[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Can someone confirm if the 11/28 new gapps for 4.2.1 works with this rom?

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone confirm if the 11/28 new gapps for 4.2.1 works with this rom?

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Need help. I did a nandroid back up before i flashed aokp 4.2 with the new gapps. I'm aware of all your sd data being moved to the /0 folder, but I still cant seem to be able to recover my music.
Pictures are in the gallery no problem. I have spotify and I had at least 15 gb of downloaded playlists. Now after the aokp flash, all my playlists are "undownloaded" but the space is still being used up. Also, I cannot activate the photosphere feature. Can someone help

- - - Updated - - -

Need help. I did a nandroid back up before i flashed aokp 4.2 with the new gapps. I'm aware of all your sd data being moved to the /0 folder, but I still cant seem to be able to recover my music.
Pictures are in the gallery no problem. I have spotify and I had at least 15 gb of downloaded playlists. Now after the aokp flash, all my playlists are "undownloaded" but the space is still being used up. Also, I cannot activate the photosphere feature. I wanted to restore using my nandroid backup, but now I cannot locate the nandroid backup. Can someone help?

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I see three folders
legacy
obb

I'm not really liking how 4.2 totally did a number on the sd card. I go into recovery and into sd card/0/0/clockworkmod/backup and there file for my nandroid is there, but when I select the file, cwm says no files found

- - - Updated - - -

I see three folders
legacy
obb

I'm not really liking how 4.2 totally did a number on the sd card. I go into recovery and into sd card/0/0/clockworkmod/backup and there file for my nandroid is there, but when I select the file, cwm says no files found

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Think I'm just going to go back to deoxed 4.1.1 since I'm having issues with 4.2.
It was sweet while it lasted.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Think I'm just going to go back to deoxed 4.1.1 since I'm having issues with 4.2.
It was sweet while it lasted.

Everyone I've seen with the /0 (sometime mulitples /0/0/0/0 etc) issues have been on CWM, including the newest version that was supposedly updated for 4.2. Flash TWRP and you will not have any issues. The easiet way is from the goomanager app.(menu>intstall openrecoveryscript). It will automatically replace CWM with TWRP as your recovery. If you use Rom Manager, as I do only to save my buttons to reboot into recovery, you will still have the clockworkmod folder even after deleting it and its files. Doesn't matter though. Seriously, I like CWM and kept it until I had a reason to switch, but TWRP is just so much better across the board. It's not just hype.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Everyone I've seen with the /0 (sometime mulitples /0/0/0/0 etc) issues have been on CWM, including the newest version that was supposedly updated for 4.2. Flash TWRP and you will not have any issues. The easiet way is from the goomanager app.(menu>intstall openrecoveryscript). It will automatically replace CWM with TWRP as your recovery. If you use Rom Manager, as I do only to save my buttons to reboot into recovery, you will still have the clockworkmod folder even after deleting it and its files. Doesn't matter though. Seriously, I like CWM and kept it until I had a reason to switch, but TWRP is just so much better across the board. It's not just hype.

I politely beg to differ. I flashed the latest TWRP in anticipation of switching to 4.2 to avoid the folder issues and potential loss of data, and I lost everything I had. I accept the risk of flashing anything, since that is the way it goes. Plus a clean start is always good! I guess the key is to back up anything critical or that you may want to keep to a computer, not your phone.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I politely beg to differ. I flashed the latest TWRP in anticipation of switching to 4.2 to avoid the folder issues and potential loss of data, and I lost everything I had. I accept the risk of flashing anything, since that is the way it goes. Plus a clean start is always good! I guess the key is to back up anything critical or that you may want to keep to a computer, not your phone.

Well, that's an entirely different "zero" issue, isn't it:p Seriously, though, that stinks. Sorry to hear. What did you do? I don't see how flashing a recovery would wipe your sd card. Stranger things have happened. I wouldn't ward anyone off of TWRP because of this, though, it seems like a strange occurance. Not that that makes any difference to you:) Definitely good advice to backup to a computer. Another option is to use the cloud. I have everything important backed up on dropbox. No computer needed.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's an entirely different "zero" issue, isn't it:p Seriously, though, that stinks. Sorry to hear. What did you do? I don't see how flashing a recovery would wipe your sd card. Stranger things have happened. I wouldn't ward anyone off of TWRP because of this, though, it seems like a strange occurance. Not that that makes any difference to you:) Definitely good advice to backup to a computer. Another option is to use the cloud. I have everything important backed up on dropbox. No computer needed.

I have used TWRP since day one. I have no idea what wiped my sd card. Took all the usual clean install steps, rebooted and had nothing!

Like I said, a clean slate is good I just wasn't expecting it. I wouldn't turn anyone off of TWRP either, much easier to use than CWM.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Loving skanks 11/30 build. Nav targets long press are awesome(were on atc's 11/27 too...but this is 4.2.1). No longer miss my lock screen targets.
uploadfromtaptalk1354305303123.jpg

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for your candid feedback.

As of today I was set on the fact that I was going to lose my data regardless.....now here the weird part.

i used the tool kit and the downloaded stock deoxed 4.1.1 vzw image and restored my phone. But i still saw the 0 sd card folder issue. and was down to 5GB of space left. I deleted all of the duplicate files and regained 15 GB, flask the 11-29 gapps, flashed tiny kernel, and then the latest 4.2 aokp rom.

Most of my music was regained, and all of my wallpapers, photos, pictures, etc were right where they belonged. Ringtones, notifications, etc.

I love the plethora of tweaks I can do on aokp. Just wished I didn't have such a hard time with the sd card.

I did have to reinstall the 4.2 gallery / camera zip file since the stock one on the 11-29 gapps did not include the photosphere feature, but it had the new gallery and camera.

Weird?

If anyone is using tiny's kernel, what governor are you using? I saw on the other forums interactive is not so great on this rom.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for your candid feedback.

As of today I was set on the fact that I was going to lose my data regardless.....now here the weird part.

i used the tool kit and the downloaded stock deoxed 4.1.1 vzw image and restored my phone. But i still saw the 0 sd card folder issue. and was down to 5GB of space left. I deleted all of the duplicate files and regained 15 GB, flask the 11-29 gapps, flashed tiny kernel, and then the latest 4.2 aokp rom.

Most of my music was regained, and all of my wallpapers, photos, pictures, etc were right where they belonged. Ringtones, notifications, etc.

I love the plethora of tweaks I can do on aokp. Just wished I didn't have such a hard time with the sd card.

I did have to reinstall the 4.2 gallery / camera zip file since the stock one on the 11-29 gapps did not include the photosphere feature, but it had the new gallery and camera.

Weird?

If anyone is using tiny's kernel, what governor are you using? I saw on the other forums interactive is not so great on this rom.

When you say duplicate files, which ones are you referring to? I lost everything as well, and I wouldn't mind getting it back.

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

I think generally people flash the ROM then gapps and then kernel(kernel for me being after I set up the phone). You may have had a problem with the camera because you flashed the ROM last but I am not sure.

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I think generally people flash the ROM then gapps and then kernel(kernel for me being after I set up the phone). You may have had a problem with the camera because you flashed the ROM last but I am not sure.

In the order of flashing
aokp 4.2
then gapps
then kernel.

Of course this is all done after factory reset / user data wipe, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache. So far so good with aokp and loving this rom.