1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any charging issues with JB?

I am pretty sure this is a hardware issue but unfortunately it showed up a couple of days after loading Jelly Bean.

My phone shows charging all the time. Shows the lightening bolt and says charging on the lock screen. I had a problem with USB the other day but it appears to be working now. Really the phone seems ok but I have noticed WIFI speeds and battery life is horrible. Some of the latter may be due to the new rom(s) but I loaded a new kernel today(Trinity) and set the phone down. Battery went from 75% to 25% in a few hours of no use. Battery stats are almost worthless since I am always showing charged.

I started with Euroskank CM10, went to PatientZero for a day and I went back to Euroskank with the 8/3 build. Battery seems to be the same with CM10 kernel and Trinity.

Do you think this is a hardware issue or could it be software related?

Thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Any charging issues with JB?

If I do a battery pull, the charging icon goes away but comes back once I plug back in and then unplug..

Has to be a hardware issue so I guess I have to decide how bad it bothers me. Would Verizon replace something just for this?

Mine is doing the same thing, says charging all of the time, after a battery pull stops until I have to charge again. Dude at Verizon said it had to be software, and they would send it back if it kept doing it. It just started the other day. I am stock, except for unlocked bootloader

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by utahg8r View Post
    Mine is doing the same thing, says charging all of the time, after a battery pull stops until I have to charge again. Dude at Verizon said it had to be software, and they would send it back if it kept doing it. It just started the other day. I am stock, except for unlocked bootloader

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Doesn't seem like a software issue, although it may be a software issue related to hardware failure.