[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for link, so since this is a totally different Dev it seems, I would need to backup and wipe to try this new ROM instead of Skank's AOKP?

You may be able to dirty flash it, but I usually go clean when changing developers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

finger11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with wifi disconnecting when the phone goes idle/sleep? I have it checked that wifi stays on during sleep, but when I unlock my phone it has to reconnect to my wifi.

edit: going to try a different kernal

Last edited:

finger11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I just never noticed it before, but under battery should the "GPS on" blue bar be full from left to right and the Maps application using up the most battery? I don't have GPS on and I even Forced Stopped the Maps app, but the Maps Use Details (says GPS) still increases by the second. I even tried shutting off all Location Access.

Using MR1 and Lean Kernal

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I just never noticed it before, but under battery should the "GPS on" blue bar be full from left to right and the Maps application using up the most battery? I don't have GPS on and I even Forced Stopped the Maps app, but the Maps Use Details (says GPS) still increases by the second. I even tried shutting off all Location Access.

Using MR1 and Lean Kernal

I had a nasty wakelock with Google Maps. After un-installing and re-installing it went away. Are you using Titanium Backup? I only ask since I feel that the issue stems from restoring from there. I know that I have issues with Facebook re-installs from Titanium as well.

finger11

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a nasty wakelock with Google Maps. After un-installing and re-installing it went away. Are you using Titanium Backup? I only ask since I feel that the issue stems from restoring from there. I know that I have issues with Facebook re-installs from Titanium as well.

Yea I used TB. I just uninstalled and reinstalled and looks like Maps isn't on the battery screen anymore, thanks.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So I saw a video on Twitter showing off a work-in-progress feature that allows you to hide the navbar (and swipe up from the bottom to make it pop up). That seems like a neat little feature, hope we see it soon.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
That would be nice on my next device.(Nexus 5) However my notification and nav bars have burned in on my GN. There are clearshadows when a video stretches out the screen.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had that problem, myself, but I've feared it enough to shy away from using certain apps, and whatnot, that might've kept the screen on long enough to do that.

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Running JB Mr1 the 4.2 one. Sick stuff. Also flashed the latest lean kernel. 5.8. Sick battery life. Been listening to tunes all day at work and still have 30% battery. Loving this!!

Also if they read this. Instead of tiles i would love to see switches in the toggle menu. Like the quick access in the other menu but think switches look cooler.

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Running JB Mr1 the 4.2 one. Sick stuff. Also flashed the latest lean kernel. 5.8. Sick battery life. Been listening to tunes all day at work and still have 30% battery. Loving this!!

Also if they read this. Instead of tiles i would love to see switches in the toggle menu. Like the quick access in the other menu but think switches look cooler.

That's a 4.2 feature by Google

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed an issue in which the stock keyboard no longer automatically corrects typing just "i" to the capital "I"? It used to correct to "I" for me when I was using the DizzyThermal 4.2 nightly builds, then at some point, it stopped correcting to the capitalized version. I did a full wipe when I flashed to the official AOKP MR1 release, and it still doesn't autocorrect to "I". Kind of annoying, especially considering I do a lot of typing on my phone.

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
the native music app is not as appealing and easy to navigate than iPhone thats for sure.. but the speaker is pretty loud and clear....

video play back too, and still not happy with the apps in the market for it

i noticed this too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed an issue in which the stock keyboard no longer automatically corrects typing just "i" to the capital "I"? It used to correct to "I" for me when I was using the DizzyThermal 4.2 nightly builds, then at some point, it stopped correcting to the capitalized version. I did a full wipe when I flashed to the official AOKP MR1 release, and it still doesn't autocorrect to "I". Kind of annoying, especially considering I do a lot of typing on my phone.

I've noticed this issue on MR1 only. M1 worked fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton