Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 67686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1915
Like Tree420Likes

Default Re: [ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckfan View Post
    Has any of Steve's work (specifically the Linaro optimizations) been merged with the latest MR1-Build 2 release?
    No, but he has a new PUB build as of this morning.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP/CM10/AXIOM ROMs

Interesting bug I found on mr1.2... guess that's what I get for dirty flashing from mr1.1

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style-uploadfromtaptalk1358881072232.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by 7stringer View Post
    Are you using the stock Kernel, MRW? If not, just reflash whatever kernel you have (like Franco or something) and the stock settings for that kernel should populate. In general, I run interactive governer with stock 1228 speed.
    Ah, okay. I use Franco kernels (off topic, but anyone know why there hasn't been a new nightly since 361? Seems like they were coming out pretty regularly, but it feels like it's been a while), and I was able to get things back to normal just by resetting the power mode I had on via the Franco app.
    AZDROIDX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bbudnick5001 View Post
    Interesting bug I found on mr1.2... guess that's what I get for dirty flashing from mr1.1

I dirty flashed and has the same problem. Killed my battery like crazy, Gonna clean flash and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1117 View Post
    I dirty flashed and has the same problem. Killed my battery like crazy, Gonna clean flash and see what happens
    Any update on if a clean flash fixed the problem? Same thing here with a dirty flash.

ROM
    AOKP/CM10/AXIOM ROMs

Battery pull fixed It for me(with a fresh battery). Although I didn't have any drain issues I just thought it was funny

Thanked by:
    wyseguy77 likes this.

What, exactly, is the bug? I don't understand just from seeing that screenshot. I dirty flashed from build 1 to build 2, and I haven't had any issues, though I never use bluetooth, so... Anyway, my battery life has seemed quite a bit better since flashing to build 2. I'm kind of impressed, unless that was just an unusual phenomenon yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    What, exactly, is the bug? I don't understand just from seeing that screenshot. I dirty flashed from build 1 to build 2, and I haven't had any issues, though I never use bluetooth, so... Anyway, my battery life has seemed quite a bit better since flashing to build 2. I'm kind of impressed, unless that was just an unusual phenomenon yesterday.
    I don't use Bluetooth either but it still drained my battery..

ROM
    AOKP/CM10/AXIOM ROMs

The bug is that my Bluetooth showed being on for 49 days or something when I had just flashed the ROM. No big deal as I said it cleared up with a simple battery pull. I just thought it was interesting/funny so I shared it with you all. Nothing more nothing less.

wyseguy77 likes this.

Since I've flashed this I've noticed my accounts such as Google and Dropbox won't automatically sync. I'm on the latest Leankernal. May be caused by dirty flashing so I'll do a clean install tonight. Not sure what else it could be.

Ah, okay. I use Franco kernels (off topic, but anyone know why there hasn't been a new nightly since 361? Seems like they were coming out pretty regularly, but it feels like it's been a while), and I was able to get things back to normal just by resetting the power mode I had on via the Franco app.
    I think he moved on. He is actively developing for the n4.

Sent from my mako ()

I've been having system ui f/c's on the last several nightly builds. I'm on MR1 2 now. Think I'll stick with it a while.

ok so been away for awhile fro flashing... been happy with Milestone 1. So i downloaded the newest MR1- Build 2 and GApps 20121212.
    what steps do I need to change, a clean wipe? I have newest TWRP so I guess i.e wipe data, cache, dalvik, system. thank flash rom and gapps. will I lose pictures, music files etc? just by reading i see it makes a 2nd partition and some people had issues finding there files.
    Should I stick with the stock kernel? have been using Franco milestone 6. and lastly is there a big difference from 4.1 to 4.2?
    Thanks all!

as long as you're running the latest recovery, all you'll need to do is factory reset, wipe data/ dalvik, flash ROM and latest Gapps and you'll be all set. A lot of people are running lean kernel with great results, latest version is 5.8.1 if I'm not mistaken. all of your files will still be there. you can use titanium backup if it'll make you feel better or you can copy your data to your computer before hand. you'll definitely enjoy 4.2. hope that helps

Since there apparently aren't going to be any more franco kernel updates, I'm finding myself wondering if I should switch to using leankernel. Though, I'm not really sure if it's that worth it at all. I can't imagine there are any major noticeable differences, right?

G
    Since there apparently aren't going to be any more franco kernel updates, I'm finding myself wondering if I should switch to using leankernel. Though, I'm not really sure if it's that worth it at all. I can't imagine there are any major noticeable differences, right?
    I think there will be more Franco updates, but possibly not until 4.2.2 is released. I have recently switched to leankernel. I can't say I see major differences. I'm getting just as good battery life. My switch was largely because of my crack flashing habit and just wanting to update my kernel. To get a bit of the best of both worlds, I've been using the franco app to use franco's best balance power mode that allows certain frequencies that leankernel doesn't otherwise have easily available.

Edit: New Franco kernel out today. Happy flashing!

I have team win twrp 2.3.2.1 . Might give it a try tomorrow.

Droid MAXX 32GB
    OS- 4.4.4 KK
    Waiting for Lollipop!

RIP-GNEX-you were fun to hack and install AOKP ROMS,but your time is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanth269 View Post
    I have team win twrp 2.3.2.1 . Might give it a try tomorrow.

The most recent version is 2.3.3 so you may want to update your recovery first.

Has anybody used TWRP to install/flash the rom and gapps? if so any issues with it? seems to be a easier way to flash for thise of use like me that are not crack flashers. Also used goomanger to update TWRP today.
    Bears likes this.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

Has anybody used TWRP to install/flash the rom and gapps? if so any issues with it? seems to be a easier way to flash for thise of use like me that are not crack flashers. Also used goomanger to update TWRP today.
    TWRP is awesome. I used clockwork mod for the longest time until I came upon it. Now it's all I use.
    Empty Hand likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Hand View Post
    The most recent version is 2.3.3 so you may want to update your recovery first.
    Toro version 2.4.0.0 is out.

Like you, not a crackflasher, but used TWRP to flash rom & gapps - works great!
    Thanked by 2:
    Xanth269 likes this.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bears View Post
    TWRP is awesome. I used clockwork mod for the longest time until I came upon it. Now it's all I use.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ruh-roh-raggy View Post
    Toro version 2.4.0.0 is out.

Like you, not a crackflasher, but used TWRP to flash rom & gapps - works great!
    OK did 2.4.0.0 before I flash one more question, will they gapps package 20121212 do an auto restore of my apps? I miss this from the old ICS days seemed it stopped when jb started up.
    If so I need quite time to flash and do apps. This upgrade will also mean I have to set up my emails and the original sign in to access my contacts I guess.

Droid MAXX 32GB
    OS- 4.4.4 KK
    Waiting for Lollipop!

RIP-GNEX-you were fun to hack and install AOKP ROMS,but your time is over.

OK did 2.4.0.0 before I flash one more question, will they gapps package 20121212 do an auto restore of my apps? I miss this from the old ICS days seemed it stopped when jb started up.
    If so I need quite time to flash and do apps. This upgrade will also mean I have to set up my emails and the original sign in to access my contacts I guess.

In my experience, sometimes apps auto restore and sometimes they don't. They have with the 1212 gaaps. Personally, I find it a waste of time for auto restore. Check out the "how to tibu the easy way" thread for great instructional using titanium backup. It's much faster and easy after you get the hang of it. Your contacts will follow your Gmail account and your other mail accounts so that shouldn't be an issue. Good luck!

Thanked by:
    wyseguy77 and ruh-roh-raggy like this.

ROM
    Bugless Beast- GNex

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    I think he moved on. He is actively developing for the n4.

Sent from my mako ()
    Just flashed 364. :-D
Page 70 of 77 FirstFirst ... 67686970717273 ... LastLast