Ok, now I get it... (CM10 that is.)

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
You have to flash gapps after the ROM, before you reboot.

Also, that boot ani rocks, lol

Is there a way to change the boot ani? I see downloads for different animations but don't know how to change them in CM10. It's not that critical as I don't reboot often.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to change the boot ani? I see downloads for different animations but don't know how to change them in CM10. It's not that critical as I don't reboot often.

If it specifically says what you're downloading is a flashable zip, then just flash it. If it's not or whatever you can dig into it and just find the file called bootanimation.zip and use root explorer to paste it in /system/media.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I believe you can just place the boot ani in root folder /data/local...or download ROM Toolbox and download one from there and it will install it for you

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I believe you can just place the boot ani in root folder /data/local...or download ROM Toolbox and download one from there and it will install it for you

It can go there, where it overrides any thing placed in system/media, or you can put it in the latter location where it might be overridden.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, it seems that no matter what I do I can't get Google Apps to install with CM10 from euroskank. I think much more reading is in store.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, it seems that no matter what I do I can't get Google Apps to install with CM10 from euroskank. I think much more reading is in store.

Wipe everything.. Flash ROM, flash gapps, reboot. Really nothing more to it than that, lol. Which gapps pack are you trying to use? Should be kejars 7/15 pack or something more recent.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Wipe everything.. Flash ROM, flash gapps, reboot. Really nothing more to it than that, lol. Which gapps pack are you trying to use? Should be kejars 7/15 pack or something more recent.

For ROM I'm installing CM10.toro.20120726-1137
(from euroskank)

For gapps I'm installing CyanogynMod 10.0.X 20120726
(from goo.im/gapps)

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the skank 7/26 build and gapps right now. No problems at all.

I dirtied.
46c0c575-c074-1702.jpg

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think I figured it out. I was clearing cache and Dalvik but not clearing Data. (Imagine palm slapping forehead.) The store, gmail, etc. work now. I just need to get busy on Titanium restoring everything.

Thanks once again for all the support of those in this forum. I know it can be trying for the experienced guys to help a noob like me without rolling your eyes. I do appreciate it.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think I figured it out. I was clearing cache and Dalvik but not clearing Data. (Imagine palm slapping forehead.) The store, gmail, etc. work now. I just need to get busy on Titanium restoring everything.

Thanks once again for all the support of those in this forum. I know it can be trying for the experienced guys to help a noob like me without rolling your eyes. I do appreciate it.

Lol no problem bud, facepalm accepted (happens to the best of us sometimes don't feel too bad lol)

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm not out of the woods yet. I went into Titanium and restored my apps (with 1 click) with data. Then, I was back to not having gapps. No maps, no Gmail, etc. The Play store worked, but not the others. I looked into Titanium and I can't see anything that resembles a gapp. There are only 38 apps to restore.

So, I went into recovery and restored to yesterday. My next step, later tonight, will be to put on the new CM10 and new gapps once again. And, then, one-by-one restore apps in Titanium until I find the culprit. Eventually it will rear it's ugly head.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm not out of the woods yet. I went into Titanium and restored my apps (with 1 click) with data. Then, I was back to not having gapps. No maps, no Gmail, etc. The Play store worked, but not the others. I looked into Titanium and I can't see anything that resembles a gapp. There are only 38 apps to restore.

So, I went into recovery and restored to yesterday. My next step, later tonight, will be to put on the new CM10 and new gapps once again. And, then, one-by-one restore apps in Titanium until I find the culprit. Eventually it will rear it's ugly head.

That's because the gapps pack doesn't include Gmail, maps, or typically anything that's downloadable via the Play Store, lol :)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Definitely don't restore any gapps data. Weird you didn't see them in tibu though :confused:

If the TiBu backup was done when they were installed as system apps they probably didn't get backed up.. Downloading them from the market makes them user apps and you can back them up and restore them, but like you said, not with data :)

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, why didn't they show up in Tibu?

So, help me understand. All this time I could have just gone to the App store and downloaded gmail, maps, etc? I guess I misunderstood what was in gapps. I thought that gapps was all Google apps. What exactly is in gapps? Market. What else?

I'm out of pocket for 4 hours but I want to get to the bottom of this, hopefully tonight. Or I may not get any sleep.

Thanks again for the community's help.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, why didn't they show up in Tibu?

So, help me understand. All this time I could have just gone to the App store and downloaded gmail, maps, etc? I guess I misunderstood what was in gapps. I thought that gapps was all Google apps. What exactly is in gapps? Market. What else?

I'm out of pocket for 4 hours but I want to get to the bottom of this, hopefully tonight. Or I may not get any sleep.

Thanks again for the community's help.

Yep.. Market, usually camera/gallery, gtalk, some other stuff. You can open the zip and see exactly what. Anything available in market is not included you need to download it. It's because of legality issues as well as keeping the size of the gapps pack as small as they can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49