[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So in TWRP wiping dalvik/cache/system doesn't wipe data? Does "factory wipe" = data wipe? Didn't want to empty the SD partition.

Maybe it has been too long since I flashed anything new. But thanks to AOKP for the new ROM.

In both TWRP and CWM if you don't do "Wipe data/Factory reset" you are dirty flashing... the sdcard partition does NOT get wiped by either custom recovery when you do this though. Yeah you're just out of practice :)

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Curious why TWRP seems to be the gold standard....

Guess I should look into switching over if everybody recommends it.

I was always a CWM guy, myself, but then I had a very scary experience in which my Transformer Prime bricked because of CWM. I was able to get it working again, and ever since then, I've stuck to TWRP. Not that CWM is any more likely to cause problems (to my knowledge, anyway...?), but after that little scare, I certainly didn't want to take any chances anymore.

I'm curious as to how frequent these new AOKP builds will be. I wonder if they'll be like a weekly thing, or bi-weekly, etc.?

KYHusker

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Backing up data - flashing ROMs and ZIPs - restoring data is so much more fun when you do it the right way.

Thanks for the help as always 2defmouze!

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Spent some time this morning flashing the new official build and getting my phone all set up again. Pretty happy to be back on "official" AOKP, instead of those DizzyThermal nightlies, though I don't immediately notice many differences. One thing I really dig, though (and this might always have been possible in AOKP, but it seemed to be the "default" when I flashed this new ROM) is the transparent navbar, and the option to adjust the transparency of the status bar, as well.

Still slightly annoyed they haven't got the ability to change lockscreen wallpaper in yet, though. I mean, not "annoyed" like really mad, it just doesn't seem like something that would be super difficult to implement, and it hasn't been in any of the DizzyThermal nightlies (which have been coming out for a while now), nor in this new official build.

The transparent nav started for me on the Unofficial SkankAOKP of 1-1-2013, pretty cool. Keep mine at 50% for that perfect transparent look. I'm now on the Unofficial 1-4-2013 as of this morning.

Last edited:

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
After running mr1 for a day, I'm have to say the official builds are none the better than the unofficial compiled builds I've been dirty flashing for weeks. It's great, just not any better or more stable. If anything, a bit less saucy than my last aokp linaro combo, but it's still zipping. Just noting for you "official only" folks. It makes sense becuase devs like DizzyThermal and EuroSkank only compile nightly builds from offical aokp (and CM) gerrit releases. That said, YMMV. I'm sure there are some things in the compiling/building process that leaves room for error so they certainly get my respect and appreciation for taking their time to do it and share.

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
anyone running the aokp 4.2.1 build. does it support miracast im currently using another rom that does and its become very handy when trying to show off information at meetings

thanks guys

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that if the phone sits for a bit and than picked up to use, the connections are greyed out and seem to have a hard time reestablishing the connection. I don't know if that is because of the kernel I'm using or something to do with this build or 4.2.1 in general

Last edited:

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that of the phone sits for a bit and than picked up to use, the connections are greyed out and seem to have a hard time reestablishing the connection. I don't know if that is because of the kernel I'm using or something to do with this build or 4.2.1 in general

I had the idle greyed out wifi and data come and go with different nightly builds from @fitsnugly. I didn't have it with the Dec 21build and I don't have it with the Official build.
Attempting to ask @fitsnugly only results in him berating you claiming his works fine it's your fault.
Anyway the issues coming and going from one night to another is bewildering.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm I just flashed a different kernel. I'm hoping that's fixes it. I'm on the official build as well. Guess it's time to test it out and see what happens.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
What kernel are people using? I've been using Franco but an thinking of giving another one a shot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Stayed on the lean kernel 5.4 that came with mr1 @ 1350MHZ/interactive...very buttery and stable so far and I like the colors (usually mess with them).

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
My bluetooth has been wonky - connects to my car sometimes, and then at times gets stuck "turning bluetooth off." And, oddly, the sound quality/volume is nowhere near as nice as it was when I was on the 4.1.2 M1 build. Oh well, here's to hoping the next wave is fine.

I still get some systemUI crashing, but not as much. Might have to say farewell to AOKP soon and try out some CM builds.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Steve posted a new unofficial PUB build 6Jan on his androtransfer. running great with lean kernel 5.6

Is this AOKP PUB new? I'm running the latest unofficial Skank AOKP but I see it's no longer listed on GooManager, so am I stuck on Build Jan 4 from them? Thanks.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is this AOKP PUB new? I'm running the latest unofficial Skank AOKP but I see it's no longer listed on GooManager, so am I stuck on Build Jan 4 from them? Thanks.

http://androtransfer.com/?developer=stevespear

Flash in combination with the latest Gapps. I've been running it since the first release with no issues. Just flashed Leankernel 5.6 over it today.

Butter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
androtransfer.com

Flash in combination with the latest Gapps. I've been running it since the first release with no issues. Just flashed Leankernel 5.6 over it today.

Butter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Thanks for link, so since this is a totally different Dev it seems, I would need to backup and wipe to try this new ROM instead of Skank's AOKP?

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Looks like my issue was kernel related as it was a "test" kernel and not the developers official one. The official Jame Bond 3.7.1 works perfect. Hopefully it stays that way. Still wondering where the weather ability in MR1 is at....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15