Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1557
Like Tree243Likes

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

Download the official signed gapps on goo.im. if you go to the home page of goo.im, you will see a gapps folder. Look for the latest jb one. Should be 1130

Brought to you by the Google Galaxy Nexus. It IS better than the iPhone 5.
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RIP
    CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeigaGen View Post
    Download the official signed gapps on goo.im. if you go to the home page of goo.im, you will see a gapps folder. Look for the latest jb one. Should be 1130

man u have been a great help with everything. I have been inpatient nub .. which in advance i do apologize ....

so i think i briked my phone ,,

i flashed the ROM and it was working but my data stayed on 3g and there were no g apps...

so i downloaded the g apps form goo.im on my phone ,, then when i went to flash the apps i deleted all cache and user data ,, before (like a dumba$$) making sure the g apps were on my sd memory direct area ... now it will not turn on,, i can get into recovery mode but my nexus is not reading my sd card.

i would reallllllllly be thankful for your assistance in how to resolve this , can i flash the rom and g apps thru pc? or am i screw? (hopefully not)
    I am not worried what the next is ,, I <3 my VZW GOOGLE NEXUS

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by E.2da.D View Post
    man u have been a great help with everything. I have been inpatient nub .. which in advance i do apologize ....

so i think i briked my phone ,,

i flashed the ROM and it was working but my data stayed on 3g and there were no g apps...

so i downloaded the g apps form goo.im on my phone ,, then when i went to flash the apps i deleted all cache and user data ,, before (like a dumba$$) making sure the g apps were on my sd memory direct area ... now it will not turn on,, i can get into recovery mode but my nexus is not reading my sd card.

i would reallllllllly be thankful for your assistance in how to resolve this , can i flash the rom and g apps thru pc? or am i screw? (hopefully not)
    Try removing your battery then putting it back in. Hold the power button and both volume buttons for a few seconds. You should enter fast boot mode. Press the volume down button twice to get recovery mode. Then press the power button to enter recovery mode. Reinstall the ROM, followed by the gapps (you might need to wipe your system and do a factory reset, your sdcard directory should not be affected).

Keep in mind that nexus phones are nearly impossible to hard brick. If you can get into fast boot mode, you are all good.

Motorola Droid Maxx

CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1
    Thanked by:
    E.2da.D likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    Yep. I consider the things you've mention vital. You now have the "nav" buttons on the lockscreen and has long press option (and widgets). So you can have the same 10 options on the lockscreen and everywhere else. I love it. Check out post #21 and #22 in this post for a my take and screenshots.
    When are you planning on flashing 4.2?
    Well, I tried to install 4.2.1 by Euroskank but ended up in a big fail. I couldn't get past the initial setup as it could never make a data connection. There was no wifi for me to connect to and, while I clearly had 4 bars on signal, it never connected to 3G or 4G. Very stranged.

I did all the usual things. Reboot, battery pull, take out sim/put sim back in, go outside. Nothing would make the data connection. I waited a half hour a couple of times with no luck. I just could never get past the setup.

This is a bummer as I now have to go back to 4.1 and move all the data from the /0 directory back to the pre-4.2 folders. Whew!

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    ROM
    There will be many...

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    Well, I tried to install 4.2.1 by Euroskank but ended up in a big fail. I couldn't get past the initial setup as it could never make a data connection. There was no wifi for me to connect to and, while I clearly had 4 bars on signal, it never connected to 3G or 4G. Very stranged.

I did all the usual things. Reboot, battery pull, take out sim/put sim back in, go outside. Nothing would make the data connection. I waited a half hour a couple of times with no luck. I just could never get past the setup.

This is a bummer as I now have to go back to 4.1 and move all the data from the /0 directory back to the pre-4.2 folders. Whew!
    You can stay on 4.2. The way Euro's ROMs are set initially, you need to get into mobile networks and change the preferred network mode to LTE/CDMA.
    Thanked by:
    TabGuy 

Quote Originally Posted by 10001110101 View Post
    You can stay on 4.2. The way Euro's ROMs are set initially, you need to get into mobile networks and change the preferred network mode to LTE/CDMA.
    How do I do that? I can't get past the "Choose Network" option in initial setup. The "next" button is greyed out. I can see a list of wifi networks, I just can't connect to any of them as I don't have a password. Without a 3G or 4G network connection I can't even initialize the phone.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    ROM
    There will be many...

Quote Originally Posted by TabGuy View Post
    How do I do that? I can't get past the "Choose Network" option in initial setup. The "next" button is greyed out. I can see a list of wifi networks, I just can't connect to any of them as I don't have a password. Without a 3G or 4G network connection I can't even initialize the phone.
    I didn't take that into account. My fault. If you had wifi access you'd be OK, but without it you are stuck.

ROM
    Kang/CM10

I didn't take that into account. My fault. If you had wifi access you'd be OK, but without it you are stuck.
    Isn't there a skip button? I can't remember since I have been dirty flashing this ROM for a very long time.

Motorola Droid Maxx

CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1
    Thanked by:
    TabGuy 

Isn't there a skip button? I can't remember since I have been dirty flashing this ROM for a very long time.

There's a skip button on the first screen but once you say you have a Google account it won't let you skip. Hey, wait a minute. Maybe I should have told it I didn't have a Google account and then I could have moved on. I could have added my Google account later. Geez, this is getting more and more complicated.

I've run into this problem before where there was no signal and I wasn't around wifi or couldn't connect to it. I can't remember exactly what did, because it was a while ago, but I remember hitting the back button and then it would let me continue without connection... hopefully this helps. I just remember being stuck, hitting back, and then I wasn't stuck anymore.

Ok, I got 4.2 successfully installed. I used AOSKP. Looks nice. Now, I have an issue. Maybe it's been discussed before and I didn't notice since I wasn't running 4.2. So, bear with me.

It looks like my sdcard is gone. None of my downloads exist nor do my Nandroid backups nor do any of my photos nor do my Titanium backups. All look to be gone. I used "File Manager" to snoop around. And I see the "sdcard0" folder and the "0" folder and the "storage" folder. But I don't see my data. However, it MUST be there because only 14.5 gig of my total storage is available. If it had deleted the stuff off the sd card I would have expected more than 23 gig available. When I go into Settings/Storage, the amount used up and the list of things using them doesn't add up at all.

A side question: None of my apps appear in TiBu because of the above issue. I've been saving them to Dropbox but can't figure out how to get those files from Dropbox to the phone. The Dropbox app doesn't have a copy function that I can see and TiBu doesn't let me restore directly from Dropbox. Heeeeelp!

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    ROM
    There will be many...

Navigate to the root of your SD card and look for the data folder. In that folder will be a folder named media. That is where all of my old data was when I jumped to 4.2 AOKP. Hopefully this helps!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    TabGuy 
    ConTejas likes this.

Navigate to the root of your SD card and look for the data folder. In that folder will be a folder named media. That is where all of my old data was when I jumped to 4.2 AOKP. Hopefully this helps!

That helps a LOT! Thanks.
    10001110101 and ConTejas like this.

**Never mind**

Decided to restore my backup of the 10/17 nightly I've been completely satisfied with. After 3 hours of fiddling with the new file system and trying to update TWRP (I was still running 2.2.0 which isn't compatible with 4.2) I finally got everything restored to how it was before I tried to update to the 12/5 nightly (complete with updating widgets).

I'll deal with updating to 4.2.1 another time.
    Last edited by Techboy10; 12-08-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

If you say no when it asks you if you have a Gmail account, it will take you to the home screen, then go to settings and choose the late network. I did this and rebooted and still had no data connection and yes it was a clean install.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts

Try removing your battery then putting it back in. Hold the power button and both volume buttons for a few seconds. You should enter fast boot mode. Press the volume down button twice to get recovery mode. Then press the power button to enter recovery mode. Reinstall the ROM, followed by the gapps (you might need to wipe your system and do a factory reset, your sdcard directory should not be affected).

Keep in mind that nexus phones are nearly impossible to hard brick. If you can get into fast boot mode, you are all good.

MAN I JUST WANT TO AGAIN SAY THANKS MY NEXUS IS RUNNING GREAT AGAIN. I WAS WIGGING OUT.

I am not worried what the next is ,, I <3 my VZW GOOGLE NEXUS
    ConTejas likes this.

I switched back on yesterday's build but cant set an alarm through the clock. When I try to it causes the clock to crash. Did something not load right or is it not available for some reason?

Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by disenhour View Post
    I switched back on yesterday's build but cant set an alarm through the clock. When I try to it causes the clock to crash. Did something not load right or is it not available for some reason?

Wipe/clear your data of that application.

ConTejas likes this.

How do I change CPU speed in AOSKP 4.2.1?

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

I noticed other people had data issues but I didn't notice a solution. I'm on WIFI only. How do I fix?
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by mikestorm View Post
    I noticed other people had data issues but I didn't notice a solution. I'm on WIFI only. How do I fix?
    Settings/data usage more.. / mobile networks/ network mode/ select LTE/CDMA.

Thanked by:
    mikestorm likes this.

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

Thanks. I should have been able to figure that out.

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

*sigh* now I'm having phone app issues. It FCs whenever i get an outgoing or incoming call. clearing data and force stopping does nothing. Anyone have any ideas to remedy?

EDIT: battery pull fixed it!
    Last edited by mikestorm; 12-10-2012 at 06:46 PM.

I searched this thread and nobody looks like they have mentioned it. I am referring to the "Developer options" in the settings menu. If you notice it's missing. Because I was looking to turn on debugging. This may sound weird, but this is how you "turn on" the developer options. First you go to settings>About phone>scroll down to "Build number">then click on it 7 times. Kind of like your trying to get the JB etc Easter Egg on the Android Version number. It'll pop up saying press "3 more times to become a developer" by the 7th time it'll pop up "Your a developer now!" Go back to the main settings list and "Developer options" will be there. I missed the force close app with long press of the back key. I figured because it was new, I thought the developer options were not implemented yet. +You need debugging on for Titanium BU to see the apps. Most of you probably know this already, but it doesn't look like it was mentioned in this thread.

Global Posts
    646 Global Posts

Anyone else not able to send or receive mms messages?

Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56575859606162 ... LastLast