Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default First JB ROM

I just flashed my first ROM XenonHD and it is unbelievably well done. Not only can I compare it side by side with my nexus 7 but the features are enough to make me want the ROM on my 7. A few notes from a noob: forgot to run fix permissions after install which eventually fixed my WiFi problem. Titanium backup is worth the money for restoring apps with data which saves on reinputting all the usernames and passwords. And above all I learned its nothing to be afraid of flashing Roms. Now I'm going to mess around with settings a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: First JB ROM

Quote Originally Posted by lozzt View Post
    I just flashed my first ROM XenonHD and it is unbelievably well done. Not only can I compare it side by side with my nexus 7 but the features are enough to make me want the ROM on my 7. A few notes from a noob: forgot to run fix permissions after install which eventually fixed my WiFi problem. Titanium backup is worth the money for restoring apps with data which saves on reinputting all the usernames and passwords. And above all I learned its nothing to be afraid of flashing Roms. Now I'm going to mess around with settings a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Welcome to the flashing party!

Just want to note that the 'fix permissions' option is something that dates back to early froyo/gingerbread ROMs and really should not have to be done at all now. It actually causes more harm than good on ICS/JB... if the ROM flashing instructions tell you to do it I suggest another ROM, because no developer should be requiring that of you these days.

With TiBu, just be careful what data you restore. No system data, only user app data, and try to skip apps that actively sync with servers or any Google apps at all. There is more info in my guide you should browse.. link in my signature

Default Re: First JB ROM

you don't need to run fix permission with xenonhd.

You had to do that jelly belly 2.x - 4.x. Looking at jake's 5.x instruction, it look like it isn't need anymore. running the fix permission was one of the reason I avoided jake's jbrom since 1.8.