Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Default Re: [ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] Codename Android 3.0.0 [JB][07/31/2012]

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    ellisz - I did have to manually flash DSP Manager for 3.6, so maybe I did for 3.5 too. If you don't see it in your apps flash it via the link I posted above. It's well worth it IMHO.
    LOL - I was using a generic equalizer app from the market. After flashing DSP Manager, it is a whole new world. Made a huge difference in the car! Thanks.
    ConTejas likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #152  

ROM
    Rooted/Unlocked Stk 4.4.3

Hey guys just wanted to let you know I hadn't forgotten you here! Am going to update the first post with the 3.6.5 details from the official CNA site tomorrow. Still, the links in the first post will direct you to the download for it for those that want it. Been a busy week and weekend for me (lots of football and a music festival), but I will flash to 3.6.5 tomorrow (am sure some of you already have). Hope you guys have had a great weekend!
    [making a phone so big] "you can't get your hand around it"[ helps, but that] "no one's going to buy that." - Steve Jobs

The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isnt because we dont want to hit [a lower] price point, Jobs said. Its because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first. - again, Steve Jobs

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Quote Originally Posted by mtbhk44 View Post
    I'm running CNA for the first time. Jumped right to 3.6. It's very smooth. I like it alot. I wish there was a way to customize the pulldown screen (with a photo) and the dummy lights for gmail, text, etc like Sourcery has, but I haven't had a single issue since flashing it last night. Very impressive
    You can change the notification background (ie. pulldown screen) in CNA 3.6.5. In the Interface>General settings. Just fyi. Otherwise it's buttery smooth and super stable as expected.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #154  

ROM

Agree. I got to say Codename sure does package his ROMs well. Besides the plethora of features, each build is stable (not including his nightlies).
    [making a phone so big] "you can't get your hand around it"[ helps, but that] "no one's going to buy that." - Steve Jobs

The reason we [won't] make a 7-inch tablet isnt because we dont want to hit [a lower] price point, Jobs said. Its because we think the screen is too small to express the software. As a software driven company, we think about the software strategies first. - again, Steve Jobs
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    You can change the notification background (ie. pulldown screen) in CNA 3.6.5. In the Interface>General settings. Just fyi. Otherwise it's buttery smooth and super stable as expected.
    Is it transparent by default?

Tapatalk sent from the future

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    Is it transparent by default?

Tapatalk sent from the future
    It's adjustable from zero to 100%.

I like 25-30% myself.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #158  

ROM

Just updated original post to include info for 3.6.6. Have not updated to this version as Nothing major new added (IMO) and am quite happy with 3.6.5. Feel free to share your impressions if you want. Hoping 3.7 is based on 4.1.2 Android (assuming Google releases it for the Nexus and not jumping straight to 4.2 as the rumored LG Nexus 4 will launch with.

It's been 9 days since the last ROM. Looks like there's trouble with the new version. It got pulled after users complained about boot loop after install.

Anyone know how long this might be? I may try CM10 M2 while waiting if it's going to be a while.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

I was wondering the same thing. I've been happily running an aokp 4.1.2 build but I'm getting a bit antsy. It doesn't seem like many rom devs have released 4.1.2 builds yet. Not that I'm uber impressed with the 1 finger notification expansion but I like to be on the latest builds. I love that this aokp nightly build finally has lockscreen targets.

ive been holding out switching roms waiting to see if they build a 4.1.2 build . Been on the 3.6.6 for a few days now . Poor batt life and the clock speed keeps reverting back to 700MHz

Hi brainless,

This seems to be a problem with the stock kernel setup with the ROM. I've had this issue since 3.5 and know of a few others who have had this issue. It was suposed to be fixed in 3.6.6, but it wasn't. I think many CNA users either don't notice because the ROM works pretty well even at 700MHz or they flashed a kernel with the ROM and never had the problem. I've found that flashing the stock kernel again (not the ROM) solves the issue for me. Try flashing faux #21m (or #22m) again and see if that doesn't solve the issue.

I have also had a few black screens of death with 3.6.6 over the past week or so. When this happens, the phone is still running and you might see a notification light, but the power button won't wake the screen. The only way out is a battery pull. This was the first time I've ever had a stability issue with CNA and it only happens overnight. I tried flashing the ROM and kernel a couple of times but still had the issue. A few days ago I replaced CWM with TWRP and flashed the ROM and faux 22m kernel again. I wiped system, cache, and dalvic, but didn't wipe my data. Since then, my phone has been very stable. Take that for what it's worth.

EDIT: Until a few minutes ago...SOD again.

I too have had a couple of black screens .I will try out faux #21 or #22. Also had a couple of looonnngg reboots boot loop couple of times then it will boot . But I love the features of the ROM so I'll wait to see what's next . Thank you for the help ohiomoto

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

What's up CNA folks?! How's 3.8.0?! I've been happily riding the unicorn B5, especially now that my beloved lockscreen targets exist, but was thinking of flashing CNA. Other than this build being based off of 4.1.2 I don't see any changes I want or need. I do, however, need my LTE toggle and it looks like some folks have complained of data issues. So looks like 3.8.0 is a bust. Anyone see it differently?

3.8.0 has been working fine for me. Of course the 700 bug is still in it so I flashed the kernel again, but it's been completely stable otherwise. I hated the AKOP toggles so much that I'm using Power Toggles, but love the new GAPPS. Especially the new gmail with swipe to archive/delete.
    ConTejas likes this.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Good to hear. Yeah I like the swipe to archive/delete new gmail too. Just sideloaded the cherry picked apk yesterday. Anything else in the new gapps? I've been using the same CNA jro03c "no picasa" gapps forever on all roms lol. What's not to like about AOKP's toggles? I wonder why CNA left the LTE toggle out. That's bush league at this stage of the game. IMO of course. My gnex is running so freaking fast and absolutely lag free on B5/M6 that I don't think it could be any better but I used SD Maid pro to clean up my sd card before and after flashing it. I'm thinking SD Maid deserves the credit rather than AOKP, so I was about to flash CNA to test my theory. Not that is was ever a sloth or laggy, but it's crazy fast now. I've decided just to enjoy it and I'll flash when I see something cool or start fiending for some crack...flashing. I definitely recommend trying out SD Maid or something like it.

I flashed this yesterday after ***** didn't have an update for a few days. Really nice. Has one feature that the others don't have yet and that is to remove the alarm icon in the status bar.

New DD at least for a couple days. ;p

Sent from my mind ()
    ConTejas likes this.

Been dropping in at CNA's forums every so often to see if anything is brewing for 4.2. I had been pretty quiet over there. I figured he was probably waiting for CM to release a stable build to work with, but the site has been down for a couple of days now.* I hope he isn't bagging the ROM because I think he does a nice job putting them together. In the mean time, you can still download the latest 4.1 builds from the download site.

* Yes, he builds on CM and they had issues with him, but he was giving proper credit with his latest ROMs. He even provided a way for CNA users to donate to other projects IN his ROM.

[ROM][4.1.1][AOSP] Codename Android 3.0.0 [JB][07/31/2012]-2012-10-20-12.33.49.png
    davey11 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    Been dropping in at CNA's forums every so often to see if anything is brewing for 4.2. I had been pretty quiet over there. I figured he was probably waiting for CM to release a stable build to work with, but the site has been down for a couple of days now.* I hope he isn't bagging the ROM because I think he does a nice job putting them together. In the mean time, you can still download the latest 4.1 builds from the download site.

* Yes, he builds on CM and they had issues with him, but he was giving proper credit with his latest ROMs. He even provided a way for CNA users to donate to other projects IN his ROM.
    I been on 3.8 for ages. That build came out on Oct 19 if I am not mistaken. A whole month on the same rom--blasphemy! I stick with it cos I thinks it is superior. Plus my crackflashing habit has really toned down. Wish I could quit smoking like that.

If he don't come out with something soon, and the other 4.2 stuff gets refined, I will move on.
    ohiomoto likes this.

I just went on goo.im to check out activity. The latest stable was on 10/19 like I said and the latest nightly was on 10/5. Its not looking good. I remeber when he bagged out of his ics stuff. People were not happy. He just dropped that like a hot potato.
    Oh well, its not the end of the world eh?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I'm sure you won't see anything from him until both CM and AOKP start publishing their work on 4.2 to github. Unless he just ports some of their older ones to it first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    davey11 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    I'm sure you won't see anything from him until both CM and AOKP start publishing their work on 4.2 to github. Unless he just ports some of their older ones to it first.

Agreed, but 4.2 came out only recently. To not update his 4.1 stuff for over a month does not bode well. I'll move on soon, when the theme engine comes around for 42. :0

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post

Right. I wasn't expecting to see anything yet, but I didn't expect the site to be down either. Probably nothing to it.

I look at these ROMs the same way I look at hamburgers. Some days I like Five Guys, some days I like In-n-out. I don't have a "loyalty" to any one ROM just as I don't have a loyalty to any one burger. If someone else makes a good customized 4.2 ROM then I'll give it a try. Doesn't mean I've "moved on", just means I was in the mood for something different. I'll be back when the CNA mood strikes me.
    davey11 and ConTejas like this.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast