[ROM] Android Open Kang Project- Jelly Bean Style

Empty Hand

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
What build does Adam do? I've had issues when I went from DizzyAOKP to Build 3 of AOKP and my wife went from Build 2 to 3 and has had sluggish issues too. Thanks.

A lot of the team members build "unofficial" builds in between official AOKP builds. Since the only device I have is a toro gnex, that is all I keep up with. Adam put out the build referred to above last week, sethyx put out a build over the weekend, and zaphod put out a build today. The best place to keep up on the builds is rootzwiki. I usually just flash the newest as they are released.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Damn, wish I would've seen this before I turned off my phone for the night. v_v Ah well, gives me something to do first thing tomorrow morning!

bj1126

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'll give it a shot tomorrow night. Report was that the 4.2.2 build was solid so if it is merged here it should be good to go. That's what backups are for!

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll give it a shot tomorrow night. Report was that the 4.2.2 build was solid so if it is merged here it should be good to go. That's what backups are for!
Of course it's "merged here."

Source doesn't work backwards (unless huge mistakes are made and reverts come in to play).

Once 4.2.2 was merged like...a week ago?
It's stayed and will stay 4.2.2.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I feel like my battery life is slightly better on this new build. Been off the charger for a couple hours, now, and though it's mostly been asleep, I've only lost about five percent. Usually, it's closer to double that.

Foyt20

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Seems solid after 12 hours. Absolutely no problem with Bluetooth. I can't speak to battery life, have had it on the charger for 90% of the time it has been installed. Will update when I have an answer.

Oh, and 4.2.2 is awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hondo_Lane

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmmnnn... well that didn't go too well. When I flashed this it just seemed really sluggish... press on something and wait several seconds before it responds. I haven't seen anything like this since my original droid days. Used TWRP (full wipe)/ MyBackup Pro / Nova Prime... which is my standard deal and I usually never have an issue. I finally flashed my backup and got out of there.

I might try to load this on my N7 tonight and see how it does...

Hondo_Lane

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmmnnn... well that didn't go too well. When I flashed this it just seemed really sluggish... press on something and wait several seconds before it responds. I haven't seen anything like this since my original droid days. Used TWRP (full wipe)/ MyBackup Pro / Nova Prime... which is my standard deal and I usually never have an issue. I finally flashed my backup and got out of there.

I might try to load this on my N7 tonight and see how it does...

On a brighter note, I had never flashed a nandroid so I didn't really know what to expect. Perfect restore down to every detail... 's like magic ya know!? lol

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Folks at AOKP have acknowledged a Bluetooth issue with the latest AOSP 4.2.2. The issue is that the range has been cut down to 10ft when before it was significantly longer. Sound quality from the Bluetooth has improved immensely. They and I'm sure many folks are trying to find a way to resolve this issue.

[ROM] [4.2.1] AOKP :: jb-mr1 :: toro - Device Threads - RootzWiki - Page 165

1. There's no AOKP-wide GPS issue. It's working great for a lot of us. Please re-flash (clean), and try it again. Also, if you're restoring Maps from backup, don't restore data. That will frequently cause issues (not necessarily GPS issues, but issues are bad regardless). Also, make sure you're outside, or very close to a window. I know that on my device at least, if I'm not outside, there's only a small chance of getting sufficient satellite locks for it to pinpoint my location. Also, my device is crap when I'm in a heavily wooded area like my local parks. I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but I'm assuming so (I could be wrong though, who knows).

2. Wakelocks from Maps happen frequently. A couple things to try, go into Maps, then Settings, then Location Settings. Disable everything in there. All of those settings are for Latitude, and should have zero effect on Maps or Navigation. Also, go outside, start up Maps, and wait for it to say Location Set By GPS. Then back out of Maps. You shouldn't see excessive wakelocks afterwards.

3. Bluetooth connection (not necessarily playback quality) issues...yes, it's real, stop posting about it please. Zaph is aware of it, and I'm assuming other dev's are as well. Until someone posts something saying it's fixed in whatever change and that it should be included in the next release, please assume they're working on it. If it's absolutely critical to you, please go back to a 4.2.1 or 4.1.x release until it's fixed, nobody will be offended.

4. If you didn't clean flash, and you're having issues...too bad. Sorry, but it's always recommended to do a clean flash. If you can't, and you do a dirty flash and start having random issues, you brought it upon yourself. If you dirty flash and everything works great, good for you. However, please don't tell people "hey, it works just fine" unless if you want them to contact you directly for any issues they have resulting from the dirty flash. We all have different setups, and any one little piece of old data can cause bootloops or FC's. The thread really doesn't need to be clogged up with people asking for help with issues they brought upon themselves by not following the directions.

Sorry...after a dozen pages of people talking about the same issues over and over, it just gets a bit annoying. Maybe I need a vacation...

lordbah

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure this belongs here but the upgrade is one thing I did when the problem occurred ... had AOKP build 1 running, Nova Launcher, saved Nova settings, TiBu backup, did a factory reset and installed build 4, TiBu restore, restore Nova settings ... and all icons on the home screens are the green robot (in the 'all apps' view the icons are fine). Nova problem or AOKP? How can I correct it?

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure this belongs here but the upgrade is one thing I did when the problem occurred ... had AOKP build 1 running, Nova Launcher, saved Nova settings, TiBu backup, did a factory reset and installed build 4, TiBu restore, restore Nova settings ... and all icons on the home screens are the green robot (in the 'all apps' view the icons are fine). Nova problem or AOKP? How can I correct it?

Just a thought, when you did the all apps (I would guess the middle button on home screen) did you try and open the app? sometime I find I have to reinstall the app despite the icon appearing in the apps pages and not on the home screen(s). When you go to the app store, I use my apps and reinstall what I want.need. let us know, looking to do the upgrade to build 4 from the milestone 1 build, be holding off on 4.2 builds.

lordbah

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Opening the app did not restore the icon to the home screen. The app can be launched from the bad icon on the home screen, it's only the graphic which is wrong.

I was only trying nova because it had a way to save/restore my home screen layout, whereas with the default launcher I had to redo everything every time I did a clean flash. If it can't restore icons for some reason I'll just ditch it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon