Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Default Re: [ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] Codename Android 3.0.0 [JB][07/31/2012]

Quote Originally Posted by VAVA Mk2 View Post
    He changed it back to Blackdroid?
    Rootz did, or at least it was. Went from Codenameandroid to "theblackdroid."

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Yeah that's pretty jacked up they did that...I avoid that website anymore for the most part, too many know it all bad attitudes there...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

ROM
    Rooted/Unlocked Stk 4.4.3

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Wow what a **** move on their part.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    [making a phone so big] "you can't get your hand around it"[ helps, but that] "no one's going to buy that." - Steve Jobs

The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isnt because we dont want to hit [a lower] price point, Jobs said. Its because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first. - again, Steve Jobs
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

I don't see any reason why he'd change his own name, although I could not get anyone to confirm it. Still, kinda terrible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Jelly Bean Rom

Can anyone point me to a place to find good themes for this build?

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/CM10

Noticed that too, and if it was Rootz Administration that changed it, I don't like nor respect that type of behavior. It's one thing for an individual Dev to display questionable behavior (any Dev) but quite another for Administrators of a site to display questionable behavior. They need to be above reproach. But, I want to go on record stating that I'm making an assumption here. I have no idea if Rootz changed the username of if CNA did. Either way, hate seeing stuff like this in our community.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Device: Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
    Rom/Kernel: AOKP/ImoseyOn Lean Kernel, CM10
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #57  

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by migespy View Post
    Can anyone point me to a place to find good themes for this build?
    I thought Themes for AOKP/CM would work for this but I could be wrong.

So I just rooted and loaded this ROM today. Loving it besides not being able to add more home screens and getting rid of the stupid search bar. One thing I notice is that it seems to take a lot longer to charge my phone than it did when I was stock. Is this a normal thing when using a custom ROM. First time ever rooting and loading a ROM.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by dragon718 View Post
    So I just rooted and loaded this ROM today. Loving it besides not being able to add more home screens and getting rid of the stupid search bar. One thing I notice is that it seems to take a lot longer to charge my phone than it did when I was stock. Is this a normal thing when using a custom ROM. First time ever rooting and loading a ROM.

I think the slow charge is a JB thing. JB can also cause a rather slow boot time in comparison to ICS. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're talking hours and hours. If that's the case, I'd say you have a battery issue, but if we're talking an hour difference or so, don't worry about it.
    Device: Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
    Rom/Kernel: AOKP/ImoseyOn Lean Kernel, CM10

Yeah, nothing major like hours and hours. Maybe an hour difference like you said. As long has that's how it is supposed to I'm fine with it. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

ROM
    AXI0M Patient Zero M2

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    I'm a programmer. Most of us hardly ever write code from scratch. Good programmers are lazy. They take something that already works and spend their time making it better or simply making it suite their needs. If it's open, it's fair game. When we do actually write something useful from scratch, very few people in the world know about it.

Think of all of the nameless devs who built Linux or Android. You don't hear them crying about it. Look at Peppermint. It's based on Lubuntu which is based on Ubuntu, which is based on Debian. Each distro is spun a little different and the devs do a lot of coding to make it all work and they freely share their code. No one is crying about it. I always say, "There's no crying in Open Source."
    Well said. My feelings exactly.

The end result for me is that CM is nothing to write home about by itself. The better ROMs come from other devs tweaking the source code and adding their own to make it better. Programmers aren't about to reinvent the wheel everytime they develop something new. Take what is there (especially when it's open source) and make it yours. I've run quite a few ROMs now, and I flashed Codename 3.1 a few days ago (CM lasted about 1 hour on my phone) and it's one of the cleanest running ROMs yet, and I'm still running it...

Credits??? Thanks CM for the source code you freely made free. Just don't cry about it now...

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Jelly Bean Rom

I thought Themes for AOKP/CM would work for this but I could be wrong.
    That's what I though as well; however, every site i have visited has placed separate links for AOKP, CM, and CNA, so it made me think that they don't. Also some themes say they are for the older CNA 1 & 2 so I am not sure if they will run with CNA 3. Thoughts?

ROM
    Jelly Bean/ Thors ICS

Quote Originally Posted by stacman.nexus View Post

The end result for me is that CM is nothing to write home about by itself. The better ROMs come from other devs tweaking the source code and adding their own to make it better. Programmers aren't about to reinvent the wheel everytime they develop something new. Take what is there (especially when it's open source) and make it yours. I've run quite a few ROMs now, and I flashed Codename 3.1 a few days ago (CM lasted about 1 hour on my phone) and it's one of the cleanest running ROMs yet, and I'm still running it...

Credits??? Thanks CM for the source code you freely made free. Just don't cry about it now...
    Yeah...and none of it would be possible if it wasn't for AOSP, I don't think I've ever seen devs giving credit to the real authors...lol

Anyways CNA is good stuff and so was his work back in the good ol OG Droid days so I don't care about the BS just good stable highly customizable ROMs!!!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

No doubt. However, the problem where that breaks down is not tweaking it and all that--this guy, when this debacle went down--didn't change a thing except the name and was taking credit for it. It's not about CM crying, it's about someone literally passing off what they did--to the exact detail--and acting like proper, human adults should do that.

ROM
    AXI0M Patient Zero M2

No doubt. However, the problem where that breaks down is not tweaking it and all that--this guy, when this debacle went down--didn't change a thing except the name and was taking credit for it. It's not about CM crying, it's about someone literally passing off what they did--to the exact detail--and acting like proper, human adults should do that.
    I have to say that I wasn't following it back then, and the circumstances are a little different than I thought. I have no issues with someone using open source code, and rearranging/tweaking, and releasing in their own name, but if as you described that's altogether different. It must have been an earlier version because I didn't see anything from AOSP/AOKP that was even close to as customizable as 3.1.

Oh well, I'm off to try Paranoid Android...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

I have to say that I wasn't following it back then, and the circumstances are a little different than I thought. I have no issues with someone using open source code, and rearranging/tweaking, and releasing in their own name, but if as you described that's altogether different. It must have been an earlier version because I didn't see anything from AOSP/AOKP that was even close to as customizable as 3.1.

Check the links/search prompt. This really has nothing to do with the CNA rom--although that had its own bag of drama (notably him challenging everyone he kanged from on Twitter, which is at once childish, immature, and terrible for the community).

What was done before is essentially what you or I could do. I could down CM10, change the build prop, and call it my own work.
    Thanked by:
    2defmouze likes this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

ROM

So how does Paranoid stack up?

[making a phone so big] "you can't get your hand around it"[ helps, but that] "no one's going to buy that." - Steve Jobs

The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isnt because we dont want to hit [a lower] price point, Jobs said. Its because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first. - again, Steve Jobs

ROM
    AXI0M Patient Zero M2

So how does Paranoid stack up?

I haven't flashed it yet. I figured it would keep me occupied at the office tomorrow. Besides, I was expecting some calls I couldn't miss, and I understand that configuring this ROM is an undertaking in itself.

Flashed CNA 3.2 and CNA gapps. Auto restored all of my apps, everything works and tons of goodies inside. Perfect.

ROM
    AXI0M Patient Zero M2

Flashed CNA 3.2 and CNA gapps. Auto restored all of my apps, everything works and tons of goodies inside. Perfect.
    Where was v3.2 posted?

ROM
    AXI0M Patient Zero M2

Well, that makes sense...

Thanks!

Yep! I guess he figured "Screw you Rootz" and decided to host his own forum and downloads.

ROM
    AXI0M Patient Zero M2

Yep! I guess he figured "Screw you Rootz" and decided to host his own forum and downloads.
    Rootz is where I was looking and didn't find anything except for the closed thread.

I'm liking CNA more and more because of the features and tweaks. These pack an awful lot in there to play with. I get bored with the barebones ROMs, and there are plenty of those.

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

This rom is the beez neez!! I've tried a lot over the last week...stayed away due to dev shennanigans or whatever. Guess I'm glad I did as I may not have bothered to try so many others if I had this from the getgo. For me...this is the best rom available. Stolen or whatever...this guy knows what he's doing. Packaged them up to be better.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast