Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree243Likes

Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

Still on the build from, I think, 7/20; I'm assuming there's been at least one or two new updates since then, so out of curiosity, have they fixed the lock screen wallpaper "bug" (as in, it wouldn't let you change the wallpaper for the lock screen)? Is it okay to "dirty flash" the newer builds?

Also wondering what kernels everyone is using with this ROM. I'm still on the one it came with, and it seems okay, I guess. Anything out there that's better for battery life? I used to use Trinity when I was on Jelly Belly, and battery life seemed pretty bad, but I don't know if that was because of Jelly Belly or Trinity, or what.

ROM
    Rascream + Trinity kernel

Quote Originally Posted by MRW1215 View Post
    Still on the build from, I think, 7/20; I'm assuming there's been at least one or two new updates since then, so out of curiosity, have they fixed the lock screen wallpaper "bug" (as in, it wouldn't let you change the wallpaper for the lock screen)? Is it okay to "dirty flash" the newer builds?

Also wondering what kernels everyone is using with this ROM. I'm still on the one it came with, and it seems okay, I guess. Anything out there that's better for battery life? I used to use Trinity when I was on Jelly Belly, and battery life seemed pretty bad, but I don't know if that was because of Jelly Belly or Trinity, or what.
    I used Trinity and Jelly Belly together and I can definitely say it wasn't the kernel. Long time Trinity user and battery life has been consistently good. You might have a rogue app which has caused the bad battery. Or if you have Auto sync on, it may be constantly syncing which cause the extra drain.

Not that I know of. I try to turn off all the syncing I can find, and I've had the same apps on my phone throughout different ROMs (backing up, full wiping, and restoring them, I mean, not dirty flashing everything, heh). Battery life on AOKP M5 + franco kernel was pretty great. Like I said, Jelly Belly + Trinity was pretty bad, and right now on Jellybro (with its included kernel), it's sort of in between those two experiences.

AnyoNe having issues seeing uploaded picasa web albums? Phone only sees local content. I'm signed into g+ and I have google photos checked to sync under account settings.

ROM
    Liquidsmooth 1.25

I can't remember where I saw this posted before but maps navigation isn't saying the names of streets or exits. Anyone know the fix for this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by watchtheflames View Post
    I can't remember where I saw this posted before but maps navigation isn't saying the names of streets or exits. Anyone know the fix for this?

Mine have been; it's a missing lib file. Check within the JB thread, I know I posted a link to it at some point. Also be sure you have an offline language pack downloaded.

I hate to ask this but i want to do this safe...

Can someone please provide me a link to the most current Gapps? And Is there anything else thats required for this ROM? Thanks!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

There's a 7 23 package in the AOKP thread. Check there

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    There's a 7 23 package in the AOKP thread. Check there

Thanks! So Gapps is all i need and im good to go?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice View Post
    Thanks! So Gapps is all i need and im good to go?
    Well and the rom lol

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Well and the rom lol

hahaha Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kgeier82 View Post
    AnyoNe having issues seeing uploaded picasa web albums? Phone only sees local content. I'm signed into g+ and I have google photos checked to sync under account settings.
    I'm having this same issue. And when going to the Gallery settings, I see nothing.

ROM
    Liquidsmooth 1.25

So what is AOSKP. I see this in goo.im app with Euroskank.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    512 Global Posts

New gApps is out:
    euroskank

changelog:
    Please keep in mind, this is a PREVIEW package, there are likely to be bugs! Use at your own risk!

* Adds Jelly Bean Youtube (not available in Google Play Store).
    * Adds TalkBack (Accessibility app).
    * Adds Jelly Bean Gmail with two-finger expansion.
    * Add libpatts_engine_jni_api.so to fix Google Maps not announcing street names.
    * Adjust install and update scripts to remove source-built QuickSearchBox.apk (Search) and replace with Velvet.apk (renamed as QuickSearchBox.apk). This prevents the user from ending up with two Search apps.
    * Still no good way to fix Gallery not syncing to Picasa without ending up with a second gallery app.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Battery life with the stock kernel blows Jelly Belly out of the water...and I forgot how much I missed my notification toggles

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Quote Originally Posted by watchtheflames View Post

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-rooting-roms-hacks/193265-fix-gps-settings-fast-connection-accuracy-usa-only.html#post1998835

ROM
    CM9/FrancoM4

Does this Rom have the camera app?.... or is it just me...
    Everything else is soooo buttery smooth though!

ROM
    JellyBean! Franco Kernel

So there have been two updates today. Themes have arrived in the 2nd of the two

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  
    Geek Freak

Global Posts
    512 Global Posts

Just an update, dirty flashed the 0727 build now using Lean Kernel 4.2, looks like a great combo, battery life is outstanding, great performance. I don't miss ICS AT ALL! Also using the 0726 gapps.

One happy camper here!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I see there is a 7/28 build. Do I have to re-flash gapps when going from 7/26 to 7/28?

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by pmcd1962 View Post
    I see there is a 7/28 build. Do I have to re-flash gapps when going from 7/26 to 7/28?

Yes.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tcapote View Post
    I have been running CM9 on my Toro gNex since I rooted it. Looking at all the new JB roms and having my Nexus 7, it was time to flash a JB rom on my gNex. Which one?

Looking through the roms, there are many good ones, with good reviews, although still early in the JB builds. Being a fan of CM, I was waiting for something from CM. I found Euroskanks JellyBro rom. Looked like what I was looking for, downloaded it, euroskank , as well as their gapps, euroskank , and am very happy I did. Stability is great, performance is buttery as expected, battery life on the stock kernel is excellent.

Here is a list of the merges from the CM Jellybean branch: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/q/st...:jellybean,n,z

If you are a CM fan, and especially CM9 user, this is a seamless update from a feature perspective.

Just wanted to give you my perspective on Euroskanks Jellybro, enjoy!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    EuroSkank/ Franco r230

Latest nightly brings good things! More options for the notification bar including widget buttons! (One of my favorite things about custom roms) Running smoothly with Franco r230.
    --Zach

I seem to recall that the notification drop down was transparent and now its solid black. Is that a setting or am I just crazy.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    ROM
    There will be many...

Getting back into a Nexus tonight, this looks like the perfect plunge back into crackflashing...
    Zruben016 and oxymoron like this.
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast