Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7374757677 LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 1915
Like Tree420Likes

ROM
    CM10

Default Re: [ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

Trying to flash milestone, but I keep getting an error saying "unfortunately AOSP keyboard has stopped working" I've redownloaded the rom a couple of times and tried a new flash, but each time it pops up with the same error. I've redownloaded my Gapps package (Gapps 20130301) still can't figure out why I am getting this. If I flash back to build 5 then the error goes away. I've tried to go into settings and clear data from the keyboard and the dictionary (cant find this one). I'm lost, anyone experience this before?

I am running the new milestone, and I'm getting a vibration every time I'm on the home screen that causes it to open up Gmail to send a bug report. I'm not sure what is causing it, nothing seems to be crashing

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It could be the launcher. Are you using the ROMs launcher or an alternative? I use Nova so I haven't had your glitch. It might be an app or widget FC in the back ground. The only thing I can think to trouble shoot is to uninstall things that are running and see what still causes error.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels309 View Post
    Trying to flash milestone, but I keep getting an error saying "unfortunately AOSP keyboard has stopped working" I've redownloaded the rom a couple of times and tried a new flash, but each time it pops up with the same error. I've redownloaded my Gapps package (Gapps 20130301) still can't figure out why I am getting this. If I flash back to build 5 then the error goes away. I've tried to go into settings and clear data from the keyboard and the dictionary (cant find this one). I'm lost, anyone experience this before?
    Clean Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman View Post
    I am running the new milestone, and I'm getting a vibration every time I'm on the home screen that causes it to open up Gmail to send a bug report. I'm not sure what is causing it, nothing seems to be crashing

Are you, by chance, hitting both volume buttons and power by accident?
    Quote Originally Posted by CallerHoller View Post
    It could be the launcher. Are you using the ROMs launcher or an alternative? I use Nova so I haven't had your glitch. It might be an app or widget FC in the back ground. The only thing I can think to trouble shoot is to uninstall things that are running and see what still causes error.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubakuba View Post
    Are you, by chance, hitting both volume buttons and power by accident?
    I don't see how anyone could accidentally hit all three buttons every time they're on the home screen. I pressed all three buttons while on my home screen repeatedly and couldn't get it to fire off an email report. About every third attempt would put it in vibe.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Jubakuba View Post
    Clean Flash.
    Using TWRP each time I have wiped cache, davik cache, factory reset and data.

One time I flashed and did not flash the gapps right away, I let the phone reboot and there was no error message. I went and flashed the gapps package and the error came back, so I'm guessing they are somewhat related. I didn't think the keyboard had anything to do with the gapps that were flashed

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP KK | FrancoKernel

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels309 View Post
    Using TWRP each time I have wiped cache, davik cache, factory reset and data.

One time I flashed and did not flash the gapps right away, I let the phone reboot and there was no error message. I went and flashed the gapps package and the error came back, so I'm guessing they are somewhat related. I didn't think the keyboard had anything to do with the gapps that were flashed
    Try ClockWorkMod. Thought I had heard their were issues with TWRP.

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP KK | FrancoKernel

I guess the Wi-Fi timing out issue hasn't been fixed? When I leave the phone idol and come back to it, the wifi icon is grey and needs to be turned off and than turned back on

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    I guess the Wi-Fi timing out issue hasn't been fixed? When I leave the phone idol and come back to it, the wifi icon is grey and needs to be turned off and than turned back on
    Do you have it set to stay on during sleep?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP KK | FrancoKernel

Quote Originally Posted by pmcd1962 View Post
    Do you have it set to stay on during sleep?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Yep I do. I thought it had been fixed in one of the nightlies, but maybe it wasn't.

ROM
    CM10

I got my problem fixed, not sure what the deal was, but persistence paid off and I got it to work.

Anyone else having issues with Lightflow? As soon as I flashed the new Milestone, Lightflow stopped working.

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    Yep I do. I thought it had been fixed in one of the nightlies, but maybe it wasn't.
    I had a similar problem but turns out it my wifi router was broadcasting 2 SSIDs and it was having trouble deciding which one it wanted to sign into.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB mr1 Milestone 1

Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman View Post

This happens to me also from time to time. I believe a screenshot is being saved somehow in the process. There should also be a new file created in the bug report folder on your SD partition every time this happens.

If this is a serious concern for you, maybe someone can analyze the bug reports for you and find a solution. Otherwise, delete the bug files and the screen shots and carry on.

Since at least one of the AOKP devs posts here (I think?), I'm just curious, any plans for official AOKP support on future Verizon phones? It's getting to about the time where I'm thinking about buying a new phone, but I want to stay on Verizon and I also want to stick with official AOKP builds. Been thinking about the S4, but also holding out to see how that supposed X Phone turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    Since at least one of the AOKP devs posts here (I think?), I'm just curious, any plans for official AOKP support on future Verizon phones? It's getting to about the time where I'm thinking about buying a new phone, but I want to stay on Verizon and I also want to stick with official AOKP builds. Been thinking about the S4, but also holding out to see how that supposed X Phone turns out.
    Personally, I want to drop verizon. If the next nexus doesn't land on VZW, I'm done.
    However, BMC (the S3 device maintainer) already built an unofficial for the international S3. Haven't looked at how it's doing, but he doesn't own the device so I'm sure building won't be consistent until/if he does get one.
    He hasn't said if he will or not. Also, nobody knows if the currently unreleased S4 AT&T bootloader unlock will work on Verizon or not.

And last but not least, no device can be supported without one of us owning it, nor can we predict if we will support a device or not.
    A stable build must be possible before/and/if/whatever it's decided to add it to the list.

I'm using the latest Franco Kernel with my AOKP JB MS1 and am looking for a "best practice" guide to improve my battery life. I've been through the XDA forum on FK, but have not come across anything. Any suggestions on where to look? thanks.

Ugh. I don't know if it has to do with AOKP, or something else (probably something else, because I've been on the last AOKP milestone since it came out a while ago), but for the last couple of weeks, my phone keeps freezing and forcing me to do a battery pull. I've already had to pull the battery twice this morning, while browsing the Play Store and updating some of my apps. Pretty irritating, and I don't know why all of a sudden it keeps freezing up.

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP KK | FrancoKernel

Change the kernel maybe?

Mine was doing the same thing. This last milestone was actually pretty unstable for me. Build 6 was better. I went to the latest nightly last night and it has been much better so far.

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP KK | FrancoKernel

It's about that time for a new Milestone, but should I wait or just flash the latest nightly? So many decisions

Has anyone been flashing the nightlies at all? I'm still on the last milestone, but been pondering on trying out the nightlies. Nobody's been saying anything about them on here, though, so I don't know how good they're working out. Not sure if I should just wait for the next milestone to release, whenever that may be, or go ahead and start flashing the nightlies.

If the nightlies have been working just fine, is it okay to "dirty flash" them, coming from the milestone build?
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1898  
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,050 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Sorry I switched to mmuzzy french vanilla...

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Has anyone been flashing the nightlies at all? I'm still on the last milestone, but been pondering on trying out the nightlies. Nobody's been saying anything about them on here, though, so I don't know how good they're working out. Not sure if I should just wait for the next milestone to release, whenever that may be, or go ahead and start flashing the nightlies.

If the nightlies have been working just fine, is it okay to "dirty flash" them, coming from the milestone build?
    I had the milestone loaded on my Galaxy Nexus and dirty flashed a recent nightly during the holiday weekend. No ill effects that I noticed, but the Gnex isn't my primary phone so I can afford to take my chances with dirty flashing.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

I've had no problems with any of the nightlies and have dirty flashed every one. I usually use a new milestone as my time to clean flash again (unless there is a problem along the way). My experience may not be the same as yours though. So be prepared to clean flash if you run into trouble.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 7374757677 LastLast