AOKP, but it seemed to be the "default" when I flashed this new ROM) is the transparent navbar, and the option to adjust the transparency of the status bar, as well.

Still slightly annoyed they haven't got the ability to change lockscreen wallpaper in yet, though. I mean, not "annoyed" like really mad, it just doesn't seem like something that would be super difficult to implement, and it hasn't been in any of the DizzyThermal nightlies (which have been coming out for a while now), nor in this new official build.

Thanks for the reports guys. I haven't flashed since the final 4.1.2 milestone so looking forward to some more aokp goodness.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB mr1 Milestone 1

So I updated TWRP Recovery, wiped dalvik/cache/system, then flashed AOKP 4.2.1, then the new gapps, then a tibu zip. Wiped dalvik/cache after each flash. Great. But instead of having to restore the tibu backups and nova settings, everything was in place just as I left it before the new ROM was flashed, as if I did a dirty flash.

OK less work but it seems like I did something wrong.

Any ideas ?

AOKP Backup thinks I am not on an AOKP ROM now btw.

[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style-uploadfromtaptalk1357277843752.jpg
Page 67 of 77 FirstFirst ... 64656667686970 ... LastLast