[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone happen to know how/where Steve Spear posts his aokp linaro builds? I have his 12/11 build that I found in a post on Rootz or XDA via google search but I can't seem find a specific thread or anything. I even signed up for twitter to follow his tweets but I don't know how to use f*cking twitter yet I guess lol. Link would be most appreciated. His linaro build I'm on absolutely flies

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone happen to know how/where Steve Spear posts his aokp linaro builds? I have his 12/11 build that I found in a post on Rootz or XDA via google search but I can't seem find a specific thread or anything. I even signed up for twitter to follow his tweets but I don't know how to use f*cking twitter yet I guess lol. Link would be most appreciated. His linaro build I'm on absolutely flies

I had to dig through his thread on Rootz to find BiggerisButter. I just got out of a meeting and I'm about to flash it. Page 1453 or something has the link to his Mediafire.

EDIT: Mediafire Post

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
You're a better stalker than I:p Thanks man! I guess this is different than his 12/11 aokp linaro build? Just released it later the same day? I'll have to make 12/11 my nany since it's awesome and setup...then ride em dirty. Franco's r344 seemed much better than r342 on battery life for anyone interested.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You're a better stalker than I:p Thanks man! I guess this is different than his 12/11 aokp linaro build? Just released it later the same day? I'll have to make 12/11 my nany since it's awesome and setup...then ride em dirty. Franco's r344 seemed much better than r342 on battery life for anyone interested.

I have no idea if it is any different. I've been riding DizzyThermal's nightlies for the last week now, time for something different. Everything I've read about these Linaro toolbox builds says they scream, so we shall see.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I had been on plenty of skank/dizzy unofficial builds which were buttery, but spear's 12/11 linaro build was on another level (on my device). Dirtied biggerisbutter and it seems just as good or better thus far. Perhaps placebo.
From Steve:
the entire build process is using the new toolchain now, not quite finished yet but getting close

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's smooth. Which gapps did you flash? I'm using the 11/30 ones, haven't had a reason to boot to recovery, so I haven't flashed the newer ones yet.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

jms67

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed this today and I'm loving it. The only issue I seem to be having is my instant upload album from Google+ isn't showing up. I have instant upload turned on an synced but it's not in the gallery. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Edit: I'm using this version of gapps and using AOKP milestone 1
gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

Last edited:

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else noticing the lag of the lock screen animation and phone locking with all 4.2 builds? I have flashed 3 different and none have this fixed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, I had been on plenty of skank/dizzy unofficial builds which were buttery, but spear's 12/11 linaro build was on another level (on my device). Dirtied biggerisbutter and it seems just as good or better thus far. Perhaps placebo.
From Steve:
the entire build process is using the new toolchain now, not quite finished yet but getting close

Links?

mraviator

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
So I've been out of the loop since flashing 4.1.2 AOKP. Is there a 4.2 in works or available? Are the issues with multi user accounts and the /0 on the SD card resolved?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Nothing official. Plenty of tests about though.

And the /0/ folder isn't a bug. Update your recovery before flashing and you're golden.

Last edited:

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it's smooth. Which gapps did you flash? I'm using the 11/30 ones, haven't had a reason to boot to recovery, so I haven't flashed the newer ones yet.

I've been using this gapps package with wallet etc. built in...last updated 12/3. Works great, but I haven't had auto restore work on this or any other 4.2.x gapps. Just about always did before 4.2 and I've tried plenty of packages with the same result. No biggie with TiBu/MBP though.

[Gapps][Unofficial][4.2.1 JOP40D]~Custom Gapps Package by Me~ - xda-developers

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
So anyone able to do this?

Open Google Now/search. Say:
"Google email mom I love you"
Press send.
For me Google search force closes right there. Anyone else have this issue?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So anyone able to do this?

Open Google Now/search. Say:
"Google email mom I love you"
Press send.
For me Google search force closes right there. Anyone else have this issue?

HAd a similar issue with the phone where I would dial and as soon as the ringing started it would force close. Flashed Tinykernel and all is good now.

Skis X

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had similar issues too with the phone force closing. I've flashed at least five different versions from different devs, changed from CWMR to TWRP, using the latest 20121130 signed Gapps and anytime I try to use the phone it forces closes on me on every single version. Each time I flash a new zip I wipe Dalvick, cache, factory reset and wipe system three times each before I flash the new ROM to ensure a clean install. I would certainly appreciate any help offered. I really like the features of 4.2 but if my phone can't make phone calls...well you know it's not a phone. I have reverted back to the official AOKP milestone 1 build using TWRP until I can hunt down or be directed to a solution. Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol