AOKP JB vs. CM ?

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so we got apps vs apps, so what are people choosing and why, is it loyalty to a dev or because it works the best and has what your looking for in a ROM.
I have only been flashing for a few months now so I'll admit I am a noobie, I started with Liquid and switches to AOKP. Than the JB craze hit and I went with Jakes, but as the devs started to rework their magic the big boys have started to release JB ROMs.

Looks like JB has jump started the GNx phone sales and love of flashing.

Xanth

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so we got apps vs apps, so what are people choosing and why, is it loyalty to a dev or because it works the best and has what your looking for in a ROM.
I have only been flashing for a few months now so I'll admit I am a noobie, I started with Liquid and switches to AOKP. Than the JB craze hit and I went with Jakes, but as the devs started to rework their magic the big boys have started to release JB ROMs.

Looks like JB has jump started the GNx phone sales and love of flashing.

Xanth

Honestly they are both spectacular ROMs. I am switching back and forth between AOKP and CM10 (Euroskank's CM10). Both of them have pretty much the same features while they may have slightly different ones each. You really can't go wrong with either one of them. CM10 is the first CM that I have run on the Nexus and its pretty awesome. Its fast, smooth and pretty good on battery with both stock kernel and third party. AOKP is usually my go to ROM as it was on ICS. AOKP with franco or Trinity is always a solid choice and it will come down to which you feel like running.

Right now there isn't too much difference to distinguish the two, but in time they will be but the both will be the go-to ROMs to flash.

Personally, I am on AOKP Preview 4 and its just like ICS AOKP which isn't a bad thing at all.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see a table listing each ROM and the features in that rom.

It's a tremendous amount of work trying to figure out what little features are in each one. And, it might be one little feature that I fall in love with but I'll never know it was there.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I use AOKP because at the time it just seemed like my gps and signal was better on ICS.
I have used BB as well and it's a no frills solid rom. I don't tweak my settings but for some reason I always drop signal strength with BB. I know it's radios but it just seems odd how it's a consistant thing for me.

I do give credit to all these developers that do this. They have taken a nice phone that had a horrible launch via ads, etc. and have corrected issues the carrier's take forever in fixing.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see a table listing each ROM and the features in that rom.

It's a tremendous amount of work trying to figure out what little features are in each one. And, it might be one little feature that I fall in love with but I'll never know it was there.

Lol its not so tough, just try them. Nobody's going to make such a table so you could either learn to read the gerrit commits or just try the ROMs. Load one up, browse the settings and options, get a feel for it. Wipe and do the same for the next one. Whichever you like more you can setup and make your daily.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

hyminameisderek

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently digging CM10 Jellybro and I plan on sticking with it until maybe Preview 5 for AOKP. I made the switch from Preview 4 AOKP to CM10 and I think I like CM10 better; it seems to run a little faster and they have the Lockscreen shortcuts incorporated.

It's strange because I was a big fan of CM9 but I switched to ICS AOKP and was blown away by all of the features, it has more customizations over CM9. I never ran the RC builds of CM9 though so I'm not sure what they added, they just seemed to be a little slower than AOKP.

I also ran Vicious, Jelly Belly, and BB. I'd say BB is the least frills, most stable basic ROM.

All in all, do some backups, get Nova Launcher to backup your homescreens and give them a try. I actually prefer the home launcher, but being able to back up your homescreens with Nova makes crackflashing so much easier.

Reactions: Xanth269

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay