Page 1 of 63 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 1557
Like Tree243Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    tcapote's Avatar
    Geek Freak

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

    Default [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    I have been running CM9 on my Toro gNex since I rooted it. Looking at all the new JB roms and having my Nexus 7, it was time to flash a JB rom on my gNex. Which one?

    Looking through the roms, there are many good ones, with good reviews, although still early in the JB builds. Being a fan of CM, I was waiting for something from CM. I found Euroskanks JellyBro rom. Looked like what I was looking for, downloaded it, , as well as their gapps, , and am very happy I did. Stability is great, performance is buttery as expected, battery life on the stock kernel is excellent.

    Here is a list of the merges from the CM Jellybean branch:

    If you are a CM fan, and especially CM9 user, this is a seamless update from a feature perspective.

    Just wanted to give you my perspective on Euroskanks Jellybro, enjoy!
    Last edited by tcapote; 07-22-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
    Thanked by 10:
    JkdJedi and ssethv like this.
  2. #2  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    It's a great rom, currently running it with trinity kernel and all is right with the world .
    Bleezy likes this.
  3. #3  
    Jeff43's Avatar

    Posts
    269 Posts
    ROM
    given up keeping track

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    This intrigues me, so this ROM is very stable atm?

    I'm still on BB do to it's stability, and lack of (at least for me) bugs. But I'm getting antsy to try something new. But not at the expense of stability.

    Is this pure JB or is it more of a custom ROM?
  4. #4  
    zero neck's Avatar
    The Ever-Living

    Posts
    5,090 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,097 Global Posts
    ROM
    KANG

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff43 View Post
    This intrigues me, so this ROM is very stable atm?

    I'm still on BB do to it's stability, and lack of (at least for me) bugs. But I'm getting antsy to try something new. But not at the expense of stability.

    Is this pure JB or is it more of a custom ROM?
    highly stable. pure aosp rom with cm features. not all are functional but lots are.


    * INCREDIBLE * MECHA * TORO * GROUPER * GALAXY S3 *
    * [TORO RADIOS] * [NEXUS WALLS] * [GROUPER GUIDE] * [CHATTER] *
    Thanked by:
    Jeff43 
  5. #5  
    wdfalco's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    ROM
    4.2

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    I give it a tray as soon I get home
  6. #6  
    Wheels309's Avatar

    Posts
    48 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    I switched from jelly belly to cm10 jelly bro and really like it. Battery life seemed to take a hit after one of the nightlies so I did a clean install of the next and just put went back to the trinity kernel and things seem to have improved
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    tcapote's Avatar
    Geek Freak

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

    Default

    Just an fyi, today's 0723 build resolved an LTE toggle issue, it works again. It was broken in the 0722 build, if you are running that. I dirty flashed, without issue.
    That's a fast resolution! Thanks euroskank!

    Transmitted from a banned Galaxy Nexus running JellyBro, with Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    dmmarck likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    Quote Originally Posted by tcapote View Post
    Just an fyi, today's 0723 build resolved an LTE toggle issue, it works again. It was broken in the 0722 build, if you are running that. I dirty flashed, without issue.
    That's a fast resolution! Thanks euroskank!

    Transmitted from a banned Galaxy Nexus running JellyBro, with Tapatalk 2
    Quick question as I am all new to a lot of this stuff. Is a dirty flash when you flash a like ROM over the previous version without wiping anything? Thanks for the help in advance.
  9. #9  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    Quote Originally Posted by col_forbin View Post
    Quick question as I am all new to a lot of this stuff. Is a dirty flash when you flash a like ROM over the previous version without wiping anything? Thanks for the help in advance.
    No. A dirty flash involves wiping the cache, dalvik, and system (although the updater script wipes the system for you, do this anyway).

    A "clean" or "full" flash involves wiping data, cache, dalvik, and system.
    Thanked by 3:
  10. #10  
    mclarryjr's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    5,727 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    You should be able to use dirty flashing with the nightly updates and if you have issues ever then it might be time to wipe everything. I have been dirty flashing these updates for a week without any issues so far.
    Thanked by:
  11. #11  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    If you guys like the *****'s work, be sure to try and help out with their server renewal fee.

    I dropped a few bucks myself, just b/c I'm feeling lucky today lol.

    Thanked by 2:
    zero neck and 7stringer like this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    one other question.....if I flash super wipe lite does it wipe everything I need to flash a new ROM? Or is there a better way to do things?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    tcapote's Avatar
    Geek Freak

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    If you guys like the *****'s work, be sure to try and help out with their server renewal fee.

    I dropped a few bucks myself, just b/c I'm feeling lucky today lol.

    Thanks, just did!
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  14. #14  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by col_forbin View Post
    one other question.....if I flash super wipe lite does it wipe everything I need to flash a new ROM? Or is there a better way to do things?
    Yes. It will.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  15. #15  
    Jeff43's Avatar

    Posts
    269 Posts
    ROM
    given up keeping track

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    Flashed this ROM today...

    After messing around with it most all afternoon, I was only able to come up with one thing to say...

    Why in the hell did I wait so long to flash this?! This ROM is the beezneez...bro.
  16. #16  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff43 View Post
    Flashed this ROM today...

    After messing around with it most all afternoon, I was only able to come up with one thing to say...

    Why in the hell did I wait so long to flash this?! This ROM is the beezneez...bro.
    Lol were you on Jelly Belly? No disrespect to the developer, I just have no idea why people are still on that or Vicious or whatever. They've been outpaced, unfortunately

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  17. #17  
    Jeff43's Avatar

    Posts
    269 Posts
    ROM
    given up keeping track

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    Actually came from BuglessBeast, I was just getting tired of "vanilla" Jelly.

    I'm just really enjoying the little extras with CM10.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    tcapote's Avatar
    Geek Freak

    Posts
    460 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff43 View Post
    Actually came from BuglessBeast, I was just getting tired of "vanilla" Jelly.

    I'm just really enjoying the little extras with CM10.
    Couldn't agree more! Coming from CM9, this rom has everything I am used to, with butta added!

    Stable, fast and great battery life.

    Transmitted from a banned Galaxy Nexus running JellyBro, with Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by tcapote; 07-24-2012 at 12:52 AM.
  19. #19  
    scarryman04's Avatar

    Posts
    829 Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    I'll be giving this a go tonight!!!
  20. #20  
    oxymoron's Avatar
    It's been real...

    Posts
    1,428 Posts

    Default

    I just want some nav bar options, and to be able to use the bottom three placeholders for the lockscreen sliders.

    Other than that, digging it.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  
    Lakhota's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    Does this rom have the option to hide nav buttons?
  22. #22  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    Quote Originally Posted by xxslashxxdroid View Post
    Does this rom have the option to hide nav buttons?
    No, but I believe there are mods available for that. Check the Rootz thread.
  23. #23  
    Lakhota's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    Can someone give me a link to a good matching Trinity kernel? None of the ones I've tried seem to work with this rom or any other. Just hangs on the Google screen. Am I flashing it wrong? I did a full wipe, flashed rom, kernel, then Gapps.
  24. #24  
    dmmarck's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    10,930 Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    Quote Originally Posted by xxslashxxdroid View Post
    Can someone give me a link to a good matching Trinity kernel? None of the ones I've tried seem to work with this rom or any other. Just hangs on the Google screen. Am I flashing it wrong? I did a full wipe, flashed rom, kernel, then Gapps.
    Check the Jelly Bean thread. There's a link to where he keeps the kernels. I use 1420-384 Alpha 35.
  25. #25  
    SuperChargedJ's Avatar

    Posts
    342 Posts
    ROM
    Rascream + Trinity kernel

    Default Re: [ROM][CM10][JB] Euroskank JellyBro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff43 View Post
    Actually came from BuglessBeast, I was just getting tired of "vanilla" Jelly.

    I'm just really enjoying the little extras with CM10.
    How is the speed comparison between the two roms? I enjoy Euroskank roms and my favorite is Rascream, but I'm gonna try this one out today.
Page 1 of 63 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

B